What have you done for your DM/GM at the end of a campaign?

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
I'm just finishing up a game of Dragon Heist game with a brand new DM. It was a great game and the DM really did a fantastic job for his first time. I talked with my fellow players and we decided to give him a set of Xanathar's eyeballs dice to remember the game by. That made me think about previous games where we made it all the way the end of the road. I did a dinner for the end of my Curse of Strahd game, for instance.

What have you done? What fun experiences or gifts have you given to your DM/GM to celebrate the end of a game?

aco175

Legend
A cool thing to me would be just a framed piece of paper with the module cover or something close enough if homebrew. Just a printed off thing with a cheap frame would be cool to put on a wall when you get a few of them. Maybe character sheets or something.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
The main reason I'm doing it is that this is a first time DM and I want to encourage him to continue. He hit so many good practices that many experienced DMs don't even get.
You have my full support! Sometimes GMing can seem like a thankless job, and feedback compliments can be few and far between. A gesture like this wont be forgotten.

One DM several years back had a map of his campaign world he made in Inkarnate. When the campaign wrapped we had a framed, poster-sized print made of the map for him.

Not a GM gift, but another time a player had a custom art commission done of the party, so that was a cool memento.

Xamnam

Loves Your Favorite Game
What have you done? What fun experiences or gifts have you given to your DM/GM to celebrate the end of a game?
I received commissioned art of the whole party after they completed LMoP, which is one of the easiest paths to my heart.

Remove ads