Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter I: The Traitor's Gambit

perrinmiller

Adventurer
«Has Keyton paid the 10 credits? In this case I have to assume that his silence means no. Sloor has been quite clear about this but I'll re-state: No credits, no healing. Keyton's choice.
<<Mack said he'd pay. If this wasn't resolved, then Sloor had no business opening the door before allowing Nebten to respond.>>

As the door slides open Mack shifts into position (B19) to open fire after Mir's distraction. He opens fire on the far trooper that he can see through the doorway.

[sblock=attack]Autofire Attack (1d20-1=15, 3d8+1=12) Against T1[/sblock]
Otherwise: Mack moves to the doorway (D19), hopefully getting cover from the left side.

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
[Sblock=Backtracking]
Thank you Mack. Sloor, keep the gun as payment. Use the med-pack with got off the stormtroopers. Let's fulfill our desteny.
Makes perfect sense to the mad, he guesses. Still: "The gun's *already* mine, mudcrutch - see how I just handed it taw you? -, and thawse taw medpacks have *already* been used taw patch up Mack and myself. 10 creds and a lessan learned, that's all I'm asking." And he's certainly not looking at Mack when he says this, empty palm trust out.

«Since Perrin is getting impatient about this, I will stipulate that if Keyton, specifically Keyton, does not hand over 10 credits in his next post (wether borrowed from Mack or not), then Sloor will give up and simply NOT help him.
[/sblock]
As the the door slides open Mir opens her eyes and takes a breif look about the cargo room and concentrates. Several meters from her a dark furred wookie takes form and starts barreling towards the nearest group of troopers rroaring with unbridled rage and begins shooting. The shoots seem to rain all about the troopers.
Sloor's eyes go round and snap to Mir's face: That's... that's no holo-proj! And then suddenly things click into place. Holy frecking powers, a Jedi! And then some *other* odd behavior (and equipment) also clicks into place: *TWO* FRECSING JEDIS?!

Everybody except Possum said:
Mir moves into the room.

Keyton dashes into the room as well while Mack takes cover by the doorway.

Sloor is frankly flabbergasted: first the Force Wookie and now this? "Guess they frecking MISSED the part abawt firing FIRST?" he grouses to TB.

"Hope they manage to survive that first salvo," sympathizes the droid in an equally low voice.

Without further ado, Sloor opens up full auto on the sled and its two occupants.

«This is assuming the sled is hovering above the level of the Crates and therefore DOES NOT have Improved Cover. If it does, target Trooper 4 instead, please.
1d20+1-5-5=-1 for (3d8=14) 7 damage on a miss.
«CONDITION: Sloor has cover from the door, effective REF at 19. TB is HIDDEN, 18 Perception to spot.

Last edited:

possum

First Post
Judging from the map, I'd say that it has only regular cover from the computer console in the middle of the room. The hovercraft isn't floating enough to clear the cargo crates, as they're stacked pretty high, but you do have a clear line of sight to it. There are also no range penalties. Still want to attack the sled?

possum

First Post
Sadly, Sloor's shots do nothing but char the outer level of paint on the hovercraft.

The repulsors of the hovercraft hum heavily to life as it moves towards the interlopers. Now, as it is completely unconcealed from view, you can see a large dark gray slab laying on the deck. The stormtrooper piloting the craft makes a slight movement to man the blaster cannon and takes a shot at the illusory wookiee, cursing as his shot goes right through the being.

Mir's up as round one begins for the PCs.

Songdragon

Explorer
The black shaggy wookie lets out a last howl and disappears as Mir moves over to the barrel (J22) for some cover and with a determined look raises her carbine and fires (aurofire) on those on the hoversled.

1d20-3=17, 3d8=8OOC: Critical Hit - That is a 20 there! :D That makes it 16 dmg

Seeing the actual hit in a nasty manner she cringes slightly but is thankful she did hit.

possum

First Post
Mir's blaster bolts slam straight into the stormtrooper's chest, driving him to the ground in a heap. The hovercraft drifts a third of a meter at most before coming to a stop, its operator dead.

Before this, however, Mack takes a careful shot at one of the stormtroopers on the ground, the blaster bolt killing him.

The lieutenant, remaining cool and calm despite the loss of his heavy artillery, tactically moves towards the middle of the bay and begins to shout orders and instructions to his men. All those visible seem to perk up at his words and actions. (All stormtroopers save T3 gain +1 on attacks unless out of sight). Finally, he snaps off a shot at Mir, slightly injuring the young woman. (9 damage)

Keyton, Mack, then Sloor are up.

Last edited:

possum

First Post
BayFightRnd1.jpg

Remove ads