The Key to Victory

jackslate45

First Post
Ernestine spoke up and said "Forgive me asking, but why does it matter if there half elves exist? There have surley been tales of elven women being courted by humans, and vice versa. And I am sure a half-elven man could produce more just as easily as a half elven women"

In her pause to draw breathe, she heard Tira speak. It did not register at first what she said. However, the words "our father" was all she needed to hear. In that instant, when Jareth had said "Murdered!?", she realized at last who he was. "Jareth Kyras? Lord Jareth Kyras?!"

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth winces as his title is spoken aloud. "Yes. But please, don't use that title. I don't want it... I never wanted it." He heaves a sigh. Which is quickly followed by his brow furrowing.

"Wait... You say my full name as if it means something to you. Does it?" He partially turns to face Ernestine as he asks his question. His eyebrow rises sharply as his eyes regard her plainly.

jackslate45

First Post
Ern looked affronted. "Of course not. I just finally reached the starting point of this race as it were. I had no idea who you were until today, I swear it. The last I heard of Lord Jareth Kyras was the news of your fathers return to Treylor. Haden and Desnor told us when we..." Ernestine shut her mouth at once, realizing her slip up. Oh crap.

OCC: I need HM to confirm it, but the last event Ern would have heard about the Kryas would have been about 2 months ago, timeline wise.

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham is about to chip in with a confirmation, when Jareth mentions the attack on Harkon manor. Instead he takes a deep breath and keeps quite. The others seem to be doing alright on their own and don't need any help from an untutored farm boy. Instead he simply listens to the revelations, most of which he already knew.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Elder Tyion heads to the door and speaks to a guard there and then returns. "Your items have not been tampered with they will be here shortly." he says calmly. "While we wait I'm afraid that the name of Kyras is most unwelcome here in Tirol. So I would not use it if I were you."

"His father did nothing wrong short of being human," Tharivol burst out.

"Exactly why it shouldn't be mentioned."

"Hugo did nothing wrong indeed except get drawn into the Purist's schemes." the ambassador says sadly.

While the group waits the ambassador eyes up Jareth and Tira. "Nothing is known about the mating habits of half-men. But the Purist would play on peoples fears and a half-elven female would be more inclined to produce true. It is all irrelative as she should not exist. And if they get their way she will not."

He sighs and looks forlorn as if bringing up long lost arguments from years ago. "I have been fighting my whole career to keep the Purist from getting their way. They believe that elves should not have anything to do with any of the other races, that they are beneath us and only good as slaves. They believe the Nandirly a threat to all they stand for and that they never should have been allowed to leave the empire."

"When it was discovered that there existed a half-elf in the world the fought for it's immediate death. And that the Nandirly should return to the empire so no other indiscretions could be... *ahem* well to stop the mingling of elves and humans. The emperor called for talks first"

"We needed to travel the lands of the humans to reach the Nandirly, so we took to negotiating passage. First with the Reygur. That was easy enough as they have a very easy price in gold to reach. Then when this went well we took to opening more talks, these with the High King himself in Siere. But the Purist didn't wish for trade or cultural exchanges only to reach the Nandirly and bring them home."

Looking amongst the group he sees some dour faces and says quickly. "Not all elves are like the Purist, and at the time the emperor was amendable to opening talks. Then after years of talks it finally happened. Word reached the empire of an elven princess seduced by a human lord and a half-man was born." He looks to Tira and Jareth sadly. "But that isn't the truth, Purist care little for truth and more for getting what they want. Lord Kyras did not seduce the elven princess it was in fact the other way around."

They ambassador is interrupted by the guards coming in bearing the magical bag with all the groups equipment. Elder Tyion takes and presents the bag to Aver who sets it down in the middle of everyone and starts passing out items.

OCC: Everyone has all their equipment back.

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
Jareth gives a wry half-smile at it is said his family name isn't well-liked here. "I expected as much. And I can't say I'm particularly proud of my family name, either."

He listens quietly as the ambassador speaks... Huh... At least as divided as my own people. Then the ambassador's last words strike Jareth again. He stands, staring at the ambassador and blinking blankly before simply staggering to a seat. "No... it couldn't be," he whispers, practically choking on the words.

