[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

FrancisJohn

Explorer
Francis John III, Halfling

The proud little halfling starts vociferously wagging his finger in the air. "Wait, wait, wait a minute! Even though our fine friend Grog here told me your name, there is always room for proper introductions! Charity and Robert it shall be." The bushy-haired halfling takes a moment to regain composure. "There now.... we have all met, and are now friends for life. That includes you Grog!"

Francis spends a half a minute approaching Charity and Robert, and holds his arm high in order to shake hands. He leaps onto the counter, and offers his hand to Grog as well. From atop the bar, he proudly proclaims "Here, here! Dinner is on me! Grog, on my tab please: your finest teacakes, brown butter bread, and some delicious acorn squash with some drizzled honey. Bring enough for the four of us!" He hops back down to his stool, and downs his mug of the good stuff. "Another pint for the pint-size too!"

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Throughout the halfling's overture, Charity's posture becomes less relaxed and more guarded, as she literally pulls away from the speaker. The redhead eyes Francis carefully as he extends his hand, and in a uncomfortable pause, waits until he retracts it once again. Upon completion of his words, she finally speaks. "Thank you for the offer, Francis. However, I shall respectfully decline," she explains, and offers no elaboration.

FrancisJohn

Explorer
~Francis John III, Halflling~

Too engrossed in his own frivolity, Francis doesn't notice Charity rebuke his pleasantries until she speaks at the end. He gives her the most awkward blank stare, and his bottom lip quivers a bit. Quite taken aback from the denial, he absolutely shrinks back into his seat. Timidly, Francis repeats his order for the drink, but cancels all of the rest. "I thought we could have made fabulous friends..."

FrancisJohn

Explorer
~Francis John III, Halflling~
180px-Borin_buckethissel_halfling_rogue_by_lizard_of_odd-d5safsr.jpg

The halfling's eyes light up at Robert's voice.
"Little?! I can direct you to at least a dozen of the fairest maidens in Venza alone who would happily dispute that claim!" He smiles back his new friend, and continues "But if Charity wants to pout, let her be. The rest of us three can still celebrate the simple joys of life. Grog, the party is back on!" Francis claps his hands together in new-found delight. "And Charity my dear, please feel free to join us in the merry-making!"

[sblock=OOC]How do I get the text next to the pic?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
Mug in hand, Charity leans against the bar again, looking out into the room. She makes no particular effort to join any particular merriment for the time being, nor to avoid it. Upon the halfling's reiteration of his offer, she merely smiles and nods politely, but offers no overt agreement.

The young guard's eyes scan the room, although it is unclear what she is looking for, if anything. She sips her beer gingerly--it's apparent it will last her a long time at this rate.

mfloyd3

Explorer
The door swings open, revealing another newcomer to the bar. He is a half-orc, though shorter and far less intimidating than the massive bartender. His features are bestial and his skin a deep green, but his scalp is clean-shaven and his beard carefully trimmed. He wears a well-traveled coat over a chain shirt, and is decked out in a mixture of lethal-looking weaponry and exotic glass alchemical gear. He steps over to the bar with the air of one who knows the establishment.

"Afternoon," he greets the bartender. "A mead, please." The bartender seems about to offer the good stuff, but sees his patron shake his head. He obligingly passes over the requested mead.

His customer nods his gratitude and pays, then takes a look about the bar, perhaps seeking a familiar face.

[sblock=Back to LPF]
Hi All -- Back to LPF, after a break of a little over a year. Missed you guys! Iago (Alchemist 6) and Larissa (Cleric 6/Fighter 1) are available for games again.

Iago has a new post in his home thread here explaining his absence and his return.
[/sblock]

Iago

Aura

Explorer
[sblock=Francis]If you click 'reply' to a post that uses the formatting you're curious about, you can see how they did it. In my case, what I'm doing is using: [align=left]URL of picture here[/align] and the text goes to the right by default. There is also a [section] command (with usual trailing command) that you can use to establish groups of objects.

On another note, and perhaps of more importance, the game The Road to Tritower is available to you if you wish to play. I say this because the next introductory game may be quite a while away--being the first one to create a new character after the DWI clears out of low levels can result in a long-ish wait. Let me know either way--we will need to move promptly on this if you are interested.

PS: Your last post's non-brown text was very hard to see for those of us using the legacy styles with a black background. This sometimes happens as a side effect when you cut and paste. You can fix that by either by specifically choosing the color 'automatic' or removing all formatting and color from text you don't want to have a specific color (it's the button one to the right of the upper left button in the editor.)[/sblock]

[sblock=mfloyd3]Welcome to LPF! (Or, more accurately, welcome back, although it feels odd for me to say it that way.) I added Iago to the DWI on the Adventures page for you.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads