[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Walking Dad

First Post
"Well, I say never no to fresh frog legs." Vermag explains as he changes the table. "To be honest, I never expected so many other half-orcs in this tavern. Is this Red Hand Society an adventurer group? Does it work with non-members? Any way, I'm an agent of one of the richer houses in Venza. I do hiring for them special help for various tasks. In this case, it is a noble task, too. A young lass got missed. And it is not the first one, if I can trust my contacts, what I do. I want to hire some able men who want to rescue a fair girl, maybe get a favor from a House and even got paid for it. So, how does this sound?"

nothingpoetic

First Post
He turns to Chaucer and says "When you have the blood of orcs running through your veins and the power that it brings, you do not need weapons, let alone words, to slay those who challenge you. The only words needed on the battle field are "Die Scum!" as you charge into the glorious fight and the taunts you give to a fallen foe as you hold his skull in your hands as he begs for his life right before you end his pitiful life."

Chaucer throws his head back as he laughs loudly, and slaps the seat next to him as an indication for the half-orc to join him.

And now who is talking too much? I say, if we play are cards right, you could tell the enemy that story, and I will give them one of my own, and we will put them to sleep before the battle begins! I am Chaucer Tarsi friend, what is your name?

Chaucer laughs again, but stops abruptly, turning to Vermag, A young girl has gone missing you say? What happened? If she is not the first, I assume that she is part of this noble house of Venza no? The answer doesn't matter, a woman in danger shall have Chaucer Tarsi's aid indeed!

nfred

First Post
Chaucer throws his head back as he laughs
And now who is talking too much? I say, if we play are cards right, you could tell the enemy that story, and I will give them one of my own, and we will put them to sleep before the battle begins! I am Chaucer Tarsi friend, what is your name?
" The name given to me by the humans is Brenic. That is what you can call me if you wish." he says with deep hatred in his voice. "I have no intention on putting my foes to sleep. That would give me an unfair advantage. I want to kill them when they are at their best."

"Brother, what needs to be done and where do we start?"
he says to his potential employer.

Walking Dad

First Post
Vermag prepares a pencil and a sheet of paper. "My employer wants to be unknown. That is why they use me as middleman. I need your full names and possible references for the official contract."

nfred

First Post
Brenic takes the paper and with some effort remembers how to write his name and scribbles it down. "Brother, what do you mean by references?"

Last edited:

nothingpoetic

First Post
Vermag prepares a pencil and a sheet of paper. "My employer wants to be unknown. That is why they use me as middleman. I need your full names and possible references for the official contract."

Chaucer cocked his head to the side looking slightly puzzled, I wonder why someone pursuing such a noble deed would want to remain unknown. Wouldn't they want the glory gained from righting such a terrible wrong? Interesting behavior to say the least, but a lady in danger, I will do my part in righting this wrong.

He spoke with a deep conviction, and a passion unmistakable. He sighed after a moment and looked down at the paper Vermag had placed on the table, The only problem here is, I have no references. The only ones I had are dead, or probably have long forgotten of our interactions, my apologies.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"Aha! References! References, references..." Kanli ruminates.

"That is the word of other people. Master Chef Zitteaux is one such person. He can attest to the glory of the Red Hand Society. I and Elros are such members, braving the swamp for frogs and defeating much more!"

He turns to Chaucer and Brenic. "And, if you wish to have such references, you may join the Red Hand Society. We are a group dedicated to the molding, shaping, and creation of a greater world. Our exploits across Venza and E'n are becoming more legendary by the day! Come, accept the sign of the Red Hand and enjoy the greatness of our references!"

nothingpoetic

First Post
Chaucer passes the contract to a half-elf who was near. And you friend, what is your name? I am Chaucer Tarsi, as I am sure you have heard a few times.

He turns to Chaucer and Brenic. "And, if you wish to have such references, you may join the Red Hand Society. We are a group dedicated to the molding, shaping, and creation of a greater world. Our exploits across Venza and E'n are becoming more legendary by the day! Come, accept the sign of the Red Hand and enjoy the greatness of our references!"

Chaucer considers this for a moment before responding, It sounds like a wonderful dream Kanli, but I am seeking to make up for a life of evil and selfishness, and until I have purged my heart of my demons I carry from a past that stretches past your great grandfather, my mark is not one that should be left upon a greater, better world.

Last edited:

nfred

First Post
. "And, if you wish to have such references, you may join the Red Hand Society. We are a group dedicated to the molding, shaping, and creation of a greater world. Our exploits across Venza and E'n are becoming more legendary by the day! Come, accept the sign of the Red Hand and enjoy the greatness of our references!"

"I am sorry as well. For I will have to decline, for now at least. I do not know how long I will be in this area and do not wish to be tied to one place for very long. Thank you for the offer though." Brenic says.

He turns to his new employer and places his big hands on the table in front of him. "These are my references." he says making a fist, "anyone who doubts their creditability can test them for themselves. I assure you that your employer will not be disappointed." Brenic says with a grin as he pulls away part of his cloak revealing thick, strong arms that are heavily worn and bare many battle scars, like that of a well used sword.

Last edited:

Remove ads