What have you done for your DM/GM at the end of a campaign?

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
I got this as a gift from a player for inviting her into the campaign.

IMG_20230309_174243045.jpg

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I painted a miniature of Strahd for the DM who ran my wife through her first campaign - Curse of Strahd.
My players did similar. At the end of Act 3 they gave me a mini of the dragon they killed (we used it for the battle where it died) and they are doing the same for the Act 5 finale with two dragons.

This also means I'll have a lot of dragon minis

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
Our DM received his gift and was really appreciative. The moment I told him to expect a delivery, he said "please don't get me that creepy Stone of Golorr!" ... which is a thing in the game we finished. If you're playing Dragon Heist, you can get a Stone from Etsy but I don't recommend it. He was surprised and happy to get recognized. If I lived in the same part of the country as him, I would have gone with the food option, but the Xanathar dice were very well received!

Laurefindel

Legend
Interestingly, I've seen more of the opposite; DMs giving gifts to their players at the end of a campaign. My friends have a mug with an illustration of their characters from an older campaign. I gave playmobil figurines that (to the best that playmobil figurines can offer) represented their characters. I have a friend who did the same with LEGO minifigs for a Star Wars game. One DM had his players' characters drawn (by Keith Parkinson no less).

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
We gave the GM of a long running Freebooters on the Frontier West Marches game one of those shards of a Geode on a nice display stand. There had been a cool rock necklace that had figured prominently in the story, so this felt like a good gift

pogre

Legend
My players have given me several game aids over the years. I usually give them a token of my appreciation at the end of a long campaign. Last time I gave them a book with every adventure we went through. Dice and miniatures are frequently gifts too.

The last campaign of any length I played I gave the GM a painted figure.

I usually give them a token of my appreciation at the end of a long campaign. Last time I gave them a book with every adventure we went through.
I'd like to do the same, but I'm not going to be able to do the book - I'm thinking of a t-shirt with some of the campaign art from the APs/modules. It is an almost 10-year campaign.

Remove ads