Adv: Rhapsody; Judge: renau1g

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Oh yeah. you're ready for combat.[/sblock]

Seeing the wand drawn the girl looks nervous and takes step back. The man in the doorway raises his crossbow and points it at Nyar. He stomps his foot once and a second man appears in the doorway with a longsword and shield.

"I'm going to ask you to keep your wand sheathed while in the Key Sip, sir." She says nervously.

[sblock=Arcana 17/Religion 17]The girl's reaction to self preservation leads you to believe she's not under any magic induced mind control. It could be there, but it would be an unusually complex one.[/sblock]

modest

First Post
In a bustling flash that belies his age, Dalvach drops his equipment and cloak in one swift fling of his arm. His hat flies off with the motion and lands atop his pile of raiments. His Craghammer glimmers a sparkle of blue as if reflecting a light not seen in this store, or this realm for that matter. His armor stretches and creaks to the sound of stone on stone, as if adjusting to fit his muscles that are engorging with blood. His face is fury. His one blue eye seems maniacal and rage driven, yet somewhere deep in the center is a perfect calm. When he speaks, it is not with the forward, arrogant manner he has presented before. All too halcyon and decidedly, with his hammer held low, defensively, he looks the man in the eye and says, "Ye want to be careful who ye threaten there manling. I'd put your heart through a grindstone just as soon as look at ye. Ye know not who ye menace with that weapon. Put it down. Now."

[sblock=ministats] Triggers: Ardent Mantle: Mantle of Clarity. Allies within 5 get +3 to all defenses against opportunity attacks. +2 to Perception and Insight checks. Status:Happy Init: +3 Speed: 5 Perception:17 Insight: 22 AC: 21 NAD:16/13/17 HP: 43/43 Surges: 10/10 Surge Value: 10 AP: 1 Languages: Common, Dwarven Str:10 Dex:12 Wis:16 Con:16 Int:8 Cha:18
Powers: At-Will: Ire Strike, Prescient Strike, Energizing Strike Encounter: Fey Strike Craghammer Daily: Chainmail of Dwarven Vigor, Endure Pain, Wormhole Plunge, Targeting Repeating Crossbow [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC/Check] I believe Nyar is going to assist me with this intimidate check so please don't post a response yet, if you do it's no big deal but here it is.
1d20+6 → [17,6] = (23) http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2512439/ woot![/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
Baern puts a hand to his handaxe warily, but makes no aggressive moves.

[sblock=OOC] I'm back, luckily nothing has happened YET.
Baern will draw but not threaten with a handaxe.
[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar smiles inwardly to himself. Dalvach can be quite intimidating when he wants to be. "I'll see if I can help him out," Nyar thinks to himself, using a little hidden Prestidigitation.

His eyes go wide with fear. "EGADS man! You don't know what you've done! You have incited the anger of a Slayer! You better stand down or we'll be cleaning your entrails off of everything in this shop ....and that poor girls pretty face!"

Blue smoke starts to fume off the head of Dalvach's hammer and streaks angrily toward the ceiling. The hammer head begins to pulse with blue light. The guards feel a chill travel down their spine.

"I don't want to have to clean up after him again! All that blood makes me vomit! Here! As a show of good faith, I will take the first step and put my wand away," Nyar makes exaggerated movements to show himself placing his wand away back inside his robes.

[sblock=ooc] Hope that counts as an assist on Intimidate. I wasn't trying to accelerate this to a fight, promise! :) And welcome back JM1! [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Init: +5 Speed: 6 Perception:13 Insight: 18
AC: 17 NAD: F: 13 R:18 W:16 (+2 vs. Illusion Attacks/Perception)
HP: 33/33 Surges: 6/6 Surge Value: 8 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:8 Dex:16 Wis:12 Con:11 Int:20 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Magic Missle, Storm Pillar, Scorching Burst
Encounter: Empowering Lightning, Pinioning Vortex, Second Wind, Wand of Accuracy, Otherworldly Lore
Daily: Bracers of Escape, Sleep [/sblock]

Last edited:

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
The men in the doorway clearly look uncomfortable but their weapons do not lower. The man with the sword steps up and takes a readied stance. The girl at the counter slowly begins lowering to the floor.

"I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave!" He says quite loudly, and soon you know why. The door in the hall behind them cracks open and two more men come out, one with a club and the other with what looks like a broom handle. From the scuffle behind them, you'd guess there's more.

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar looks about the shop and ponders the situation. Clearly things are not as they appear. Why would a simple herbalists shop contain a small contingent of armed guards? Multiple armed guards on duty, almost as if expecting serious altercations at any moment?

However, at this juncture, there is still no evidence of obvious wrong doing that would warrant a vicious ending to this encounter.

"Oye, comrades! Slayer! We need not shed these poor souls blood needlessly. Let us adjourn post haste! Slayer, do not unleash the beast of anger and violence! Spare these poor beings your fury."

Nyar slowly steps toward the door, hoping his comrades follow him.
He does watch the guards closely, in particular trying to determine if there are any identifying marks for House Deneith or any local mercenary guilds. His hand stays inside his robe, ready in case things turn violent.

[sblock=perception] 1d20+2 → [20,2] = (22)
Roll Lookup Aha! Natural 20! what a waste... [/sblock]

modest

First Post
Dalvach senses the other guards presence down the hall. Small, blurry outlines of confusion and haste fill his mind. They know not what their purpose is. It would be a shame for them to die so presently. He hears Nyar's words like some far-off voice of reason. Slowly, his rage disappears like a morning mist over the mountains of his hold. He starts to visibly shrink back into his hunched, modest form. "If we leave, it will be by our own accord you rat-mother hosts of vermin." Dalvach vehemently hisses the next part, "I hope you live long enough for me to kill you upon our next meeting." With that, Dalvach stoops to pick up his belongings, securing his cloak around his chest and placing his hat atop his head. "Come, there's more than one way to drown a goblin."

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
The party exits the shop and things seem to calm considerably. The evening was waning and it would night soon. All around the district lights begin to appear, whether torches or magical. Some meant for seeing by, others to attract people to their shows over others.

The Key Sip has remained open but one of the armed guards has taken a post at the main entrance.

FourMonos

First Post
"Friends, maybe would should adjourn to a nearby establishment to discuss our next move? The ever subtle "In-the-front-door-and-throw-your-weight-around-Maneuver" didn't go off so well."

Nyar looks for a tavern to have a seat for a bit. His left leg is acting up again.

"Would those of you with better night vision than myself mind keeping an eye out for anyone who might try to track or follow us?"

As he walks down the street from the Key Sip, he tries to take in some details of the building. How many levels? Anything surrounding the building? Other shops or establishments? Are there any other entrances or allies that would allow access from a different location?

Remove ads