Paladin as Prestige Class

DarkSoldier

First Post
I'm rebuilding the paladin as a prestige class. Right now, he's got the core paladin's progression with the last ten levels chopped off and the blackguard's spells per day. The prereqs are LG alignment, BAB +6, Know (religion) 10 ranks, Weap Focus w/ deity's weapon, and the blackguard's special prereq, but switched to good.

Does this setup look playable? I haven't playtested myself, but I'd like your opinions on this prestige class.

Jeph

Explorer
DarkSoldier, I am wholeheartedly with you in this issue. IMHO, the Paladin is just to narrow for a core class.

However, with the high prereqs, you might want to throw in an extra smite or two per day, at varius levels.

Dr_Rictus

First Post
In addition to the blackguard, you might also look at the Holy Liberator class (I think that's the name) from Defenders of the Faith, which is a take on the paladin concept for chaotic good ideals, done as a prestige class.

dvvega

Explorer
The Hospitalier from Defenders of the Faith is also a very Paladiny prestige class ... it gets most of the bonuses that a Paladin gets.

Jay Lofstead

First Post
Although I haven't read it personally yet, the Book of the Rightous (Green Ronin) has done just this. They worked out a domain system where the core paladin works out as having chosen two particular domains they created. I would certainly look at that book for a good place to start. It sounds like they put a lot of work in it.

Remove ads