D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 Warlock Concept Build

Ookinaushi

First Post
Hi all,

I was thinking of making a (maybe over-thought of) very flavorful Warlock....

A pixie Warlock/Rogue build.

The pixie would give a lot of helpful bonuses for a sneaky warlock, and I want to get a EB with sneak attack.

I'm just not exactly sure how to make this work..... I heard about an "Extra Invocation Feat". But I'm not sure how that one works exactly.

Anywho. Darkness and Devil's sight would make for instant sneak attacks and stuff. The Pixie gives greater invisibility, and you can fly, so that would definitely help. There's also the Edlritch Glaive.

Again, I really don't entirely know what I'm talking about. That's why I'm here XD So I'm hoping a very knowledgeable person can take these pieces and help me make something really useful.

Thanks!

EDIT:

It really seems like a pixie Warlock/Rogue would be absolutely broken lol. Even with the 3 level adjustment. Greater invisibility, sneak attack, EB (up to 250 feet with a BS radius), and the invocations you can get..... WOW. Unless I'm missing a huge thing in this, this would be amazing.

Dandu

First Post
It really seems like a pixie Warlock/Rogue would be absolutely broken lol. Even with the 3 level adjustment. Greater invisibility, sneak attack, EB (up to 250 feet with a BS radius), and the invocations you can get..... WOW. Unless I'm missing a huge thing in this, this would be amazing.
+4 level adjustment, not +3.

Now, the Warlock Information Compilation describes the pixie thus:
Pixie (Monster Manual 1) by mjung
I personally like the pixie warlock. Sure, you pay 4 LA, but you more than make up with it with versatility and utter ridiculousness.

Pixie gives you:
- +8 dex and +6 cha (amongst other stat adjustments)
- Small size. Harder to hit and easier to hit others
- 60 foot (good) fly speed
- Dodge as a bonus feat
- +1 natural armor
- DR 10/cold iron, Spell resistance 15+levels and persistent (suppressible) greater invisibility.
- Some nice SLAs.

This race was made for warlocks. You can fly around, invisible and hurl little eldritch blasts at your enemies. Best thing is, you are virtually guaranteed damage and you are virtually untouchable.

- Because Eldritch Blast is a ranged touch attack, your target gets no armor or natural armor bonuses to their AC.
- Unless your target can see invis, they further get no dex or dodge bonus to AC and you get a +2 on your attacks against sighted targets.

So let's see...they don't get dodge, dex, armor or natural armor bonuses...they still get um...size...and um...deflection. With +8 to your dex, some BAB, +2 for being invis and +1 for being small, you can virtually guarantee a hit EVERY TIME.

So what about when they strike back? Oh well, first they have to find you (invisible). Then they have to reach you somehow (flying). Then they have to hit you (small size and high dex). Then they have to overcome either your spell resistance or your damage reduction. Not very likely they'll be hitting you much.

You can see where all this is going. Sure, a fighter could dish out more damage in one round. But your steady once per round 7d6 and nigh untouchability will certainly make you a force to be reckoned with. With the right feat selection and items, I truly believe this character would be just about invincible unless the DM specifically is trying to take you down. You can outlast just about anything in the game.
My opinion is that it's powerful, but not broken. Mainly because you can still get Magic Missile'd or Flesh to Stone'd to death. Melee's going to have a hard time dealing with you, though.

Last edited:

Ookinaushi

First Post
Yes. I was reading about a homebrew Pixie race when i said +3, my bad. I found the legit one after that :p (My link is current with the right LA)

So... I know a Pixie Warlock would be bomb, but would a Pixie Warlock/Rogue be good? I think the invisibility/sneak attack would own.

Ookinaushi

First Post
Well that was the point of me making this thread.... I wasn't sure if it would be a great idea or not.

But by the looks of this campaign, I don't think there will be many plants, constructs, or maybe even undead.

But yeah. That's why I proposed this. not entirely sure how well it would work. Would the inability to sneak attack some of them be an acceptable downfall to the Pixie Rogue/Warlock? I mean, he could still normally EB and have the bonuses from the Pixie. So in those battles he wouldn't be as entirely useful.

Or should I stick with just a Pixie Warlock? :/

Last edited:

Ookinaushi

First Post
What about a wand of gravestrike/golemstrike, the feat Supernatural Blow (I know it wouldn't totally fix the sneak attack stuff, but yeah) and a greater truedeath crystal? Could any of that work with it?

Awwwe.... I was hoping the warlock/rogue would have been good and do lots of damage :( lol.

Dandu

First Post
Supernatual Transformation doesn't apply to warlock SLAs, only racial abilities. Even if it did, you'd lose the ability to apply meta-SLA feats to your eldritch blast.

Wands would work, but to get decent Sneak Attack damage, you'll have to sacrifice levels in Warlock and vice versa.

You can't apply a weapon crystal to an SLA for obvious reasons.

Ookinaushi

First Post
Sadness. I'll have to research it a bit. It seems like constant sneak attacks would go pretty well.

Again, I don't know everything, so I could still be wrong. but it seems like the time it takes to increase Sneak Attack or EB damage would be offset by the dual gain of both of them.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases