Tale of the Crystal Princess. An Arcana Evolved Game. OOC

Shayuri

First Post
Herobiz, I'm getting psyched about this now. It's kind of hilarious, yet I think it will work.

You have this adorable teeny little faerie, and an equally adorable little cat. And together, they're fast becoming one of the more effective and perhaps even feared mercenary teams out there. Well known for their 'stalk and pounce' combat style and ruthless capitalization on their unusual appearances (people expect the sprite to hang back casting spells, and the clawwy cat to jump in and fight).

If you have a problem, if no one else can help...and if you can find them...

Herobizkit

Adventurer
@Shayuri: Welcome to the side of "who we are". ;) For a faerie-tale game, we're perfect. Once I get AE, I'll have a better idea of what kinds of spells to take.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
You know what would be cool? Maybe not for THIS game, but I could see it in other settings... A warforged Gunmage. Combat android, and model the 'spells' as magitechnological gizmos wired into its body. Maybe even the 'bonded firearm' could be something that fits on its forearm.
Said Android would be Small sized, wearing a blue helmet, shorts, and boots. The bonded firearm is actually his arm which also has a retractable hand.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Hero-B, I have to say you're not missing much by having AU rather than AE. The main additions are the Dracha race (which you aren't playing), the Ritual Warrior class (which you aren't playing), levels 21-25 for all clases (which we *probably* won't reach before the sun goes cold), Evolved levels (which I'm not using) and combat rites (which again you won't need). There are a few racial templates for spells and one or two new spells (mainly re-jigged in the upper end as spell levels now go up to 11, I mean, 10) but I daresay you'll be able to play without it. Buy it if you like, I don't want you to feel like you need it to participate fully.

Walking Dad

First Post
In the years before, in the time of the Old Kings, a princess was cursed, transformed into a Nereid, because of her hubris. The curse should be only lifted once she learned her lesson and found true love. After a long journey through the wilderness of the deep sea, she found love in the most unlikely creature, one of the Skragos, the sharklike scourge of the sea...

Writing a bit of a own legend, will be culminating in rules-wise a half-orc shark totem warrior.

Shayuri

First Post
WD, sounds a bit fishy to me. ;)

Got a build of my gunslinging sprite just about done...but we still haven't resolved the question of equipment. Simon, any word on that?

Dr Simon

Explorer
Who, me?

I've revised my original estimate, you start with 4000gp worth of gear etc., unless anyone's taking the Wealthy talent.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Also, I 'procured' a copy of AE and, as promised, it's not much different that AU. Character should be up by end of the weekend.

I do have a question, though. What is a kitty cat going to do with 4k worth of gear... or better, what items am I going to be allowed to 'wear'?

And, where are the magic items?!

Remove ads