The Key to Victory

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
" What?! ‘jholi’selia’ that is High Elven. It means 'live truly'" the ambassador says bring up a hand to push the chain back to Jareth. "It is a saying the Bon'Dradi use to describe someone who is doing what he believes is right although others may think it a mistake or have doubt about the actions. They claim that although they are soldiers they are free to do what they believe is right. Even saving the live of an enemy."

"That was given to you by a man who followed
‘jholi’selia’ it is yours," he says with a slight bow before turning to answer Trinham.

"I have only meet a man named Lord Dellex Kilgrane once. He was high aid to the King of Pesh. Why do you..."
then he sees what Malaroc has drawn from his pack and handed to Jareth. "By all that is... how? How did you get that? How is it even here?"

jackslate45

First Post
"By Vester's Reavers of course" Ern said. She pulls Desnor's Holy Symbol from her bag and displayed it for all to see. " About a month ago, a small band of Reavers were told to smuggle something into the Ways. It was to get the Treylor to advance into the Five Kingdoms and start this war. However, due to a small coup that took place, the Reavers never left. They stayed for a month until the present group ran across them, and a fight broke out. The few survivors who were smart enough to surrender pointed us to where the crown might be, and Jareth, Aver, and Mal here found it not long after."

She sets it down on a nearby table, before starting to equip gear. While she equipped her spell casting equipment around her waist, she has enough sense to leave the crossbow in the bag, and not prepare it.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth bows and replaces the chain at his belt. "Then I shall endeavor to bear it with further honor, so that his actions were not in vain."

He steps back and finishes taking his gear back. Jareth shoots Mal a quick frown as the man makes a comment about titles. "Prince is not my title, and never has been. Tira is royal, not me. Half-sibling," he says quietly before Mal hands him the crown. He takes the relic solemnly before turning back to the elves.

"She speaks the truth, sir. I witnessed the fall of the band's leader and personally ended the life of their priest. All for this. And now, I return it to you," he says as he walks to the ambassador and holds out the crown.

"As for Dellex," Jareth continues, nearly spitting as he says the wizard's name, "We have reason to believe he will use every excuse he can to continue the war and gain or seize power for himself. Reasons from meeting with the man, if you can call him that, a number of times."

The young man pauses and runs a hand through his bright red hair. "But ambassador, you did not answer me concerning my older brother. Please, tell me, even if the news is what I fear."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"What-?" the ambassador says holding the crown as if it would shatter on touch. "I don't know anything about your brother I'm afraid. Your mother asked me that question also I think he may still be in the empire somewhere."

"You all know what this is then," he says holding up the crown. "We must return this to the empire with all speed. It is..."

"IT IS MINE!" comes a roar from the balcony as a huge three headed creature caring a rider bursts into the room. "And it will bring the Treylor here to destroy everything and I... I can finally return to more civilized lands." Elder Dorimir sits atop a great beast with the heads of a goat, a lion, and a black dragon.

"Kill them my Chimera! Kill them all!"

OCC: Told you the next fight the creature would have a breath weapon. Um... roll INIT please.

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Ernestine had not expected this. A traitor?!! OH wait thats right. I'm one as well.

"Should we kill him then?"

[sblock=Status]HP: 17/17
AC: 13 FF: 10 T: 13
F: +3 R: +4 W: +2
Crossbow: +5 1d8 20
0: Detect Magic x2, Read Magic
1: Grease, Benign Transposition, SM 1 x2, Feather Fall
2: Glitterdust, Mage Armor(Extended), SM 2 x2
[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
"Ambassador, Elder, run!" Jareth shouts as he turns to the enemy. "Traitor! You would sacrifice thousands of lives for your own comfort? You will join the dead today!"

