[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

kinem

Adventurer
Menik, having gone to use the DWI's public privy, which was not quite up to his desired standards, makes his way back to the bar and orders a mead, then heads back to Lem and the others.

"Hey. Heh, what? A talking gear? What strange magic. You may be right, Lem!"

ooc: I am back

G

Guest 11456

Hawk, Little Halfling with a Big Sword

A tiny woman enters the tavern, looks around then room and finally heads up to the bar. "Ale!"

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, human oracle

Weel giggles, and the burly man looks momentarily childlike as he does so.

"They think you're a puppet..." he says to something only he seems able to see in the air. There is a chitter of indecipherable language in the air, then the chair starts to tip again, though this time, at a frown from Weel, the chair stops in mid-fall, apparently righting itself. He smiles again.

"See? You make friends when you're nice." he says to the chair, then turns a wide smile to the adventurers who had been theorizing as to the nature of the gears in his armor.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo just stairs, his mug stopped half way between the bar and his open mouth.

"Uhhhhhhhhhh" he says not so intelligently.

Aura

Explorer
Grunger, Dwarven Warrior
Beer in hand, the dwarf strolls the bar, seeing what there is to be seen. Seeing Vincenzo at a loss for words, Grunger offers, "Wha? Ne'er seen a person talking to stuff before?" He laughs boisterously before continuing on.

kinem

Adventurer
"Um, yes, no doubt. Good to meet you. I am Menik. I have an interest in magic, and yours is of a kind I'm not familiar with, it seems" the elf says to Weel.

Scott DeWar

Grunger, Dwarven Warrior
Beer in hand, the dwarf strolls the bar, seeing what there is to be seen. Seeing Vincenzo at a loss for words, Grunger offers, "Wha? Ne'er seen a person talking to stuff before?" He laughs boisterously before continuing on.

"Uh, errr, ummm,uhhhh," once again Vincenzo underwhelms everyone with his intellegence, "er, nuh uh."

Aura

Explorer
Marla the Barmaid
Although she didn't rush to offer him a drink right away, the barmaid eventually slinks her way over to the newcomer in the oddly geared armor. Setting herself right in the center of his field of vision, she asks, "So… stranger… anything I can get for you tonight?" Her apprehension is tangible as she waits for a response.

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Song Smith
A woman enters the inn, looking curiously about her as she steps in. Narrow golden yellow eyes virtually glow from underneath her hooded cloak as she approaches the bar, her hands reaching up and pulling the hood back halfway there, revealing elven features that seem to run contrary to her height, a mere five and a quarter feet. Her long ears seemingly attempt to make up for her lack of height, and a prominent tuft of black hair adorns the inner surface of each one.

Arriving at the bar, the woman clears her dress and takes a seat, looking to the bartender with as if to address him, "Barkeep?" she asks, in a quiet voice with a faint, distant accent, "Could you bring me something? I've been out of doors for a while. And this," she gestures to indicate the inn in general, "is where one goes to find work, is it not?"

For his part, Grog nods and grunts as he delivers a drink to the odd woman, which seems to satisfy her question. Or, at least, she doesn't pursue it further. Having received her drink, and offes payment, her eyes scan the inn and it's myriad of patrons. Something about it makes her smile as she sips, finally slipping off her backpack and dropping it to the base of the barstool.

Scott DeWar

Grunger, Dwarven Warrior Beer in hand, the dwarf strolls the bar, seeing what there is to be seen. Seeing Vincenzo at a loss for words, Grunger offers, "Wha? Ne'er seen a person talking to stuff before?" He laughs boisterously before continuing on.

"Uh, errr, ummm,uhhhh," once again Vincenzo underwhelms everyone with his intelligence, "er, nuh uh."

After a moment of thought Vincenzo says, "I have, however, seen a fox speak, a toad like creature talk, A toad get called a king and that jungle cat get declared the king of cats." He points to the coil of fur and sinew in front of the fireplace at Maui's feet.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases