Will there be another DDM set in 2011?

With the release of Lords of Madness WoTC has once more rekindled my love of the miniatures. The paint jobs were very good and the variety much better than before.

So I ask- is there any word of a new set planned in 2011? and if so- hints/info/rumors?

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Yes, a 2011 set was mentioned during the Gencon session looking at future D&D product plans. There wasn't any detail mentioned at all -- not even a title or release month -- but at least one set is planned for 2011.

I really, really hope there will be another set in 2011. If I ever acheive complete telepathic control over the Hasbro / WoTC-suits and Peter Lee, this is that my dream set would look like (size- and rarity-distribution being the same as LoM):

HORDES OF THE ABYSS

COMMON 8

Berserker prelate of Demogorgon (Hide armour, greatclub, savage & exotic warrior)
Elf archer
Giant rat
Hive Warrior (Giant ant)
Human sniper (With crossbow)
Mane
Scion of Zuggtmoy (Zombie overgrown with fungi, from 4E Demonomicon)
Witherling

UNCOMMON 8

Ape temple guardian (With South American-style wooden sword)
Crawling claw swarm
Goblin acolyte of Maglubiyet
Hell Hound
Human gladiator (Dark Sun-inspired, unarmoured)
Human noble
Wendigo manhunter (Can easily double as a yeti)
Wererat sewer guard

LARGE UNCOMMON 5

Bonecrusher skeleton
Dweomer eater (Large rust monster)
Efreet Cinderlord
Fire giant lavamaster (Female fire giant)
Giant mummy

HUGE UNCOMMON 5

Dragonturtle
Giant slug
Nyfellar mammoth
Primordial colossus (With Aztec / South American trappings)
Winterclaw owlbear

RARE 14

Autumn Nymph
Duergar hellcaller
Eladrin fey knight (High-elf with armour, sword and shield)
Genasi fireblade
Githyanki assassin
Goliath Sunspeaker (Male)
Half-elf con artist
Human pirate captain
Rakshasa archer
Ravaasta conniver
Succubus
Vampire muse
Wailing Ghost (Banshee)
Wilden hunter

LARGE RARE 4

Banderhobb abductor
Frost giant ice shaper (Female)
Tomb spider
Two-headed troll

HUGE RARE 4

Catoblepas tragedian
Glabrezu gatewarder
Kuo-Toa leviathan
Zombie throng (a swarm of zombies)

VERY RARE 4

Szass Tam (Lich from the Forgotten Realms)
Iggwilv (Hag / Witch-queen from Greyhawk,also featured in 4E's Demonomicon)
Kas the betrayer (Vampire warrior from Greyhawk, also featured in 4E's Open Grave)
Fzoul Chembryl (Evil high-priest from The Forgotten Realms)

LARGE VERY RARE 4

Elder brain
Molydeus
Primordial Naga
Zuggtmoy

HUGE VERY RARE 4

Aspect of Demogorgon
Elder black dragon
Elder silver dragon
Jabberwock (This might be a little too unrealistic, but it would be really cool! Sculpt would be based on the classic image from Alice in Wonderland / Through the looking glass)

Last edited:

Keith Robinson

Explorer
I really, really hope there will be another set in 2011. If I ever acheive complete telepathic control over the Hasbro / WoTC-suits and Peter Lee, this is that my dream set would look like (size- and rarity-distribution being the same as LoM):

HORDES OF THE ABYSS

Ah, it was all looking good until I got to the huge uncommons ;) Then my brain just started screaming nooooooo!!!!

It just goes to show, one person's heaven is another person's hell.

Good luck on your dream set anyroads!

:)

Holy Bovine

First Post
Ah, it was all looking good until I got to the huge uncommons ;) Then my brain just started screaming nooooooo!!!!

It just goes to show, one person's heaven is another person's hell.

Good luck on your dream set anyroads!

:)

Heh. indeed as that was when i started to really like this mythical set.

tangent - are you by any chance a fan of the Temeraire series by Naomi Novak? I've never seen the term 'anyroads' anywhere else but there (used by that female Captain/Admiral whose name escapes me right now)

Huge uncommons are very tricky. When I put together the list, it was tricky to find proper huge uncommon minis. It would be easy to say "Huge water elemental", but there are no huge elementals in 4E, and I want this set to be "realistic" in the sense that it could maybe one day be released (as noted when I seize telepathic control over Peter Lee and the WoTC / Hasbro-suits).

Any suggestions for huge uncommons, or any other suggestions for that matter?

Jools

First Post
Some people here and on other boards have mentioned LoM doing very well. Are there any more data on this? This will surely be the key determinant.

Holy Bovine

First Post
Some people here and on other boards have mentioned LoM doing very well. Are there any more data on this? This will surely be the key determinant.

We never get actual sales numbers but my local games stores (all three of them! :) Yes it is good to live in a town with 3 dedicated game shops - 4 if I count the mostly-comics-but-has-games-in-the-back place) have been pretty darned pleased with sales of the new set. It does help we have a student population of 30000 that just returned for fall semester though.

On a side note - I've bought exactly 1 booster (cause I couldn't afford any more :( ) and got the Elder Blue Dragon!!! :cool:

Remove ads