The Key to Victory

ghostcat

First Post
"So did Aver betray us or the elder?" Trinham speculates aloud. "Not that it really matters."

Trinham ponders what to do about Moggins. In the end he decides to keep Moggins with him. There were just too many things that could go wrong if he left him in the palace.

Trinham dons his backpack, puts Moggins on to his usual perch and waits until the others are ready.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
"I can take them off, as I have other ways to defend myself, if it comes to that. As for the crown, I will keep it on me, unless you want it Jareth. Having it in the hands of an outside might bode worse for us, so if Tira wants to hold it, it might be better. But, I will keep it if that is what you all wish..."

Mal then begins to take off his dragon gauntlets, preparing to head outside.

Dragonwriter

First Post
"Or we just got followed here, Trinham. It's not like we were inconspicuous on our walk through the city or particularly secretive about our destination," Jareth observes with a wry smile. But if that coward did betray us to save his own skin, my chain will be around his throat at the next opportunity.

Looking sidelong to Mal, Jareth says "Keep the crown on you, but don't reveal it just yet, if it can be avoided. We may need it as a bargaining chip. And perhaps even sooner rather than later.

"Oh, and Ernestine, I think we should avoid lying to them. Keeping things a little hidden or close to the vest is one thing, but outright lying really won't help our cause."

Looking around and seeing everyone more-or-less disarmed at this point (or at least not holding and brandishing weapons), Jareth takes a deep breath and steels himself. He gives everyone a quick nod, then calls out loudly "Peace was our intention since our entrance into the forest. We came to talk, not to fight. Now I'm going to slowly open the door. You will see no weapons raised among the five of us in here. We wish for parley, not bloodshed." As he finishes, Jareth does as he said he would and begins slowly inching the door open. Even as his body tenses up, his mind stays calm, the product of training and recent experience. Come to think of it, he may well have been more jittery just before the battle back at Harkon Manner... A true wonder how far one can come in such a short time.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The group exits the old palace one at a time. All save for Moggins that is.

The cat watches from a window ledge as his master and the others approach a heavily armed elven party. In his head Trinham can feel the cats feelings due to their empathic link. A tiny bit scared topped with a bunch of determination. Moggins will be ready should he be needed.

The group sees almost twenty elven warriors all armed and armored as if they where expecting battle. And one elf dressed in long elegant robes and a mantle that puts a large star shape over his chest. The obvious elder actually has small lines about his eyes and thinning hair that while not gray has lost the luster of youth.

"Elder Dorimir I..."

"Silence girl!" the robed elf snaps as Tira starts to speak. "Bind them and put them with the other." he says before turning away.

Each of your hands are tied behind you with a lead from your hands leading to the waste of the next person in line. A gag is tied around your mouth and after everyone is bound a Warden brings Aver up to add him to the line. The elf is bound like the rest of you and tries to give you an "I'm sorry." look before being turned around to face the front.

Everyone's weapons and equipment is fitted into a single bag carried by one of the guards. Oddly the bag doesn't look heavy for all the weapons, packs, and items in it. Your gear wasn't searched so the crown was not found among Malaroc's things.

Once everyone is ready the Warden's march the group off towards the largest building in the city. A palace of towers rises before you hundreds of feet in the air as you are herded deeper into Tirol.

Once inside the building you are taken up a long flight of steps. Halfway up your gags are removed so you can breath easier. And as you gasp for breath you have a moment to address those who guard you.

OCC: Sorry for all the delays I had wanted to set this all for a big post day on our three year anniversary but will just post as I can. Please post up your characters thoughts or if you want to try and address a question tp a giard go ahead. I will be updating again WED night with the rest of this "trip" and the surprise at the end.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth is not particularly surprised at this turn of events, though Aver actually being around and not having simply ran away is just a little surprising. He reluctantly surrenders his chain and doesn't resist as the guards bind his hands. He even doesn't resist when they gag him... the second time in certainly as many months one of the damnable things had covered his mouth. He is secretly quite pleased that the elves don't search Malaroc and therefore don't find the crown.

Damn fools, these elves. Still, being held in a form of prison is better than immediately becoming pincushions.

His manner while walking, even with his hands bound before him, is as stately as can be. Perhaps it is a portion of his youth surfacing, when he was instructed in the manners of a nobleman, or perhaps it is the gravity of the situation and his apparent (and newfound) position of leadership (that admittedly, he would prefer not to have). Regardless, Jareth remains well-composed and calm as the group is led through the city and into one of the towers.

When the gags are removed, much to Jareth's relief and comfort, he continues to merely follow the guards leading the party, head held high and green eyes perfectly calm.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Ci taesalia eis jhoji ei Bon'Dradi." One of the guards says using his chin to point at Jareth. "Sher ci'm olia cestal cyrn por ci tysti shia ei mojaer-tal?"

"Cer!" the leader says back over his shoulder to the guard.

[sblock=Elven]
-He certainly acts like a Knight Blade.

-But he's only human how did he come by a mercy-blade?

-Quiet! [/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal can only roll his eyes at the turn of events. He watches the guards, and their weapons as they bind the group and lead them away. His fascination with their weaponry finds him a bit confused, as he should be worried about his life. But he is not.

Somehow, he knows that this is not the end, for if it were, they would have already been besieged. Instead, he merely comments, right before being gagged, "Hey Jareth, does this seem familiar?"

As the group is lead away, he inspects the route they take, along with any bystanders that seem to be more curious than they should, for future reference. Luckily, the walk is not a long one, and not off some deep ridge, so he takes a full breath when the gag is removed.

Seeing the dignity that Jareth seems to hold about him, Mal can only wonder what was going through his mind at a time like this. He keeps his mouth shut, as his temptation to cause havoc in this elven town rises...

ghostcat

First Post
Although Trinham fully intended to take Moggins with him. Moggins has always been his own cat and does what he likes. Still he is worried about him and keeps checking their shared link to make sure he is alright.

Trinham does exactly as he is told by the elves and does not resist when they bind and gag him. That does not mean he isn't surprised when Aver is brought out Now that is a surprise. he thinks to himself. However, when his gag is removed he keeps quite and lets Jareth do the talking.

jackslate45

First Post
Ern smiled a little bit at Jareth's comment, but said nothing as she is bound and gagged. On the journey to wherever they were going, she looked around, marveling at the architecture of the buildings. She also was quite surprised to see Aver joined in, and was somewhat relieved that he may not be a traitor.

Speaking of which, what exactly are our crimes? Last I thought, walking into a city is hardly a crime. Although we are enemies in their home, so I guess that could be it.

Once the gag is removed, she breaths in heavily, not used to such a strained march. After hearing the guards speak, she opens her mouth to ask a question. However, noticing that everyone else is silent, she closes it, thinking hard. Knowledge is power, and Information a weapon. If I can figure out anything that can help us, we might be able to argue our case better!

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The trip to the top of the tower is taxing (without hands to help even more so). Everyone is gasping for air and glad when the stairs stop and only a large double door stands before the group.

Without comment or ceremony the guards lead the group through the double doors to a large rounded chamber with a sunken area full of pillows and couches. Draped doorways line the circular wall and the place is lit by silver candle scones set up everywhere. Tapestries decorate the walls and fine furnishings are in abundance.

To tired to put up much of a fight the guards undo the groups bindings and leave them to stand in the room in wonder.

"Whose there?" a gruff male voice comes from behind one of the curtained doorways before a tall man walks out. His hair is unruly and long. The start of an uncombed beard only a few weeks in growing is on his face but it seems out of place. His bone structure suggests almost an elven heritage but his thick limbs and facial hair speak of...

"Jareth? Is that you?" the man asks.

"Tharivol," Jareth says unquestioningly knowing his former teacher anywhere.

Remove ads