[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Raynucio scowls, but nods tightly and takes a seat, removing the second of his masterwork combat scabbards and his wetstone. He spends a long moment examining the bladed edge and then sets to honing it with a vigor. Without looking up he says,

"Perhaps if you elaborated upon the nature of this dangerous assignment we could better judge what we might require? I have always found diplomacy to be less efficient than a length of sharp steel pressed to something vital."

[sblock=OOC]Clerics are few and far between in LPF, Oracles seem to be commoner and Kanli has a level I believe, Mandalo will get Lay on Hands once he levels, Chaucer is a bard but does not have cure light I believe. Raynucio has a wand of CLW with 5 charges - not that he can use it, though both Aradra and Mandalo could - and if we are really lacking in healing we can always try to pick up a wand or a few scrolls as a party.[/sblock]

Mahorfeus

First Post
Bozzago, Acrobat 1

It had been some time since Bozzago's last venture, which had concluded with both success and tragedy. The tengu had thought long and hard about his endeavours to redeem himself, deciding that he was ready lend his services once more. Armed with a new shortbow, he enters the inn, his clothes no longer caked with mud. Looking about the room, Bozzago seated himself at an empty corner table, tugging on his cloak's hood as he did so. With any luck, another unfortunate fellow would come in to ask for aid.

OOC: Whew, finally getting my laptop back from the repair shop, so I'll be on more often now. A few questions though;
1) How much XP is needed for level 2?
2) Any adventure proposals get posed for level 1-2? I might have missed some.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
OOC: We use the fast progression so 1300xp for 2nd level, 3000 for 3rd, etc. There is currently galahad's adventure, but there should be at least one - probably two I think - adventures in that range recruiting this weekend. I get the impression that galahad might not want another 1st level character since his game is designed to be 2nd level.

galahad0430

First Post
"Yes, well as to the nature of the business I will tell you that it will require some travel from here. My organization shall supply the means for that travel. But first let me introduce myself, I am Frederick Masarinni. I represent a coalition of scholars and collectors that cooperate in endeavors to uncover past mysteries and civilizations. We currently have an expedition in the jungles outside of Heth that seems to have run into a spot of trouble. That is where you come in. We need a group to go to the town of Sangre del Sol." He looks over at Raynucio and smiles, "You should fit right in. While there, we have some tasks that need attending to. I will await the morrow for more interested individuals and the I will go into more specifics."
He looks at everyone and says, "I will, of course, be here for quite awhile so I can answer some questions."

[sblock=ooc] I will have a more detailed intro after we get everyone set for the adventure.[/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Narrowing his eyes suspiciously Raynucio arches a brow and sneers, "Somehow I doubt it, but if the reward is sufficient you will have my blades and I will carve a path through anyone or anything that gets in my way."

galahad0430

First Post
"For the successful delivery of the needed supplies to the expedition site, We are offering a reward of 500 gold each. Also, there will be ample opportunity while there to make more. In addition, we will be giving you funds for the purchase of the needed supplies. This is a set amount and has already been deducted from our budget for the expedition. If you should..ahem,...acquire the goods at some sort of discount, as it were, then any remaining funds are yours to keep." He gives the group a slight smile before continuing, "If you have any compatriots who you think might also be interested, feel free to give them the same information. I would only ask that the destination of Sangre del Sol be kept confidential as we need to keep knowledge of that destination somewhat close to the vest as they say."

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
Quillian Barthony

The door opens and shuts to reveal a short halfling whose outfit and tattoos makes it clear that he has spent a good deal of his life on board ships and in the water that kept them afloat. If his appearance wasn't enough to link him to the sea, his order to the bartender sealed the link solidly as he dropped some coin on the counter before looking around the rest of the room. "A pint of rum, if you please. Don't try to say you don't have any; we went through that the last time I was here. Anything exciting going on at the moment? I've grown an itch to explore the world a bit beyond the Venza-Tritower shipping route, and I figured this would be the place to start."

[sblock=character info]Quillian is a halfling cleric. He is my second character, available to fill a slot in whatever adventure happens to need him.[/sblock]

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
OOC: No fair attacking the poor fellow's height just because he has to start at level 1 like everyone else before he can take his place beside the Stormlords as a master enforcer of their will.

nothingpoetic

First Post
Chaucer nods to Aradra as he goes to exam the man's note that was posted and then heads off to the back room. Shaking his head, he mutters to the barkeep, Sometimes, I wish I could just find a place to settle down and tell stories. Unfortunately, telling stories rarely pays. Ahh Pond scum, I guess I should go and see what this is all about. He drains the rest of his wine and heads to the back room.

He walks in as the others take a seat and the man begins the interviews.

After Raynucio finishes speaking the man gives him a slightly sardonic look and says, " Yes, quite." He motions to the others, "you may all have a seat. I would like to know something of each of your specialties. The venture I am proposing will need a proficient group."

He looks around and raises an eyebrow with a questioing look, "I would hope that a person of some diplomatic skill and maybe with some healing magics would be among you?"

As the others introduce themselves Chaucer nods, when his turn comes around, he introduces himself as well. I am Chaucer Tarsi, a Warrior Poet, with skill at dealing with people, and on occasion, at manipulating them to do what must be done. I dabble in the magical arts, and would be more than capable of serving as a healer unless of course, a wand with the ability to cure could not be found. I have journeyed much of this land, and continue to do so seeking grand stories, epics with heroes and heroines to tell my people in the afterlife. I have journeyed with Aradra, and I am more than willing to vouch for him, whether he does the same for me or not.

After introducing himself Chaucer sits quietly and listens to Frederick give some vague details about the mission, and at the name Sangre del Sol, Chaucer's ears perk up. I have heard that name before, but where? He wracks his brain while half listening to the rest of the information.

OOC: Sorry for a bit out of order, it is amazing how fast this can move in 24 hours, I think I have caught up without messing with the story too much... also, can I roll a knowledge check here to see what I know already about this location? And if so, [MENTION=6667972]galahad0430[/MENTION] are you the DM who would oversee that?

Last edited:

Remove ads