A Merc's Life: Howl of the Carrion King [03]

Leif

Adventurer
Houwlou Groulenas, Olcán Ranger 4

Houwlou, wondering where the rest of the gnoll patrol is, will look behind his group of comrades and make sure that there is not a way that we can be encircled, or if there is, then to make sure that we are not presently being encircled. He thinks to himself, "Gnolls, how I hunger for the blood of hyena men."

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   Houwlou Groulenas, Olcán Ranger
   Level: Ranger 4
   HP: 34/44     AC: 17  AC(T): 11   AC(FF): 16
 Init: +01    ST(F):+05  ST(R):+04    ST(W):+05
  Per: 15 (+2 Undead or Desert) HERO Points: 03

BAB: 04       CMB: +7     CMD: 18

Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
Longsword (MW)          +9        1d8+3       19-20/x2     +1 TH Gnolls
Dagger +1 (T)           +8 (+6)   1d4+2       19-20/x2     +3 TH/Damage
Longsword (MW)          +7        1d8+3       19-20/x2        (Undead)
  & Dagger +1           +6        1d4+2       19-20/x2     
Longsword (MW)          +5        1d8+3       19-20/x2     
  & Longsword           +4        1d8+1       19-20/x2     
Javelin   (M)           +5 (+3)   1d6+3          20/x2     Range 30'

Selected Skills (not all are shown)
Acrobatics -5; Appraise +4; Bluff +5; Climb +2; Diplomacy +3; 
Intimidate +3; Knowledge (nature) +9; Handle Animal +10; Heal +10;  
Perception +15; Profession (Guide) +10; Ride +3; Sense Motive +7; 
Spellcraft +10; Stealth +2; Survival +10; Swim -9

Spells Prepared:
Resist Energy
[/sblock]

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
Tsadok

Tsaok also looks for a place to hide. So much for cleaning up the blood, though I guess they are thinking the peryton ran off at this point.

If there is a ledge above the door, Tsadok will perch himself there. If not, he will just blend into the shadows to the right of the dismantled door

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Man, Mikey - the ENWorld Dice Roller LOVES you! How'm I supposed to set up challenging encounters with you breaking 20 on every roll?! :p:lol:

There's a ledge running up each side of the room, elevated about 3' above the level of the main floor. Also note that those circles in the center are columns, not just pretty decorations on the floor . . .

The area behind the stairs (where I currently have Keeland and Aodhán), as well as the squares immediately behind and to the outsides of the columns provide partial cover from the doorway.

Light: The 10' along each side is dimly lit (Columns A, B, E & F), providing concealment against anyone without Darkvision. The strip along the center is lit from the doorway as though by a Sunrod (Brightly Lit to Row 4, Rows 1-3 are Dimly lit).

Why don't we have everyone give me map coordinates of your starting squares, along with an initiative roll. Toss in a stealth check if you're attempting such.

Scotley, did you intend your song to be a Performance? If so you'll need to sing loudly enough for the folks inside the Mill to hear you . . .[/sblock]

Attachments

• Ruined Mill.jpg
    Ruined Mill.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Keeland

The Elf continues to sing softly, but the tune almost certainly carries to those approaching. He stays down behind the stairs his bow out and an arrow in hand.

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   HP: 35/35     AC: 16   AC(T): 13   AC(FF): 13
 Init: +03    ST(F):+04   ST(R):+07    ST(W):+06
  Per: +11                       HERO Points: 03

BAB: 03       CMB: 04     CMD: 17

Weapon                    Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
Tempest (Keen Longbow +2) +8        1d8+2       19-20/x3     Rng: 110
Longsword                 +4        1d8+1       19-20/x2     

Spells:
    Cantrips                              First Level (4/4)
    * Detect Magic                        * Confusion, Lesser
    * Light                               * Cure Light Wounds
    * Mage Hand                           * Sleep
    * Mending                             * Summon Monster I
    * Prestidigitation                    
    * Resistance                          

Second Level (2/2)
    * Cat's Grace
    * Glitterdust
[/sblock]

OOC: Keeland is using his bardic music to inspire courage. +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls.

[sblock]A 1st level bard can use his performance to inspire courage in his allies (including himself), bolstering them against fear and improving their combat abilities. To be affected, an ally must be able to perceive the bard’s performance. An affected ally receives a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects and a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls. At 5th level, and every six bard levels thereafter, this bonus increases by +1, to a maximum of +4 at 17th level. Inspire courage is a mind-affecting ability. Inspire courage can use audible or visual components. The bard must choose which component to use when starting his performance.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
harnrey looks contemplative for the briefest of moments, he the is seen to draw a battle ax, something that is rarely seen.
ready action: attct nearest opponaat at the first sign of aggresion.

Last edited:

mleibrock

First Post
Tsadok

[sblock=OOC]EN world roller seems to give all the good rolls to Tsadok and nothing but crap to Lerissa. Oh well, it's good for role play right? (After rolling a 2 here), I guess it all evens out...in which case Lerissa is due for some pretty good rolls soon. :D[/sblock]

Mike, it's tough to determine from the map, He would still like to be over to doorway if there is any way that is possible. If not, is E8 a good hiding spot? Tsadok's idea is to keep the group from leaving once they are in here. If E8 is not good, where you have him is fine.

An idea runs through the young rogue's head as he barely hears Keelands song. I wonder if we could avoid a combat if they see nothing but Keeland and they think he is merely a vagrant. I suppose it's a long shot with this blood-thirsty group. The rogue waits quietly hidden in the shadows for what may lie ahead.

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   HP: 34/34     AC: 15   AC(T): 13   AC(FF): 12
 Init: +03    ST(F):+03   ST(R):+07    ST(W):+04
  Per:  08                       HERO Points: 03

BAB: 03       CMB:+07     CMD: 20

Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
Sap (MW)                +6        1d6+4          20/x2     Non-Lethal
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads