Pathfinder 1E Pathfinder Campaign Website Template for Google Sites

mgbeach

Explorer
Hi all, I'm brand spankin' new here and thought I'd start off by letting you all know about something I created and hopefully some of you might find useful

I've been using Google Site Builder for some time now, mainly to make sites for my various play-by-post and home campaigns. I've made my site template available for any of you who would like to give it a go. Google has done a great job of making a powerful yet simple website building tool; and better yet, it's free.

You can check it out at Recent Updates (Pathfinder: Template)

If you have a Google ID and you are logged in, you should be able to click a button at the top right of that page to create your own site from the template. Whether you have an ID or not, you can look through the template to see what you think.

The page works equally well for play-by-post or face-to-face campaigns, and I hope you'll find that it contains some useful features.

If you have any thoughts I'd love to hear them; just post them here. Thanks! I look forward to hanging around and getting to know y'all soon!

mgbeach

Explorer
Thanks :p I should note that Google Sites' interface is so easy to get a hang of, that if you think this site would be useful at all for your group but don't play Pathfinder, it's very easy to get rid of the Pathfinder-specific bits and customize it any way you want.

It basically just gives a good jumping-off point...as I found myself making many similar sites it was much easier to have a lot of the work done already.

mgbeach

Explorer
Thanks for this, do you have any finished or ongoing examples?

Ongoing campaigns I generally have set so only those participating can view (a nice feature easily set up in the page management section) but here's one for a Council of Thieves campaign that only lasted a few sessions. The layout isn't exactly as it is in the template but should give an idea of how the different types of pages look.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all. Thanks!

Recent Updates (Pathfinder: Council of Thieves)

Khairn

First Post
mgbeach, that's an excellent template. I've never used Google Sites for my campaign notes, but I think I'll be doing so in the future.

Good job.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Ongoing campaigns I generally have set so only those participating can view (a nice feature easily set up in the page management section) but here's one for a Council of Thieves campaign that only lasted a few sessions. The layout isn't exactly as it is in the template but should give an idea of how the different types of pages look.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all. Thanks!

Recent Updates (Pathfinder: Council of Thieves)

In your downloads you have an item that is for sale from Paizo.
In essence you're giving away one of their products for FREE.

Probably not a good idea.

mgbeach

Explorer
In your downloads you have an item that is for sale from Paizo.
In essence you're giving away one of their products for FREE.

Probably not a good idea.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. It was purchased by our DM and shared between the group, and when I made that site public to show an example of what the template looks like on a live site I neglected to remove it. It's now been deleted.

Remove ads