[sblock=OOC]
Jareth AC 19, HP 39/39
Quick Cast: used 0/1
0-level Spells: used 0/6
1-level Spells: used 0/7
2-level Spells: used 0/4
[/sblock]

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal had just finished handing over the crown and donning his gauntlets when the creature burst into the room. Turning to Jareth, he simply nods. "Looks like we have visitors. Hope the elders there can help as well, as this involves us all!"

ghostcat

First Post
Trimham is somewhat relieved when Mal distracted the ambassador with the crown and has just decided to ignore the question when Jareth answers it anyway.

Just then he is distracted by the elder on the Chimera. Grilled Chimera is not as exotic as grilled dragon but a boy has to start somewhere. Having decided to cast Fireball, he starts to work out where he can position it without burning the drapes.

[sblock=Statblock]Defence: AC 15, HP 30/30

Attack:
Crossbow Masterwork Bolts +7 1d8 19-20/x2 80'
Masterwork Dagger +6 1d4+1 19-20/x2
Masterwork Dagger (Thrown)+7 1d4 19-20/x2 10'
Magic Longsword +5+? 1d8+1+? 19-20/x2

Saves: Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5

Crossbow Bolts (Masterwork): 10

Code:
[b]Active Spells:[/b]
[i]Spell			Rounds Remaining[/i]

[sblock="Spell List"]Sorcerer Level 0 Spells: Daze, Detect magic, Flare, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand.
Sorcerer Level 1 Spells: Color Spray, Grease, Magic Missile
Sorcerer level 2 Spells: Protection from Arrows
Sorcerer level 2 Spells: Fireball[/sblock][sblock="Spells Per Day"]0 Level: (_) (_) (_) (_) (_)
1 Level: (_) (_) (_) (_) (_) (_)
2 Level: (_) (_) (_) (_) (_)
3 Level: (X) (_) (_)[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Why?! Dorimir Why?" Elder Tyion asks shocked. "You have always been a voice on the side of integration. You always said we should grow ties with..."

"You fool! I never wanted those things. I knew it would never come about so I pretended, and when the Treylor came to take us back no one would ever know that I helped them."

Aver starts to move back away from the center of the sunken common area. Tharivol and Tira follow him since both are unarmed (Tira not having gotten her gear as of yet). The trio push back to the rooms with the ambassador in tow. (they will not be a part of this)

"You could have left. You could have returned to..." Elder Tyion starts to say.

"Fool! I need to offer the true rulers of the Treylor something on my return. The Purist are the true power behind the throne. I need to bring about the destruction of all of you who don't believe in what they do to secure my place among them. Elves not humans are meant to rule. And we shall!"

"A Purist like yourself will never rule over the Empire!"
the ambassador cries out defiantly.

"Oh but we will. You just will not be alive to see it," he says starting to chant in the language of magic.

[sblock=OOC] Top of Round 1: Sorry ghostcat but only you posted actions and they may change after you see the map. INIT order below. Doing the three day rule. Please post up actions for your character in the next three days (multiple if you don't think you will be able to keep up). I think after we get past the first couple rounds we will settle into this, and not need a dead line.

Recaps will be SUN and WED nites minimum. Hope this is ok for everyone.

INIT:
Malaroc
Dorimir
Trinham
Jareth
chimera
Ern
Tyion[/sblock]

Attachments

• K2V-round1.jpg
    K2V-round1.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 74

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Spotting the familiar gestures, Mal cries out, "You will have to get past us first..."

He quickly moves to the area in front of the traitor, watching his spell casting gestures and hoping to time his action just right. As the chant rises, he releases the subsiding pain in his gut, as a stream of acidic juices spews forth, hitting both the traitor and his pet. (DC 14 Reflex Save for 1/2 dmg, Fail equals full 7 dmg)

"Surround him!" he adds, hoping that the others can take this thing down before it is too late.
[sblock=actions]Assuming last post was legal, where we was already wearing dragon gauntlets, then he moves to M11, and uses the breath weapon straight north to hit both foes to disrupt the spell casting.
AC 18
HP = 36/36
Draconic Aura = Power (+1 bonus dmg to all melee attacks if within 30' of Mal)
Breath Wpn Recharge = 1 round[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads