D&D 4th Edition [Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe) - Page 8




What's on your mind?

  1. #71
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    Morko looks over the dwarf's shoulder and spots a crumbling piece of flagstone on the outside of the fascia. He points it out to Calisto. With something tangible to grab onto, the tiefling is able to smooth over the rest of the conversation with the dwarf.

    "Alright Jennifer, tell you what I can even take you in myself. We ain't never see anything out here so maybe it'll be a bit more exciting with you near me. By the by, my name's Billar" he says gesturing for you to follow. He leads you through the front doors and shuts up the guards there with a withering look.

    ooc


    "So you'll need to sign in, just in case, gotta follow proper procedures. Ok, so just sign on that line print your name and the division of the government you work for." Billar says, handing you a clipboard with a bottle of ink and a quill. He then leads you to their receiving area, you notice that it's pretty quiet around, you haven't seen another person.

    "So this is the grain comes in from our suppliers, what? Oh yeah the night shift was told not to come in tonight. Kinda odd, but I heard the brew ain't selling so good this year. Oh, just ignore that" the dwarf says, as a small rodent peers out from a sack of grain and then rushes away. "Our rat catchers must be off tonight too...weird." he says, somewhat embarrassed. "This won't be in the report right Jessica?" he says, then continues to lead you on. The next area is the our prized brewing area, he tells you, "We can put out about 500,000 barrels each year now, we ship all over the Seas. But what else would you expect from the King of Beers, yessir when you say Bouldweizer you've said it all." as he shows the area. Again, the vats seem in marginally good condition, nothing glaring here. You walk past a room on your way to the next area, its closed door is not labeled.

    Brewing area


    Perception DC15

    You see a light on inside and hear movement that quickly stops once you move closer to the door

 

  • #72
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834

    Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    Ghorgor looks around with animosity, smirking when the guard mention that Bouldwaizor isn't selling so well.

    Perception (1d20+2=20)

    His eyes light up when he notices the suspicious activity. He points out silently to the rest of the crew, behind the guard. He mimics kicking down the guard with an inquiring but enthusiastic look.

  • #73
    Registered User
    Superhero (Lvl 15)

    Walking Dad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    15,780
    Blog Entries
    7

    Ignore Walking Dad
    My communities:

    Nejs Radan, Half-Elf Ardent 1

    Nejs notices nothing..

    ooc

    Perception (1d20+1=5)

    Mini stat block

    Nejs Ragan
    Perception: 11 Insight: 18 Low-light Vision
    AC 16 Fortitude 14 Reflex 12 Will 15
    Initiative: +2
    Hit Points: 28 / 28 Bloodied: 14
    Temporary Hit Points: 0
    Resist: -
    Saving Throw: -
    Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
    Healing Surge:7 Surges per day: 10 / 10
    At-Will Powers: Demoralizing Strike, Energizing Strike
    Encounter Powers: Power Points: 2/2, Ardent Surge 2/2, Ardent Outrage, Virtuous Strike
    Daily Powers: Implanted Suggestion

    Condition:

    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #74
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    stonegod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    12,535
    Blog Entries
    10

    Ignore stonegod
    My communities:

    OOC: Perception 19

    Fissure frowns when he sees something up ahead, and pats away Ghorgor's hand as he eagerly tries to warn them.
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

    My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

    "You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

  • #75
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813

    Ignore Velmont
    My communities:

    "I agree, you are truly the King of Beer." tells Calisto. She spot the moveemnt and see that Fissure have spotted it too.

    Go take a look, with discretion. Bring Ghorgor , I'll distract our host a moment so he doesn't ask too many question. tells mentally Calisto to Fissure.

    "And don't fear for the rat. You have a large building and you handle a lot of comestible material. Rats is to be expected, but as you have a rat catcher in your staff, that's a plus for you, not a bad note." tells Calisto. "Are you always on the night shift or are you doing rotation? Do you start early or do you have a chance to do something before going to work?" she asks, with a hit of interest in her voice that could let suppose the dwarf that question is more for personal matter.

    OOC
    Perception (1d20+6=25)

    Use Send Thoughts on Fissure. He can answer mentally with 25 words of less.

    Create diversion for Ghorgor and Fissure: Bluff (1d20+11=20)
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #76
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    stonegod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    12,535
    Blog Entries
    10

    Ignore stonegod
    My communities:

    Will try to be quiet-like. the big guy thinks. Fissure taps the other large goliath on the shoulder and nods towards the unmarked door with a shushing gesture. But its hard to hide an 8-foot tall giant...

    OOC: Stealth 7. Trying to get to that door.
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

    My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

    "You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

  • #77
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834

    Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    Ghorgor eagerly drags behind, then walks on the tip of his toe, hunched like a fat cat and giggling like a little girl and humming a theme song for his infiltration.

    OOC
    No rolls. Either Calisto successfully distract the guard or he doesn't and he sees ghorgor make a fair imitation of Kronk from the Emperor's new Groove!

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv-sKP17xTw"]YouTube- Kronks Mission.[/ame]



  • #78
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    Billar begins smiling lasciviously at Calisto when Ghorgor opens the door, Fissure joins him, quiet as one would expect of him.

    Ghorgor/Fissure

    You see what looks like a small brewing operation in this room, nothing on the scale of the one that the guide showed you, but looks like it is in use. A man is adding reagents to a large barrel, a large stir-stick is moving of its own accord as he throws in some leaves. He looks up as you open the door. "What in the hells are you doing here?" the man demands and as he speaks you spot a tiny, nearly invisible cube on the man's shoulder. He quickly moves forward and levels his wand at the goliath, a black ray springing out, but Ghorgor's natural fortitude fights off the effect.


    Billar turns as he hears the duo moving about but it is too late to stop them from opening the door. "I really wish you hadn't done that" he sighs as a black beam slams into Ghorgor's chest, but he seems fine

    ooc

    The platform is 20' up, the stairs are Difficult terrain.

    The man moves up and points his wand at Ghorgor, but the goliath is fine

    vs fort; vs fort; necrotic (1d20+10=11, 1d20+10=14, 1d8+4=5)

    init (fissure, bad guy; Ghorgor) (1d20+4=13, 1d20+4=23, 1d20+2=16)
    init (nejs, morko, calisto) (1d20+2=15, 1d20+2=22, 1d20=8)

    Initiative:
    Bad Guy
    Everyone else - feel free to post in any order, we'll adjudicate as posted. (Mal's rules). I'll post defenses when hit and once bloodied I'll post hp.
    Last edited by renau1g; Thursday, 23rd September, 2010 at 03:43 PM.

  • #79
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)



    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    montreal
    Posts
    3,834

    Ignore Mal Malenkirk
    OOC
    Damn it, I almost wish he had hit. Way to waste my battlemind resilience.


    -''Is bad guy! Is bad juju shooting at me. Only bad guy use bad juju black ray!'' Gorgor shouts happily. ''Hurray! Ghorgor knew Bouldwaizor be bad guys!''

    He then dutifully takes the point.

    Actions
    Double move to G-3


    OOC

    Everyone else - feel free to post in any order, we'll adjudicate as posted. (Mal's rules).
    I am always amused when someone mention 'Mal's rules'. But I was far more amused when, checking on an unrelated adventure, I noted that the DM, whom I had never interacted with, posted the rules for his adventure under the header: 'Mal Rules' instead of 'Mal's rules'.

    I was sorely tempted to post OOC in his adventure just to say: 'Yes. Yes I do.'
    Last edited by Mal Malenkirk; Tuesday, 4th May, 2010 at 03:20 AM.

  • #80
    PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

    renau1g's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    16,816

    Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

    Mal

    I've seen that more than a couple times and it always makes me chuckle...indeed you do

    http://www.enworld.org/forum/5162458-post1.html

    "Malenkirk Rules"


    LEB Judge - Come try PbP in Eberron (4e)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-eberron/


    L4W Judge - Come try PbP in the Transitive Isles (4e - Homebrew)
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-4th-edition/

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 8 of 114 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Adventure] The Paper Chase (Judge: renau1g)
      By Antithetist in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 688
      Last Post: Sunday, 7th November, 2010, 03:35 PM
    2. A Simple Errand (DM:renau1g, Judge: covaithe)
      By renau1g in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1008
      Last Post: Wednesday, 25th August, 2010, 06:26 AM
    3. Replies: 322
      Last Post: Thursday, 6th May, 2010, 10:02 PM
    4. [Adventure] The Second Day of Mourning (Judge: renau1g)
      By Kalidrev in forum Living Eberron
      Replies: 1003
      Last Post: Thursday, 4th March, 2010, 05:54 PM
    5. [Adventure] The Sibylline Idol (Judge covaithe)
      By Erekose13 in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 711
      Last Post: Saturday, 24th October, 2009, 04:54 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •