The Key to Victory

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The acid streams towards the wizard and his beast mount. The elven elder takes the brunt of the blast with a lottle falling tothe chimera. It roars in pain and the black dragon head takes in a deep breath.

Dorimir finishes his spell even as his clothes and hair steam and burn around him. {{Teri'lie Monshar }}

A balck ray of energy streaks towards Malaroc hitting him full in the chest. For a moment the dragon shaman sees double and his knees buckle as his life's energy is taken from him.

"You are... you are just like Haden then." Dorimir says wiping acid from his sleeve. "What dragon is your master then? Not that it matters but I'm sure Vester would be pleased with such information. We never should have entrusted this to humans, but the old dragon wanted his lands back. So it was easy to manipulate the creature into taking the blame for this war."

He looks to where Tharivol protects Tira unarmed, using his body to shield her. "It was the folly of the senate to agree to stopping the war with the death of the half-breed. So we needed a new plan to get their approval to invade. And they would do anything to get the crown back."

[sblock=OOC]
Malaroc gains two negative levels -2 to attack rolls, saves, skill & ability checks. Now it list what happens to spell casters but I can't find out if you would be considered a 2nd lvl dragon shaman for powers and such. Also your character sheet in the RG says you are lvl 3 (should say 4).

Dorimir AC17, HP 22/29
Chimera AC19, HP 73/76[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Assuming the fireball goes off next (will need dmg roll plz) that would mean Jareth is up.

[sblock=EDIT]

Dorimir AC17, HP 3/29
Chimera AC19, HP 64/76[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dragonwriter

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I'd like to see/know the results of the fireball before taking my actions. I'd prefer not to blow my Quick Cast for something I didn't need to do.

Specifically, I'd like to see how protected Elder Dorimir seems to be and how healthy he seems after getting doused in acid and blasted by a fireball. :)
[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Ern heard what the elder said, and was shocked by it. "What do you mean, 'We never should have entrusted this to humans ' What are you talking about?! "

OCC: Spellcraft on Enervation: DC 24(19 + 5 Penalty). As for my turn, I wanted to wait as well for the fireball

Last edited:

ghostcat

First Post
Then its too late and the chimera is in the room. Trinham is just about to abandon his spell when the elder casts a spel of his own and Trinham sees how dangerous the situation is. Deciding that having burnt drapes is better than having dead friends, Trinham recalculates the position for his Fireball and casts the spell. This time he gets the words and gestures exactly right and a very bright spark leaves his finger and streaks to a place behind the beast, where is busts into a globe of fire just outside the window.

Trinham believe that the Chimera will have breath weapons, which means no standing back and pelting it with spells. Drawing his sword, he prepares to move in close.

[sblock=actions]Standard Action: Cast Fireball. Positioned as diagram.
Move Action: Draw Longsword.[/sblock][sblock=Statblock]Defence: AC 15, HP 30/30

Attack:
Crossbow Masterwork Bolts +7 1d8 19-20/x2 80'
Masterwork Dagger +6 1d4+1 19-20/x2
Masterwork Dagger (Thrown)+7 1d4 19-20/x2 10'
Magic Longsword +5+? 1d8+1+? 19-20/x2
E
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5

Crossbow Bolts (Masterwork): 10

Code:
[b]Active Spells:[/b]
[i]Spell			Rounds Remaining[/i]

[sblock="Spell List"]Sorcerer Level 0 Spells: Daze, Detect magic, Flare, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand.
Sorcerer Level 1 Spells: Color Spray, Grease, Magic Missile
Sorcerer level 2 Spells: Protection from Arrows
[/sblock][sblock="Spells Per Day"]0 Level: (_) (_) (_) (_) (_)
1 Level: (_) (_) (_) (_) (_) (_)
2 Level: (_) (_) (_) (_) (_)
3 Level: (X) (_) (_)[/sblock][/sblock]

Attachments

• K2V-round1-fb.jpg
    K2V-round1-fb.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 71

Dragonwriter

First Post
As the fireball detonates, Jareth rushes forward. His chain leaps into his hands, becoming a whirling blur. He closes in on Dorimir. "You didn't have to betray your people. But now you must fall."

[sblock=OOC]
Move 2 NE, 1 E, 1 NE (draw weapon as I move) to end at M8 and attack Elder Dorimir.

Jareth AC 19 HP 39/39
Quick Cast: used 0/1
0-level Spells: used 0/6
1-level Spells: used 0/7
2-level Spells: used 0/4
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The wizard falls and the chimera roars in pain and outrage. It steps over the body of it's fallen master protectively and attacks the brave Bon'Dradi warrior.

The lion head bites down onto Jareth's shoulder as the goat head knocks the wind out of him. Pulling away and staggering back Jareth takes a claw across the face drawing even more of his life's blood.

"Get away from it!" Elder Tyion yells as he steps forward. "Someone distract it, hurry!"

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
As Jareth staggers back, Ern yells "SHIELD YOUR EYES!" She reaches into her pouch, throws something into the air, and chants in celestial "You cannot bare to witness such a sight. Suffer from your insolence, and be stricken blind!" She turns and runs behind the pillar as the bright flash goes off, hopefully blinding the monster.

OCC: Glitterdust DC 17 Will Save. Blind for 3 rounds on a fail. Position it such that allies are not hit. Then move to F13

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The spell engulfs the creature working on all three pairs of eyes. It roars again pawing at the air before it.

Elder Tyion moves up quickly beside Jareth and lays a hand on him. {{ Selvalean vaeri caer sor shasos eil kal iar bolysia. }} He intones a short prayer in elvish and some of Jareth's wounds start to heal.

[sblock=OOC]
Awww look finally a cleric in the group LOL. :p

Dorimir: -8/22
Chimera: 53/76; blinded next three rounds
Jareth -23 + 12 = -11[/sblock]

TOP of the Second

Attachments

• K2V-round2.jpg
    K2V-round2.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 68

ghostcat

First Post
Trinhams original plan was to weaken the Chimaera with fire then rush in and melee it. Having seen the damage it managed to do to Jareth in rapidly changes his mind and instead casts another fireball. A second bright spark flies from his finger, just misses the Chimaera and explodes in a ball of fire. The resultant flames lick over the beast while stopping just short of Jareth, who feels the heat but doesn't take any damage.

[sblock=actions]Standard Action: Cast Fireball. Positioned as diagram.
[/sblock][sblock=Statblock]Defence: AC 15, HP 30/30

Attack:
Crossbow Masterwork Bolts +7 1d8 19-20/x2 80'
Masterwork Dagger +6 1d4+1 19-20/x2
Masterwork Dagger (Thrown)+7 1d4 19-20/x2 10'
Magic Longsword +5+? 1d8+1+? 19-20/x2
E
Saves: Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +5

Crossbow Bolts (Masterwork): 10

Code:
[b]Active Spells:[/b]
[i]Spell            Rounds Remaining[/i]

[sblock="Spell List"]Sorcerer Level 0 Spells: Daze, Detect magic, Flare, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand.
Sorcerer Level 1 Spells: Color Spray, Grease, Magic Missile
Sorcerer level 2 Spells: Protection from Arrows
[/sblock][sblock="Spells Per Day"]0 Level: (_) (_) (_) (_) (_)
1 Level: (_) (_) (_) (_) (_) (_)
2 Level: (_) (_) (_) (_) (_)
3 Level: (X) (X) (_)[/sblock][/sblock]

Attachments

• K2V-round2-fb.jpg
    K2V-round2-fb.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 68

Remove ads