The Key to Victory

jackslate45

First Post
While walking into Tirol, Ern tried her best to appear as friendly as possible. She acknowledged those who wave to them with a small return wave and a smile. When they walk away in fear, she gives a small bow with a look of apology.

She did notice however Jareth's on going irritation throughout the day. Ern thought that it was odd. Why IS Aver taking so long? It should not take this long to find a guy, and bring him here.

She looked up at Jareth's question, hoping that Tira had an answer.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I'm sorry Jareth," the young half-elf says looking out a window worriedly. "Mother and I moved from Tirol to a small cottage near the northern river border. Out of sight out of mind."

She thinks for a moment and says still watching out the window. "We could travel by night and go looking for Elder Dorimir and Aver. But could miss them if they are headed here by another way."

jackslate45

First Post
"Should we split up then? Someone goes out and finds the elder, and the rest of us stay here?" Ern asks of Tira "While I do not like the idea, it seems a certain way to find this guy. We need to make haste at any rate. With nightfall, we won't be able to see as well as the elves."

She looks towards the others and waits for their input.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"Splitting up might be bad, but either way, we have to do something. Waiting on Aver and depending on him was a total waste of time and a huge mistake in my opinion." Mal checks and makes sure that the crown is still safe in his possession, before looking at the others.

"Tira, Jareth, this is your place, so you decide. I'm just a soldier right now, but will agree to what Jareth decides. Unless it means dying of course..." he adds with a wink.

ghostcat

First Post
Walking to Tirol Trinham does his best to appear inconspicuous, moves as quietly as he can and ignores anyone as if he has not seen them.

Although Trinham thinks sending Aver is a bad idea he doesn't object. He just waits, expecting the guards to burst in any minute. So he is sort of relieved when nothing happens and eventually concludes that Aver has simply done a runner. Just then a thought occurs toi him and he blurts it out before fully thinking it through "Eh You don't think that Aver could of sort of killed the elder so that we get the blaim." he says, turns a bright red and continues "Eh. Forget I said that." He sounds really embarrassed. Trinham then keeps his mouth shut for the remainder of the conversation but nods when Mal suggest leaving the decision to Jareth.

[sblock=OOC]Rule 1. Don't give the DM ideas.[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth mutters a curse under his breath at Tira's answer. "Splitting up doesn't sound like a good idea to me. Going all-in to find this elder, on the other hand... I really doubt we'd miss them coming here. If they were going to get here, I think it would have already happened. And Trinham, I doubt that. Aver is a coward and a thief, not a murderer. Though I think some of us were close to becoming one because of him," the young man grits out at the end.

"If you all want to leave the decision in my hands, then I say we all head to this Elder Dorimir. We've sat around long enough."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I'll take us to Elder Dorimir," Tira says turning from the window. "We should be ok to..."

SHAK-SHAK-BOOM

A bolt of lightning races from the ground to the sky outside the old palace. Then a firm voice echoes throughout the walls of the palace.

"Humans, we have you trapped, come out peacefully or we will destroy the building around you."

Tira gets a frightened look on her face and waits to see what the others will do.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth is startled by the bolt of lightning outside, then sighs and shrugs. "Well, we have their attention now."

He looks around at the others, pensive for a few seconds. "You wanted me to decide before, so here's my new decision. We do as they say. Mal, you should take off those gauntlets, if you can. We want to appear non-threatening, or at least without weapons in hand. I suppose I'll start talking with them, unless any of you are rather skilled with words."

He starts for the old door, waiting for a response and preferably everyone to obviously have their hands away from weapons. If there's a crack in the door, he tries to peek through it to see just how many guards are out there.

jackslate45

First Post
It figures it comes to this. Us being arrested. At least they want us alive for some reason. Ern shakes her head and starts gathering her equipment. She tries to keep a small wisper, hoping not to be overheard from outside.
"I agree, we should listen. However, I also feel the fact we have the crown should be revealed soon. I hate doing so, but it could be used to keep us out of jail. That, or the knowledge of Vester's Lair. Those are two key pieces of information that could keep us alive. I vote for Vester's Lair personally. The crown seems too important to reveal right now."

"As for skillfulness in words, I have enough knowledge of nobles and lying to assist a little, but probably not enough to calm them down."

Once she got everything ready, her crossbow tied to her backpack, she also gathers by the exit.

OCC: +4 Diplomacy, no ranks. Also changing speaking color, as it was getting to hard of the eyes.

Remove ads