[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"There are only two, the shadow-cat and the drunken dark wolf.Taniwah does not speak with words, only actions. However Maui and Taniwah can talk with each other."

Satin Knights

First Post
[section]"I amm... I amm... ... I amm wanderer of planes. Majik and dreams makes me."

"No, no you cannnot bee like mee. Mee must bee mee. Yu must bee yu."

"Ov courrse wee can talk. Eeeven plants 'n trees talk. Thay alwasys sayss 'poop heere, poop heere' or 'one ov my cousins will feest on yur corpse!' Allways greeedy or mad they arrre. I seeen firre talk once."

"We bee heerre because our pets can buy usss foood that wee not neeed to chassse."

The cat turns and looks at a man in a darkened corner who has been trying to mind his own business, "Pay Marla for morre meeat 'n millk."

Looking back at Devlin, "He gud at carryin things."

The man just sighs and sets another gold coin on the table.

"Now, if yu want master yu can carrry things forr, I can talk to one ov mmy cousins."

[/section]

Aura

Explorer
The bartender laughs at the cat-dog exchange boisterously. "Hah! Sneaky cat not talk much. But we know wut he think--food!" Still chuckling, he goes back to wiping the bar down.

resrick

First Post
"Ha ha ha, I see now. Of course of course. Everything would talk in its own way wouldn't it. Will have to work on a potion maybe to be able to understand them all a little more.

Devlin begins scribbling more notes and mathematical problems while mumbling things such as "if we add in the Hawthorn with a slight touch of opium that should create the perfect effect..."

He looks up from his notes and readdresses the cat with a big smile ​"Oh and as for the master I will have to politely decline for now. Maybe one day you can introduce me to your friends though. Would be wonderous for my studies!"

SloppyJoe

First Post
Asked for specific advice, Grog ponders a moment. He gives the younger man a good look and says, "I tell two tips. One," he holds up a finger with unkempt, cracked finger nail, "dunna be greedy git. Gud boss still gotta make coin; givin' too much is sign. And two," he holds up a second finger to join the first, "ask stuff. Lissen to what he say… how he say it. Den you know."

The human pours down the rest of his beer in a single swig " I appreciate the advice. This adventuring business is new to me. I almost feel like I am going rogue " he says with a laugh.

Drakes attention turns to the table with all the fuss. He can't help but to be amused over the talking animals and interesting patrons. He immediately suppresses the urge to ask the one responsible for the animals for some sort of permit. He shakes his head " old habits die hard I suppose "

Grabbing a chair, he moves to the crowded table and takes a seat " Do you mind if I join gentlemen ?! ". Before getting a answer he quickly addresses the tiefling waitress " miss, would you be so kind to bring these fellas a drink and... perhaps one for yourself and the bartender. It's own me. " and Drake flips to her a couple of gold coins.

Noticing Devlin taking notes, the former guard can't resist but to ask " a scholar I presume. Where did you study ? "

Last edited:

resrick

First Post
Devlin looks up at Drake from his studying of the curious kitty and gives a little laugh in answer to his question.

"A Scholar I am, but I have not come from any fancy university. I grew up in the city of Copperhead amongst the Dwarves. They were not that learned in the ways of magic and wizardry, but I did learn a lot about drinking and smithing. When I was about nine a traveling wizard came to settle himself in our humble town. I, being the curious little halfling I was, constantly watched him and learned all i could. Sadly though, i didn't have much of knack for the wizarding arts so he instructed me in the ways of alchemy and herbology. Ever curious after a few years of study I decided to finally step out from those dark halls and see the world for myself. I hope on the many adventures to come I will be able to learn more and more and find my lot in the world.

"My I have told you my life story,"
Devlin puts away his note book and signals for a mead from the bartender,"and what about you good sir? What can I learn from you this day and your many adventures?"

Bojingo

First Post
*A savage looking half orc enters the inn. The feathers and trinkets that adorn his exotic attire are covered with the dust of traveling off the beaten path for far too long. *

A rumble in his belly, but with coin in his pocket. Ungajinga approaches the bar and takes an empty seat. "Some fresh water and a hearty meal if it pleases you, friend" a growl from his stomach "Make that two helpings of a meal and a room for the night"

jbear

First Post
Maui who had also taken the time to grab the comfy chair by the fire and stretch out for a nap is woken by the sudden influx of lively patrons. One eye pops open and he spots Boots at the bar. His eye shuts tightly. Devil Woman is probably close by too. Best to stay asleep. And then the other eidolon starts scaring people and Maui's eye pops open again. He eyes own feline companion who neither drinks beer nor talks ... even with the magic of the magic stick Taniwha never says more than a word or two ... a whole conversation, forget it. Maui frowns and snaps his eye shut again. "Show offs" he grumbles loud enough to be heard and pretends to be still attempting to sleep.

Aura

Explorer
"Water?" the grizzled bartender asks seemingly surprised to hear such the request from the newcomer Ungajinga. A variety of drinks from local sources and across the seas line the shelf behind Grog as he confirms, "Sure you not want sum thin gud? I got all dis stuff. Water? OK…." He looks mildly upset? No. Disappointed? Perhaps. Despite how he feels, the orc-blooded barkeep still turns to a small barrel and draws out a mug for his new patron, setting it down. "I get ya food. Mutton good… rat better. Got few other meats too. You pick," he says.

As Grog waits for his new patron to speak he hears Maui's voice drift across the bar, "Show offs." The old veteran's eyes wander to back to the fantastic beasts arguing, and a toothy smile creeps across his face as he subtly nods in agreement. Funny show offs, but… show offs they are.

Bojingo

First Post
Ungajinga considers the barkeep for a moment. Hah! Hahaha! Water fer now, friend and a heaping portion of the mutton. Afterwerds, someting to drink wit a bite, so's I can know I survived the cooking, Rhaha!

With a toothy smile, Ungajinga drops his huge spiked hammer gently against the seat next to him and sets his backpack next to it. Both in eyeshot as he waits patiently for a hot meal before a warm bed

Remove ads