Tale of the Crystal Princess. An Arcana Evolved Game. OOC

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm. Here's a couple of questions.

The Gunmage has a power to enhance his gun's bullets...does that stack with any magic enhancements on the gun? If I have a Dragon Pistol +1, and my class features boosts my ammo to +2, does that give me +3 to hit and damage, or just +2?

As a corollary, does a Gunmage have the power to enchant his Bonded Pistol, similarly to a Mage Blade's power to enhance their athame? It doesn't specifically say in the class description that they can, but it seems like kind of a ripoff if they can't...

Dr Simon

Explorer
Shay, to answer your questions:

I would imagine that standard rules for magic ammo and missile weapons apply: The enhancement bonus from a ranged weapon does not stack with the enhancement bonus from ammunition. Only the higher of the two enhancement bonuses applies.

As for enchanting the weapon, I don't see why not. It's a little unclear in that the pistol is bonded, but it's the ammo that gets the enhancement bonus. However, the text says that this is a property of the bonded pistol, so I'd say that, yes, it counts. As long as it's masterwork, it can have enhancements added.

Walking Dad

First Post
In the years before, in the time of the Old Kings, a princess was cursed, transformed into a Nereid, because of her hubris. The curse should be only lifted once she learned her lesson and found true love. After a long journey through the wilderness of the deep sea, she found love in the most unlikely creature, one of the Skragos, the shark-like scourge of the sea.
So the curse was lifted, but the princess was not transformed back into a human, but the form of her love, a Skragos. Serving as an ambassador between her new and old people, they made a peace pact and a promise to send a champion to each other, whenever the shared bloodline is in danger...

So, technically I count some class abilities as 'racial', but ruleswise, my character is a simple half-orc/troll shark totem warrior. Maybe Dr S. will allow for a swim speed for him...

Str 16 (6)
Dex 14 (6)
Con 14 (6)
Int 10 (4)
Wis 12 (4)
Cha 8 (2)

1 Improved Natural Armor
(2 Defensive Stance)
3 Power attack

Equipment:
large oyster shield 1,020 gp
Vest of Resistance 1,000 gp
MW Breastplate (Coral) 350 gp
2 MW Trident 630 gp
Potions...

Skills:
Spot, Listen, Survival, Swim

Class abilities:
Shark Skin (Nat armor +3 with feat)
Swim Speed
Water Breathing

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Once again, I answered my own question. I'm opting for a "ranger" style of Greenbond and will have Senses up the wazoo. I'm going to take Gather Information as well.

Remove ads