[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra, ranger 2

The ranger watches the oddly dressed Vermag disappear from the room before turning his attention to the even more oddly dressed halfling who walked in.
"I have spent a total of 5 minutes in this establishment, so I am not sure who you mean. Some of the other patrons, " pointing to the half elf and half orc in the corner, "have been here longer, and might know."

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
Elros gets up to talk to the two adventurers "Well, after the first mission members of the Red Hand Society went on, the cook asked us to go get frogs for us, and when we returned he gave us a feast of the best Frog's Leg's we've ever tasted, Isn't that right Kanli!" Elros asks of the Half Orc

OOC to InVinoVeritas You were on Frog Hunt right? I think that's how it happened, I'm too lazy to look it up :lol:

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra Ranger 2

"That reminds me, what is this Red Hand Society that you speak of? I heard Kanli mention it before we slew that cleric, and I did not have a chance to ask. What is it?" the ranger asks, turning from Elros to Kanli.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
The door swings open to reveal the massive armored bulk of the pale skinned giant Raynucio Vega. He moves towards the bar wearing a faint sneer as if he smells something unpleasant.

"White wine, the least awful you have." He says tersely to the barmaid before dismissing her and turning to survey the room disapprovingly.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
"Elros! Good to see you, old friend!" He grabs the half-elf in a great big hug. "Let us sit and talk. Vermag, Aradra, please, come join us at the table of the Red Hand Society!" He indicates that large red handprint on the tabletop in front of him.

"Indeed, Elros, we had the most divine Frogs Legs with Golden Mushroom ever! I was just underground with my good friend Aradra, and we found a whole extra nest of frogs! They were too busy desperately trying to seduce the Granite Hierophant, when they were supposed to be supporting the Blood Goddess! Of course, we couldn't let such heresies stand, and Aradra and I, with the help of a few others, slaughtered them and their insect leader. Can you imagine that? Frogs, led by frog food? Stupid frogs. The insects were trying to slaughter a number of women I have claimed as my daughters. He convinced the Blood Goddess that he was on her side, but do you know how much blood is in an insect? Almost none, and it's the wrong color. Anyway, with the assistance of the Granite Hierophant, we utterly destroyed them all--don't worry, their legs were puny, they would have made bad Frogs Legs--and even the Blood Goddess was quite thankful. She too has seen the glory of the Red Hand!"

He turns to Aradra. "As you were curious, the Red Hand Society is a group of strong-willed people who are dedicated to the creation of a better world. Some strike with power, others from the shadows, and all in the name of the greater greatness. I was quite impressed with your skill with the bow. I would be honored to welcome you into the Society, if you wish!"

jackslate45

First Post
Wasn't Elros with us the whole time down there?! Aradra thought, but smiled and said"I will have to decline Kanli, but thank you for the invitation. I... do not wish to join with any organization at this time. If you ever need my services please do not hesitate to find me." With a nod to both the halfling and the pair of adventures, Aradra returns to his lonely bar stool, and to his drink.

He then notices the stiff upper lipped gentlemen watching. Choosing to ignore him, Aradra finishes off his drink, and asks the red haired bar tender for another one.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
After taking in the room Raynucio takes a sip of his wine and scowls before speaking in a crisp haughty voice, "I am Raynucio Vega, if any have need of a warrior I am that and I am very good at it. I seek employment, and high risk high reward suits me well."

So saying he stands and moves to an empty table kicking out a chair and taking a seat - which groans under the weight of his armored bulk. One seated he produces a wetstone and sets about honing the edges of an exquisite bladed scabbard with long practiced strokes.

OOC: Looking for an adventure that moves at a good pace and is ideally on the tougher end of the spectrum.

nothingpoetic

First Post
Again the doors to the Dunn Wright swing open, but this time to admit a man moving slowly, favoring a leg that has no actual wound to it. As the doors close and his eyes adjust, Chaucer walks to the table with the red hand emblazoned upon its surface and greets Elros and Kanli, and then moves to the bar and grabs a stool next to Aradra. Healing from a wound like that never leaves me feeling completely whole. A good nights rest is what I need before I am back to normal speed again. I wanted to thank you Aradra, for your help down there. I sometimes lose my head and put myself in positions I shouldn't. If there is a next time, will you kindly remind me of that? Chaucer says with a smirk.

Wine, please, malady Chaucer says with a tip of his finger to the waitress. Rubbing his leg, he mutters to no one in particular, I feel like the great horned Fronkle of Ossimar just took a chunk out of my leg, or at least, thats how I should feel.

jackslate45

First Post
With a small laugh Aradra turns to Chaurcer and says "And be sure to beware of biting, poisonous animals. Your lucky your still able to walk."

galahad0430

First Post
The doors to the Inn open and a small, dapper man steps in. Pausing to let his eyes adjust, he then strides quickly to the bar. He bends his head in whispered converstaion with the bartender for a moment, then nods his head in satisfaction. pocketing the key the bartender gives him, he then pulls out a note and quickly jots down some info, walks over to the board and pins it up. Looking around at the rather crowded common room again, he again nods to himself and heads back to the private rooms.

"Some of y'all that are looking for some coin might wanna take a look at that there fella's note." announces the bartender to the general crowd.

[sblock=note] Looking for discrete, experienced individuals who have the means and ability to handle themselves in dangerous environs. Substantial reward is being offered.
Frederick Masarinni

P.S. I am conducting interviews in room 3. [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc] This is recruiting for Bloodcove Disguise. 6 players of 2-3 level. Moderately fast paced posting and the adventure is longish at 11 seperate encounters.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads