Forge of Fury PF system -OOC

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
MapTools is a good one as well - there's a little learning curve but you can easily do simple maps, and if you want to do harder stuff you can make them incredibly detailed.

Leaf and Scotley get good results from using Excel - you could check out a couple of their games and see what they do.

If you have the PDF of the module you can save the maps in it as images and use any image editing software (Paint, Photoshop, etc) to doctor it up.

IronWolf

blank
MapTools is a good one as well - there's a little learning curve but you can easily do simple maps, and if you want to do harder stuff you can make them incredibly detailed.

MapTool is awesome. Lots of things you can do with it, especially making new maps easy - once you get over the initial learning curve. The video tutorials are great though.

Mowgli said:
If you have the PDF of the module you can save the maps in it as images and use any image editing software (Paint, Photoshop, etc) to doctor it up.

This is what I do for a Play-by-Post I run. I tend to run from a PDF, so I can grab the map image. Then I use one layer for the map, one for fog of war and one for positions. All done in Paint.Net. Works quite well.

I used to find the maps one of the most frustrating bits of Play-by-Post, but the Paint.Net option has worked good for me.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I tend to run from a PDF, so I can grab the map image. Then I use one layer for the map, one for fog of war and one for positions. All done in Paint.Net. Works quite well.

This is what I do as well (I use Photoshop) and it works very well for me. I use MapTools to make tokens for my players and monsters for the positions layers.

IronWolf

blank
This is what I do as well (I use Photoshop) and it works very well for me. I use MapTools to make tokens for my players and monsters for the positions layers.

Good idea! I've been using colored dots to indicate positioning. I should step it up and start using tokens instead.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
@ Mowgli the orc you wish to shoot at has total cover and can't be attack (darn cowered) do you wish to use your attack on the other Orc? AC 17??

let me know here and i will finish the combat round.

HM

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
He'll attack whichever one he can see. If the one he's already hit has been scared into hiding that serves his purpose of covering Lusk so he'll try to drive the other into hiding as well.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
@ IW do you take the 5' step to get to the edge of the pit? It sounds like you do in the post but it wasn't listed in your actions block.

Good ideal with the light spell right now it is adding to the braziers and you have good light for 20' and dim light from 20'-40' so you can see to the other side of the pit just not all the way to where the orcs are.

As you all maybe able to tell I am trying to keep my OOC comments here so as not to clutter the thread (mainly so I don't need to search for the maps), please feel free to OOC where ever you wish but answers will probably be here. ;)

Auris is up and Lusk can try across if he wishes I don't think that will affect anyone elses turn.

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Sorry WD Auris cannot see any of the orcs from where he is standing so you won't beable to electric missile ;) any of them.

Light goes out 40' from Sabern's current location.

HM

Remove ads