A Merc's Life: Howl of the Carrion King [03]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The next day, Tsadok and Harnry's fortunes appear to be reversed . . . it is Harnry who hasn't deteriorated further, while Tsadok appears to have suffered from his inability to stay abed and rest.

[sblock=Harnry/Tsadok]No change to Harnry; Tsadok takes 4 pts CON damage, 1 point CON drain.

I currently have Tsadok at 2 points of DEX damage, and both Tsadok and Harnry at 4 points of CON damage, and 2 points of CON drain. Does this match with your totals?[/sblock]

Almah and Zastoran (the old Cleric of Nethys) call on the pair as they lie abed the next morning. Zastoran examines the two as Almah engages them in comforting small talk. Once his examination is complete, he confers quietly with the Lady for a moment; when their conversation is complete Almah turns to the party.

"Zastoran tells me that he has been unable to determine more than your own examination has told you. I apologize that I was unaware of the severity of your plight 'ere now. I have a scroll - a part of the caravan's stock - which may provide the assistance you require, but it is not cheap. I will sell it to you at cost, but cannot afford to take a loss on any of my goods at this time. The scroll has four copies of a spell for curing diseases of the body; this should be sufficient for your needs, and should also provide you some insurance for the future. The price is one thousand five hundred pieces of gold."

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Houwlou Groulenas, Olcán Ranger4

"that works out to be 300 gp apiece, does it not? I'll certainly contribute my share and I encourage the rest of you to do likewise, because it might be you that requires help the next time!"

OOC: This assumes, of course, that Houwlou has sufficient cash to contribute his share. :-S

Scotley

Hero
"I would be happy to offer up a share of our hard won treasure to help our wounded companions."

Keeland goes to examine the items they have found again. He casts a simple spell to check for items of power and assesses value as best he can.

OOC: Appraise skill is +6 and he has time to take 20.

mleibrock

First Post
Tsadok

Ooc- Mike, posting from my phone so I don't have access to Herolab to check your totals against mine but I'll let you know if they are not in line.

Tsadok walks around the town and spends some time at temple praying for guidance and health and does not forget to tithe while there. He also attempts to meet with the local clergy as he always enjoys speaking with them, he always feel more at peace and in harmony after time spent in prayer.

He enjoys his dinner with his friends and soon retires to bed.

Tsadok wakes the next morning to find himself feeling surprisingly worse off. He has a difficult time pulling himself from his bed but finally does so to make his way to breakfast. While in discussions with his friends he states he would like to return to the temple to spend some more time in prayer for healing but would like some company as if he runs into any trouble he is unsure he can take care of himself right now.

mleibrock

First Post
Tsadok

[sblock=Harnry/Tsadok]No change to Harnry; Tsadok takes 4 pts CON damage, 1 point CON drain.

I currently have Tsadok at 2 points of DEX damage, and both Tsadok and Harnry at 4 points of CON damage, and 2 points of CON drain. Does this match with your totals?[/sblock]
[sblock=Mike] Can you please explain the difference between con damage and con drain? I'm a bit confused. [/sblock]

IC - Seeing no one is particularly keen on going to temple. Tsadok finishes his breakfast and sets out for the same one he visited yesterday. When he arrives, he will be more proactive, searching out the priest and when found Tsadok will tell his tale of his faith and ask for any healing the holy man might give.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=Mike]Can you please explain the difference between con damage and con drain? I'm a bit confused.[/sblock]

[sblock=MikeL]Ability Damage doesn't actually change your ability score, it applies a penalty to the modifiers for that score (-1 to the modifier for every two points of damage). Tsadok took 3 points of DEX damage from his critical fumble; his DEX remained at 17, but his modifier was reduced to +2. Ability damage heals 1 pt per day of rest, so after he'd slept for a night his DEX damage was 2 (modifier still +2). After another day/night of rest, his DEX damage was reduced again to 1, and his modifier went back up to +3.

Ability Drain is much more serious. Each point of Drain actually reduces the ability score by one point. This reduction cannot be healed naturally - it takes magical healing at least as powerful as a Restoration spell (the 4th level version, not the second level spell Lesser Restoration).[/sblock]

IC - Seeing no one is particularly keen on going to temple. Tsadok finishes his breakfast and sets out for the same one he visited yesterday. When he arrives, he will be more proactive, searching out the priest and when found Tsadok will tell his tale of his faith and ask for any healing the holy man might give.

Tsadok successfully locates Father Zastoran in the monastery chapel. The old priest listens empathetically to the young half-orc; though he's a priest of Nethys rather than of Tsadok's patron Sarenrae, the rogue finds the Father's compassion comforting and feels lighter of spirit after his confession. Zastoran has no healing to offer beyond what Aodhán is capable of giving; the Abhác cleric has outstripped Zastoran in ability.

Remove ads