A Merc's Life: Howl of the Carrion King [03]

Scotley

Hero
Keeland

Standing and continuing to sing with his bow held ready, Keeland attempts to draw the Gnolls further into the barn to make his friend's work easier.

renau1g

First Post
The cleric focuses his magic on the weapon of one of the gnolls, hoping to blow it up.

[sblock=ooc]
Use Shatter on the right hand gnoll's battleaxe. I think it gets a save, Will 17 DC I think?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Code:
   HP: 45/45     AC: 20   AC(T): 12   AC(FF): 18
 Init: +02    ST(F):+06   ST(R):+03    ST(W):+09
  Per: +05                        HERO Points: 03

BAB: 03       CMB: 05     CMD: 17

Weapon                  Attack    Damage      Critical     Special
Dwarven WarAxe          +6        1d10+2         20/x3     +3 Damage (2H)
Javelin                 +5        1d6 +2         20/x2     

Domain Powers:
    Travel                                Trickery
    * Agile Feet (8x/Day)                 * Copy Cat (1 Rnd/Lvl, 8x/Day)

Spells:
    Orisons (4)                           First Level (5+1)
    * Create Water                       [s] * Bless[/s]
    * Detect Magic                        * Cause Fear
    * Light                               * Longstrider (Domain Spell)
    * Mending                             * Lonrach's Favor
                                          * Protection from Evil [s](x2)[/s]

Second Level (4+1)
    * Weapon of Awe
    * Bull'S Strength
    * [s]Shatter (x2)[/s]
    * Invisibility (Domain Spell)

Channel Energy 3/6
[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
if you can make a 5 foot step in a surprise round then Harnrey will move to B,7 and cast caltrops on C, 10 and D, 10

[sblock=caltrops spell]
Caltrops
School; Conjuration (Creation)
Level: Sorcerer/wizard 0
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Area: See text
Duration: 1 round/level
Saving Throw: None
Spell Resistance: No
Description
A caltrops spell covers one 5-foot-by-5- foot square with caltrops. Every time a creature moves into an area covered by caltrops or spends a round fighting while standing in such an area, it might step on one. The caltrops make one attack roll (+0 melee) against the creature. For this attack, the target’s shield and deflection bonuses do not count, nor does its armor bonus for armor worn. A target wearing shoes or other footwear gains a +2 armor bonus to Armor Class (which does count). If the caltrops succeed on the attack, the creature has stepped on one. A successful attack by a caltrop deals 1 point of damage. If the target is Small, Medium, or Large, its land speed is reduced by one-half because of the injury. This movement penalty lasts for 24 hours, until the creature is successfully treated with a DC 15 Heal check, or until it receives at least 1 point of magical healing. A charging or running creature must immediately stop if it steps on a caltrop. Any creature moving at half speed or slower can pick its way through a bed of caltrops with no trouble. The DM judges the effectiveness of caltrops against unusual opponents or opponents outside the size range given above. A giant centipede, for example, can scramble among the caltrops with no chance of hurting itself, and a fire giant wearing thick, massive boots might be immune to their attacks. For every two caster levels beyond 1st, you can affect an additional 5-foot by- 5-foot square, and the caltrops’ attack bonus increases by 1. Thus, you affect two squares at 3rd level (+1 melee), three at 5th level (+2 melee), four at 7th level (+3 melee), and a maximum of five at 9th level or higher (+4 melee maximum). Multiple caltrops spells (or mundane caltrops) occupying the same space have no additional effect.
[/sblock]

Duration is 6 rounds

[sblock=summoner's charm]

Summoner's Charm (Su): Whenever you cast a conjuration
(summoning) spell, increase the duration by a number of
rounds equal to 1/2 your wizard level (minimum 1).
[/sblock]

[sblock=Scott]Nice one! I'll allow the spell or the move but not both.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mowgli] woould he beable to cast the caltrops where he stands now and still hit the bowmens' bowdog's squares? if so, he will cast but not move.[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Houwlou Groulenas, Olcán Ranger4

For his action in the surprise round, Houwlou advanced to D8 and attacks the gnoll on the right side of the front rank with longsword and dagger.

[OOC: Pitiful, just pitiful! Looks like it's going to be a lonnnng fight, guys!]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=Mowgli]Would he be able to cast the caltrops where he stands now and still hit the bowdog's squares? if so, he will cast but not move.[/sblock]

[sblock=S Dewar]No line of effect to those squares. He can get the front line with it.[/sblock]

For his action in the surprise round, Houwlou advances to D8 and attacks the gnoll on the right side of the front rank with longsword and dagger.

[OOC: Pitiful, just pitiful! Looks like it's going to be a lonnnng fight, guys!]

[sblock=Leif]Only a move or a standard action in a surprise round . . . but as always I'll be happy to use your attack rolls for next round :p[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Houwlou Groulenas, Olcán Ranger4

Mowgli;5492727Only a move [i said:
or[/i] a standard action in a surprise round . . . but as always I'll be happy to use your attack rolls for next round :p
Houwlou just holds his position and readies his attack then. No move.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Obviously no strangers to combat, the canny Gnolls hold in the doorway. The two in the front line hold their shields up defensively, providing cover for the archers in the back. Harnry's caltrops appear on the floor beneath the covering foes, and the Gnoll on the right howls as the battle axe shatters in his hand.

Harnry's up! No changes to the map. Remember that the two Gnolls on the 'wings' are actually directly behind the two in the doorway.

[sblock=Combat Status]
Code:
[u]Combatant          AC/ T/FF   -HP         Condition[/u]
Harnry             14/12/12    00         None
Gnoll 01           15/10/15    00         None
Gnoll 02           15/10/15    00         None
Aodhán             20/12/18    00         None
Houwlou            17/11/16    00         None
Gnoll 03           17/12/17    00         Flat-Footed, Cover
Tsadok             17/15/13    00         None
Gnoll 04           17/12/17    00         Flat-Footed, Cover
Keeland            16/13/13    00         None
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I am having toruble telling if I am on a cat walk or under a catwalk. It only will deturmine what path of movement and which of two actions i will have Hn. do. Sorry, didn't notice this thing before.

Remove ads