[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Qik

First Post
The gnome looks up from his seat at the table, his hand still poised to overturn the first of the cards. " 'Adventurer' ? Phah! I'mnomoreofanadventurerthanabeingcanbe. Sorry,missy." He shifts his attention back to Audra and the cards, waiting to see how she responds to the inquiry.

OOC: Sorry, this little guy is actually more of an NPC at the moment - I've been kicking him around in my head for a while now, and when I saw Artur RPing in the tavern by himself, I thought it might be worth it to take him out for a test drive. I'd love to help fill out your group, but I only started my first adventure recently, so I still have a bit of time to go before I can draw up a second PC. Good luck finding the rest of your crew!

sunshadow21

Explorer
"The Broken Log sits at Baron's Cross, which is the start of the Silver Road on this end, and currently serves as Adolfo's base of operations. Tritower is a frontier town up the coast that serves as a portal to the wilder regions of the Northern Baronies, and a prime source of furs and pelts if we can gain access to it."

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Audra considers the cards a moment. She looks up to the Gnome's dancing peepers as if prepared to answer when another arrives. She tilts her red topped head a moment, a look much like the Gnome had earlier, as she studies the newcomer. She doesn't react much at the mention of the Savi Brothers. She instead turns back to the expectant Gnome.

"If I am to watch the cards, I would like to know the name of the good Gnome whose deft hands I have watched so skillfully ply their trade."

Not wishing to be rude she turns to the newcomer.

"If you can find a chair you are welcome to join us. I find myself with some...liberty...from my usual studies. Perhaps a change of routine would be in order."

She looks back to see what card the Gnome turns and what happens next.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric

<< In the back room >>

Continuing to be sociable, Ariel continues to make conversation while sipping her fruit juice and nibbling some food, "Baron's Cross is the road intersection, then? So what is the Broken Log, a town or a tavern?"

"Why is access to the Northern Baronies in question? Is the reason political or something else?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (18 without shield/flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 16 Current: 16
CMB: +2 CMD: 14 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +7 (+8 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity

Current Weapon in Hand: Cup & Fork

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 4/4 (Bless, Doom, Shield of Faith, Burning Hands) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

sunshadow21

Explorer
"The Broken Log is a small inn, even smaller than it used to be since the Silver Road has fallen into decline. The Silver Road used to carry on a brisk trade with the mines in the Northern Baronies, but when the mines dried up, so did the trade. We believe that we can once more make silver flow up and down the Silver Road, as the region up there is rich with natural resources of all kinds, if we can just find the right business partners. That has been Adolfo's task recently, and this trip suggests he may have found what we were looking for."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric

<< In the back room >>

Unconsciously fingering her coin purse, Ariel eyes Mr. Savi narrowly, "Did you bring us here for investments? How much money are you seeking? What kind of return are you offering."

After Knesh's betrayal, she cannot help thinking that Savi is beginning to be like a used cart salesman. But if they are going to be involved, she might be able to watch over her money's use. Until the Mystic Pearl gets her masterwork platemail in stock, those 60 platinum coins are just eating a hole in her coin purse anyway.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (18 without shield/flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 16 Current: 16
CMB: +2 CMD: 14 Fort: +5 Reflex: +3 Will: +7 (+8 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity

Current Weapon in Hand: Cup & Fork

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 4/4 (Bless, Doom, Shield of Faith, Burning Hands) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

Qik

First Post
"If I am to watch the cards, I would like to know the name of the good Gnome whose deft hands I have watched so skillfully ply their trade."

"Unimportant," responds the gnome, with complete conviction and a lack of malice. "And....tradeisformerchents. Thecardsare...awayofseeing." With that, he overturns the first card.

The card itself is alight with both color and flame, both dancing in a free, but somehow harmonious, manner.

First Card

"Ahh!" exclaims the gnome excitedly. "Youareveryfortunate." Intermittently scrunching up his nose, his head turning this way and that, he elaborated. "Yourpast...hasbeensurroundedbytumult...butyouhavemanagedthroughthistumult. Youhavebroughtitintoorder...atleast,ithasbeenbroughtintoorder,notalwaysofyourowndoing. Veryfortunate - therearemanymorecapablethanyouwhowouldhavefailedtoachivethis."

The gnome poises to flip over a second card, but hesitates. "Youhaveaquestion?"

[sblock=Image Credit]Dave McKean[/sblock]

Last edited:

VVilhem

First Post
Disappointed that neither adventurers seemed interested, Megan nonetheless pulled up a chair to watch the spectacle. Aside from being entertained by this card game turned fortune telling, Megan will also be able to scope out any newcomers.

sunshadow21

Explorer
Mr. Savi chuckles quietly at Ariel's response, "My apologies for turning the discussion into a sales pitch, I guess I am so used to meeting with potential clients, it simply is a habit to respond in that manner given the questions you have been asking. If you do care to invest, you can speak with Adolfo on it on your trip, and I'm sure he will gladly discuss it with you, but I assure you that my intentions here today were not along that line, but were simply to find some qualified adventurers capable of holding their own both in conversation and blade. You have certainly proved yourself capable in the first, and I suspect that you are equally capable of the second." Turning to the masked man, "And what do you have to say about what you have heard so far, my mysterious guest?"

OOC: A passive Sense Motive check is sufficient to reveal that he is being upfront and open with you in answering your questions.

Last edited:

Remove ads