Desert of Athas Dungeon Tiles

Dice4Hire

First Post
Courtesy of Amazon Japan, I just got my two sets of the new tile set, and I am quite impressed.

See the attached picture, but some highlights:[Note: this is both sets]

3D tiles, a building, a set of stairs, a cart/wagon and a little booth/stall.

WATER WATER WATER: Did I mention water tiles? A nice dark blue, with some shore pictures and some all-water tiles. Finally. I have been waiting for this for a long long time.

Boat!!! Yes, it is a pontoon boat about 1x4 (on a 2x4 tile), but it is the best(only) boat I have.

Beautiful desert tiles. Quite a few, with rocks, some palm trees (and palm trees on 2x2 tiles)

There are also nice elevated terrain on some of the desert tiles. 1x2, 2x2 and on the largest 8x8 tiles an extensive area of elevated terrain.

I noticed in Harrowing Halls that the level of detail was far higher than any earlier set, and that is the same here, in spades. Ultra-high resolution and really looks good.

As with Harrowing Halls, some of the 3D parts are a bit hard to put together, but no harder than Harrowing Halls.

Hope you all enjoy this.

Attachments

• Athas Tiles 1.jpg
    Athas Tiles 1.jpg
    565.4 KB · Views: 1,089
  • Athas Tiles 2.jpg
    Athas Tiles 2.jpg
    402.7 KB · Views: 757
Last edited:

kaomera

Explorer
Yeah, there really is. I'm glad of the water, but overall the set does not seem all that Athasy to me.
I was thinking that, myself, and then I realized: what better to put on the reverse of desert tiles than water? I mean, you're less likely to need both at the same time, right?

Dice4Hire

First Post
Well, not home now, so will post mroe later. Generally, most of the water pieces have desert on th other side, and many of the buildings and trees etc, have desert laso. Tehre are a few corridor pieces, and all the bridges and buildings are reversible, with the dull brown ont he sides I showed, and a brigher yellow on the other side. I'll give moe examples later. I should have photographed them before ... but did not.

Siberys

Adventurer
In the DDE adventure, the water is used as a placeholder for silt, and trees are usually indicated to be petrified.

Remove ads