[Adventure] A Chef's Request (DM:renau1g; judge: covaithe)

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''The food, it is delicious, but is so small!'' bemoans the huge Goliath, who emptied each plate as fast as they were coming. ''We need more! For reward, we need taste prize winning food! ...oh, but gold too. Gold is good.''

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Any Dauntonian here? I think they have +4 for monster knowledge :p

I think we will finish to negotiate the contract before entering the skill challenge.[/SBLOCK]

"Ghorgor have a point, what do you offer for all those?" asks Calisto.

renau1g

First Post
"Ah, but of course. I will gladly reward your group for your efforts. So, the ingredients are a hazard to get to and you deserve compensation. I can of course offer free cuisine at my restaurant for one year and a sample of the final creations. The gold component of the reward will vary depending on the quality of the specimen you bring me. I will pay as high as 200 gold coins for each component on the list, presuming its in excellent shape. I also have connections in town that may be able to...acquire... some unique items that ones in your particular line of work may find useful on top of the gold rewards." Georges replies.

Velmont

First Post
"Up to 1800 gp, possibility to be paid in magical items, free meals in one of the best restaurant of the city." she takes her glass of port and taste it. "Quite good, do you have some Colheita in your reserve? They are more brown in there color and a bit more sweet with a well develop taste developed while resting in their oak barrel.

I suppose we have the possibility to keep anything we fall on during that contract. It's sounds good to me."

[SBLOCK=OOC]I'm a fan of Port wine in real life... couldn't stop myself here :blush: [/SBLOCK]

renau1g

First Post
"Colheita? Of course. Give me a moment, I shall check the cellar." Georges replies, heading to the door again. He returns with a bottle, glasses for everyone on a silvered tray and a box of cigars for those interested, "Although you must take them out on the patio, I don't allow smoking inside" he says, as he places the tray down. He pours each of you a drink, filled only halfway to ensure you can appreciate its aroma. He also cautions about its strong alcohol content, much stronger than regular wine.

The port is a golden brown color, with green shades indicating its old age. Intense vanilla, cinnamon and dried fruits aromas, extremely complex in the mouth, with a very long aftertaste.

"I will give you a few moments to discuss amongst yourselves, please enjoy your surroundings" the chef says as he leaves you to your discussion.

[sblock=glasses]
sz-110220.jpg
[/sblock]

Pwn3r3r

First Post
After viewing the display of each meal, and fearfully trying a bit of each, the half-orc wore a less than satisfied expression on his face. He looked at the glasses which were given with the meal and couldn't help but cringe. "Your food, it looks good and all, but I'm not entirely used to such fine meals. They tasted... well, interesting to say the least. My main concern right now are the glasses," Morko points to the glass in front of him, "I'm afraid if I touch it I may break it." He frowns, but listens to everything the chef has to say in regards to the ingredients he requires.

[sblock=Morko]Morko - Male Half-orc Barbarian level 1
Initiative: +2, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 15, Passive Insight: 10
AC: 16, Fort: 16, Reflex: 13, Will: 10 — Speed: 6, 8 while charging. (Swift charge - Racial)
HP: 29/29, Bloodied: 14, Surge: 7, Surges left: 10/810;
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Howling Strike
Recuperating Strike
Avalanche Strike
Furious Assault
Swift Charge

Rage Drake's Frenzy

Morko Udoain - L4W:pC:Morko Udoain - L4W Wiki

I apologize about the late post. Been busy round the house. :)[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
"I would suggest you to handle the glass just as you would a woman." replies Calisto. She grabs her glass and pick up a cigar. "Let's go outside a moment." Once everyone is outside, she light up her cigar. "I am less use to smoke, but they are great quality too. So, what do you think about that. I very like the idea of that hunting. I'm not just the best at it, but I think we will also have more than a chance to resolve our little challenge too."

covaithe

Explorer
A shadow passes high overhead, sending a momentary chill over the room. It's probably just a cloud, but conversation around the room pauses for a moment, before resuming at a slightly lower volume.

[sblock=ooc]This looks like fun. I can judge it.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Fissues continues eating, more tasting, each motion with exagerated carefulness due to his size. He takes the wine and port glasses with two hands, instead of the more refined underhand gesture, but only tastes each, coughing a little at the strong port. When the others go outside, he looks curiously at the cigar, entirely out of his depth on what do do with it. When someone mentions smoke, he looks for another stick to rub against the apparently tiny match.

Challenges of brain, not body. Good for Fissure. Outside mastery, gain more mastery.

Remove ads