Star Wars Saga: The Dawn of Defiance [OOC Thread]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
I think the trooper armor requires you to wear a body glove, taking considerable time. I think it is 10 minutes total, IIRC.
Was this in response to Sloor's plan? I'd prefer to answer it IC, but as Sloor is suggesting they do the various costume change(s) in their palace quarters, the time needed doesn't really mater either way. EDIT= Actually, would the glove fit under Darius' regular clothes? That much time gained if so.

Thanks Possum. Will back edit the relevant IC post asap.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I would have thought the body glove information would be known with common sense looking at the armor. But after thinking about it, it was 10 minutes to remove the body glove and armor from a dead trooper and don it when it happened in another game. Actually starting from scratch, maybe 2-5 minutes. The body glove is hard to get off a corpse, and can be put on before the rest of the armor, I think.

Though, perhaps it is moot.

possum

First Post
Yes, the body glove is required and certainly would take some time to assemble and put together the rest of the suit. Any more questions?

Binder Fred

Why not wake the jedi up before coming back up... moving about, into our previous quarters at that, with carbontie blocks will get us noticed in a big way.
I figure two hovering blocks present about the same challenge as two very weak, possibly non-ambulatory, possibly very confused jedis. Then there's the matter of the three guards standing right there when we try to explain to the two newly awakened jedis that we're the good guys... Our *present* quarters (we haven't moved out yet) are right up the stairs and down a short corridor from the dungeon (tell me that's not the Force in action :)). Doesn't matter if we're seen coming or going from them (though it's of course prefereable if we *aren't* seen at all, and the shorter trip "in disguise" is meant to maximize that possibility). Still, as long as nobody sees us actually duck in them, we're good (hence the positioning of Sloor and TB for a timely distraction if need be). We can put it to a vote if you're not convinced though?

Two points still need to be worked out before we can move out, IMHO. One is the quality of the disguises (Mack and Darius in stolen imperial armor are good, what's Mir's disguise? Is she planning to pose as Victra herself or just "generic imperial"? Use some sort of Force trick to confuse the guards memory of her and/or Victra?), two is the question sloor asked IC: how do we plan to convince the guards? That's the do-or-die part of the plan rght there, I'm thinking.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
Mir and/or Darius can contact the figures silently using the Force, in fact I seem to recall we've already managed to somehow let them know that help is one the way. I'd assume the point of the disguises, as well as deflecting blame, was to allow us to bluff our way past the guards. Darius isn't a planner, though, he's moret he type to keep moving forwards and deal with problems as they come up, liability that he is!

Binder Fred

I'd assume the point of the disguises, as well as deflecting blame, was to allow us to bluff our way past the guards.
True, but we're technically not 'past the guards' until we're out of the dungeon. The three guards will be watching when we go into/are in the dungeon proper and then when we head back out, sure as sure (it's their job, after all). They might (rightly) wonder why we're unfreezing their charges as well... Plus, as mentionned, there's the whole: who knows how long the unfreeze will take and in what conditions the prisoners will be immediately afterwards? Remember that before we (save Darius) saw the last agent, we thought carbonite freezing was fatal. Organa had a whole med-team standing by on that one, and the agent was described as "very weak" the next day even then.

Speaking of the guards, we probably should make sure beforehand that it *isn't* Three Tops and company that are on duty -- as the risk of being recognized would than be *much* higher than with some random guards. Three Tops and co were on night shift last night and it's still light, I think, so our chances should be good. Still, might be worth sending TB to peak in just before we head in, just to make sure.

Songdragon

Explorer
To be blunt and up front, I have decided to quit the game.

I realize that in the last month or so that I just did not enjoy the campaign as I once did. I found myself putting this game off more and more to the point that is has dragged on far too long. In the end it comes down to enjoying the game or not, and I am not.

Before anyone asks can we fix anything, right now I do not want to put in that effort. It is time for me to end my participation and move on.

This campaign was one of my first online play by post endeavors and has had a great run of over two years.

Thank you all for your time.
Songdragon/Mir Malone.

possum

First Post
To be blunt and up front, I have decided to quit the game.

I realize that in the last month or so that I just did not enjoy the campaign as I once did. I found myself putting this game off more and more to the point that is has dragged on far too long. In the end it comes down to enjoying the game or not, and I am not.

Before anyone asks can we fix anything, right now I do not want to put in that effort. It is time for me to end my participation and move on.

This campaign was one of my first online play by post endeavors and has had a great run of over two years.

Thank you all for your time.
Songdragon/Mir Malone.

I'm sorry to see you go. I'm also sorry that I couldn't make this game more enjoyable for you these past couple of months.

I'm probably going to have to call this game, as now we're down to two players and I don't really feel like recruiting again.

Binder Fred

Still able and willing if you are, Possum. We've got plenty of space to accomodate new players too, I think, what with the two freed up characters, the two frozen jedis, Mizza, plus being near a chapter end and all if we want to bring in entirely new blood. As long as there's somebody to interact with, I'll keep on posting to the IC thread.

Last edited:

Remove ads