D&D 4E 4E Hack: "Fiction First" Playtest

two_fishes

Explorer
what is your intent when the hex rolls to contain a monster? Especially when the first roll tells me "Dungeon"? The same question goes for tricks and traps too, I guess. A typical dungeon is going to contain all three of those things. Are the contents rolled from the second table intended to be special or stand out in some way from the run-of-the-mill monsters, tricks, and traps of a dungeon? How about if the first roll is not a dungeon, but a "Feature". How extensive is the "Monster" intended to be? A single encounter's worth, or a whole community of monsters?

LordGraz'zt

First Post
Great thread - finding the whole thing very interesting.

Can you extrapolate a little more on skills - how does it work in character creation?

Does the player describe their concept for their character and then from that you work out what the PC will be good at it and put names to it?

I am really enjoying your reports, so thanks and keep them up. Sounds like an excellent system, although maybe a little tough for my tastes, creating PCs takes a bit too long in 4E. Admittedly I haven't tried using your system.

Subscribed :)

Remove ads