Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter I: The Traitor's Gambit

Nebten

First Post
Keyton follows until it is safe to speak.

Wasn't there supposed to be a 'backdoor'? Maybe we can avoid the outside guards all together. I would hate to alert those inside. Who knows how many are in there.

Keyton will try to get a response from Verimak about the backdoor. If oral communication doesn't work, he'll draw a stick figure bunker on the ground ground and point to various points along its perimiter.

possum

First Post
[sblock=Tactical Map]
StreamOutpostBattlePositioning.jpg

Greenish-yellow are giant mushrooms to take cover against
Blue is a shallow stream that is considered to be difficult terrain
Grey is the small outpost.
[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir looks to Mack and comments after keyton in a whisper, "While I am sure we could take them, it does ruin any surprise we might have when we do get into that facility. getting into this backdoor, via stealth, I think is a better option. Saves the fighting for when we have what we need and getting out, rather then the whole process. Not to mention, we have a that cruiser in orbit, that I would rather not deal with for reinforcements." And after a thought, "I am sure that I can make a distraction or two to get us in stealthily, if that is an option."

Nebten

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Is something missing from that map? You have the outpost (grey) as only 6 squares. That doesn't make any sense for a place that is supposed to be holding prisoners. So either the structure is missing, or I think we are in the wrong place [/sblock]

possum

First Post
OOC: It's not what you're thinking. It's a small checkpoint, if you will. You're still miles away from the facility that you're trying to get into. Thing is, this little checkpoint's right in your way...

perrinmiller

Adventurer
<<Stepping OOC for this. Since the tactical grid has us starting across the river in the area marked by the "G"s, are we shackled into a linear approach to this encounter?

Also there appears to be two different types of bad guys according to their tokens. Is there a visible difference between them?>>

Mack says,
"What I spotted was not the facility, but some kind of crude outpost. Looking at the terrain and judging from Verimak's reaction, this is unavoidable."

"We could use an unconventional solution to either take them out or by-pass them undetected. But I think, once we start fighting them we can expect them to call in reinforcements. However, this could be to our advantage if we can take out the seven troopers quickly. If we smash and dash, we can make our way to the facility while the reinforcements are rushing here."

"Is there any way we can leave a trail or something ahead of time to have the reinforcements chase us off in the wrong direction."

Mack looks at Sloor, who has proven to come up with unconventional ideas in the past.

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

Songdragon

Explorer
(( Do these troopers seem to be on extra alert? Just curious if the the scouts we downed were able to get a warning off or not? ))

Mir considers a moment and comments to the others, "Like before with our new friends here I could create a diversion, to at least distract them for a moment or two. But it is, taxing (need to spend a FP to do so). Or perhaps just a sound to have them look in another direction. Either way I am down for removing this treat before continuing, if everyone else is?"

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Keyton follows until it is safe to speak.

Wasn't there supposed to be a 'backdoor'? Maybe we can avoid the outside guards all together. I would hate to alert those inside. Who knows how many are in there.

Sloor, apparently just about to say something, is suddenly at a lost for words: when the freck did Keyton and Mack switch brains on him?!

Either way I am down for removing this treat before continuing, if everyone else is?"
"I'm nawt. Frek, spirks, what's the pawing in killing every trooper we meet? We risk awer hides and gain nawthing -- NAWTHING! This is suppawsed taw be a frecsing STEALTH MISSIAN so I say we ditch the bucks and actually *stealth* awer way past this outpost." He raises his head just past the top of the ridge, pointing out features, "It'll be frecsing easy, fawr frecs sake: just approach behind that giant mushrawmy thing <at L16>, swim dawn the river taw behind *that* awne awve there <AC22> and just climb awt. Right?"

Nebten

First Post
Quiet down, Sloor.

I feel we should try to keep the kybucks. Just dismount and walk them out and side trek this whole area all together. Being out in the open like this is pretty dangerous with 2 to 1 numbers. It doesn't seem as if they are on any more alert then normal. This is good since the scouts may not have sent word. I'm all for bypassing this area.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
<<Possum, we have at least three OOC questions up above. Don't want them forgotten as we continue to post RP. ;) And I am adding a knowledge check too.>>

Mack says,
"It would appear that these rybucks are faster than the speeder bike in this terrain, so it is best to keep them, if we can."

"It seems we are all in favor of by-passing this outpost if we can. Perhaps Mir's illusion talent can get them focused in the opposite direction and we can slip by undetected."

Mack considers what he knows about the tactical situation and what the imperial's reactions might be.

Knowledge Tactics (1d20+7=22)

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

Remove ads