All this time? I... blamed him. For... for nothing? No! No, it can't be true! But... it must be. Why would this man lie? Damn you! Damn you, father! I'm sorry damnit! He collapses forward, face buried in his hands, silent tears running down his cheeks.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"It's ok Jareth. It's ok." Tharivol says putting an arm around the young man's shoulder. He looks up to the ambassador and demands. "What do you know of what happened? Last I talked to Lord Kyras he told me he had uncovered something but wasn't sure. You said he was your friend, he must had told you something."

The ambassador looks to the man his experssion honest and sincere. "Yes he was my friend. A human, Ha." he smiles thinking back. "It was I that helped him piece together the events that led up to his seduction. I came to find out he was charmed by powerful magics and then made to bed with Tira's mother. Before I could present my findings Lord Kyras was murdered. Oh, they say it was because of what he had done. They told everyone it was an execution of state but it was really murder, in his own rooms without a trail. And without Lord Kyras to show the aura's I had found..."

"Your mother and sisters are safe," he says hoping to bring up the man's spirit. "I have them hidden away in my home. Far from the city or any Purist. They are safe, Jareth."

"But what about the invasion? The reason the Treylor are willing to cut their way through The Five Kingdoms?"
Aver asks. "You say they won't if the half-elf dies? But he isn't the only one you know. And what about the crown? Show him Malaroc."

Dragonwriter

First Post
Slowly, the young man’s hands come away from his newly-tear-stained face. The tears have stopped and anyone who can see his bright green (and now rather red) eyes can see the new and deadly resolve in them. He whispers, “I’m alright, my friend. I’m alright,” perhaps to reassure himself as much as Tharivol.

He slowly (and a little unsteadily) stands up again and faces the ambassador. “Forgive me, ambassador. I have wronged your people, thinking ill of them all for far too long. I hope you will do me the favor of helping determine who was responsible for my father’s murder and bringing them to justice.”

He takes a deep breath, steeling himself further. He steps over to Aver and takes his things. Father… I have wronged you as well. But I cannot ask your forgiveness. Not yet.

He slips his chain shirt back over his head as he asks, “I also thank you for watching over my family… But you do not mention my older brother. I admit I fear a little to ask, but I must… Is he safe as well?”

With his armor back in place, he coils his weapon into a loop and hooks it to his belt. Then he pauses and removes it again. He takes a few steps towards the ambassador, holding out the coiled chain. “This, also, belongs to your people. A Bon’Dradi of the Treylor, one of the expeditionary force, saved my life by sacrificing his own. His last words were ‘jholi’selia’. I took his chain, for mine had been taken from me. If you can, please, find his family and return his weapon. It belongs to them, not me.”

ghostcat

First Post
Trinham may come across as a country bumpkin but he is actually quite perceptive where people are concerned. As the ambassador related the sorry tale of Jareth's father, Trinham can see his friend becoming more and more upset. He is just about to go over and comfort him when Tharivol beat him to it. Instead he just gave Jareth a sympathetic smile.

While the others are getting their gear, Trinham timidly addresses the ambassador "Ambassador. I hope you don't mind me asking but in your negotiations with the humans did you ever come across a human called Dellex?"

Trinham waits until everyone has retrieved their gear before going over and donning his own.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Mal quickly gathers his belongings, wonering if he should don his dragon gauntlets. He also checks and is relieved when he feels thr crown still there, in his pack and guarded. Looking to Jareth, he nods, slightly, hoping that the message was received; that the crown is still with them.

"I guess a crown would be more appropriate for you, Prince?" he asks Jareth, a sly grin on his face. Waving off Jareth's anger, he adds, "Sorry, couldn't help it, and it will be the last. After all, it's not every day a noble is out with the likes of us, side by side and risking his life for people that don't seem to care a whit for aid."

The last line is directed at the elven duo who came to question them all.

"Jareth shows the real mettle of one that puts others before himself. Of one that is here to stop a war, and not to fuel the flames of ignorance. If only this were a feature of elven heritage. But obviously, it is his human heritage that offers this, for I see none from being here in such a short time."

Mal procures the crown, and hands it to Jareth. "Do with it as you wish. I have completed my own master's bidding, and have returned the crown to it's rightful place."

Last edited:

Remove ads