The Key to Victory

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
The sizzling acid hits home, as the elf and chimera cry out. The spell hits Mal full force, as he feels drained of his power. Trying to shake it off, his vision clears as the elven traitor is brought down, only to see Jareth being mauled by the chimera. "Nooooo!" he cries out as Ern hears his plea and blinds the beast.

Taking his chance, and knowing that their time is short, he moves quickly to the chimera and stands beside Jareth. "Stay in the fight..." he says to Jareth, as his aura flickers to an energy shield about the party, hoping to make the chimera think twice on attacking anything again. (2 acid dmg to Chimera per melee attack it hits with)

He strikes out, yet his attacks are missing the usual strength he is accustomed to. His gauntlet still manages to hit the beast, yet not with enough force that he had hoped.

[sblock=Mal's Stats]AC 18
36/36 HP
Breath Weapon now recharged not sure if I can use it with negative level...
Draconic Aura = Energy Shield = 2 acid damage to all foes hitting allies with melee/natural non-reach weapons[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth staggers under the assault, but isn't done yet. The wounds were vicious, yes, but he can take them. Now that he has more reason than ever to live, he can take them. He isn't just out for revenge now. He has people to protect. People like his sister, the people of the Five Kingdoms... even Treylor citizens, now. There are specific people he wants dead, yes, but no longer is it a blinding rage against all.

As Mal steps up next to him and the Elder heals his wounds, he licks up some of the blood running down his face from the freshly-closed claw wound and spits it out. "I plan to..." he says, whirling his chain as it flashes white and sparks with lightning. "To end it!"

[sblock=OOC]
Quick Cast True Strike, Power Attack 6, Channel Shocking Grasp. Then 5-ft step back to M9, assuming the Chimera survives.

Jareth AC 19 HP 28/39
Quick Cast: used 1/1
0-level Spells: used 0/6
1-level Spells: used 1/7
2-level Spells: used 0/4
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The chimera backs away blinded and stumbles onto the balcony. It flexes it's wings as the goat and lion heads sniff the air and look to the sky. The black dragon head turns back towards the room and sprays a line of acid that strikes more towards the ceiling hurting no one. The beast is more than wounded as it has burns across most of it's body and blood pours from numerous wounds given it by the razor like links of the mojaer-tal.

Dorimir's remains are a charred mess after the second fireball. The Purist elder is well and truly dead.

[sblock=NOTES] Sorry FtF a 17 is a miss, chimera AC is 19. HAd you hit the thing would be at 1 HP how cruel would that have been.

DM has auto passed the trip attempt - it has a +12 so it could be tripped but really doesn't matter as it is out of the fight and magic missile bait.

Dorimir: -29/22
Chimera: 4/76; blinded next two rounds
Jareth -23 + 12 = -11[/sblock]

OCC: Ern to finish the round.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
[sblock=NOTES] Sorry FtF a 17 is a miss, chimera AC is 19. HAd you hit the thing would be at 1 HP how cruel would that have been.[/sblock]
[sblock=Blinded]Blinded - The character cannot see. He takes a -2 penalty to Armor Class, loses his Dexterity bonus to AC (if any), moves at half speed, and takes a -4 penalty on Search checks and on most Strength- and Dexterity-based skill checks.

So, AC would go down to 1716 due to dex bonus to AC being lost as well, which would be a hit [/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Ern, hoping this ends it, tries to summon more dogs to finish this.

Two appear, and growl at the unnatural beast trying to get away. The first one jumps and bites hard at the dragon head, while the other one fails to sink its teeth in.

[sblock=Actions]
SM2 to summon 1d3 (2) Celestial Dogs.
Dog 1: Run and Charge, Smiting Evil dealing 1d4 + 4 Damage
Dog 2: Run and Charge, Smiting Evil, Missing
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]HP: 17/17
AC: 13 FF: 10 T: 13
F: +3 R: +4 W: +2
Crossbow: +5 1d8 20
0: Detect Magic x2, Read Magic
1: Grease, Benign Transposition, SM 1 x2, Feather Fall
2: Glitterdust, Mage Armor(Extended), SM 2, SM 2
[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The celestial dogs maul the wounded beast till it lies in a heap unmoving. Ern could have sworn though that as she started to cast the spell she felt it pulled at by the red rod that the group found in the false treasure room. Almost as if the rod was asking for the spell to be casted through it.

The dogs disappear and Elder Tyion moves to the body of Elder Dorimir. His expression is very grim as he looks at the charred remains.

Horns and bells can be heard coming from the city below the tower, and Elder Tyion turns to the others. "You all must leave, HURRY!"

Quickly the Elder helps the group gather up what food is about and store it into the magical bag. As he works he explains. "If there are others like Dorimir we need to lead them into thinking you all are dead. You need to get the crown to the senate. Tell them of the Purist's plot to escalate the war. Quickly now."

After everything is gathered and the group is ready to go he looks to Trinham. "Young mage can you use your spell to bring down the ceiling? We need to give you time to return to Pesh. While they search the rubble you should be on your way back with the crown."

"Which means I am going too," the ambassador says firmly. "The crown should be carried by a Treylorian citizen and they will need my testimony. And they will need me to even get one step into the empire."

Elder Tyion nods and as Aver, Tharivol and Tira file out the room and down the stairs he adds. "It wouldn't do for them to be shot full of arrows before they can tell their story I agree."

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham would like to carry out the elders request. However his, admittedly limited, understanding of the spell leads him to believe that he can do fire damage but not structural damage. Answering the elder, Trinham says "I'll try your Lordship but the spell is not designed to destroy building. Just burn things."

Still not sure if it will work. Trinham until everyone is out of the room and near the bottom of the stairs. He casts his last Fireball, positioned so that it will catch as much of the soft furnishings and the ceiling in the ball as possible. As soon as he casts he runs down the stairs as fast as his legs will carry him. Arriving outside the building out of breath, he collapses on the ground gasping.

Once he recovers, he calls Moggins to him.

[sblock=OOC]I genuinely don't know whether or not Fireball can be used to collapse a building. So I'm playing it as that Trinham doesn't know either.[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
While everyone else was getting everything ready, Ern rushed over to the body of Elder Dorimir, and looks as quickly as possible for anything that can be salvaged. A spell book, letters, anything in the pockets that can be used.

If she finds anything, she pulls it out, puts it in the bag, and gets ready to leave. Otherwise, after swearing once, she gets ready to go.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth coils his chain back up as the beast is mauled to death. Besides Trinham, he's the last to exit, making sure everyone else gets out safely first. He waits anxiously for Trinham and is relieved when the sorcerer makes it out after setting the place ablaze. Then the red-haired young man turns to the ambassador. "We should not return to Pesh. At least, not to the army. There are people among them who would take advantage of this news and the crown. I say we make straight for the empire."

Remove ads