Will there be another DDM set in 2011?

Jhaelen

First Post
All I really want is a hydra.
Yeah, that's the one very rare Huge I would've loved to get.

Got my case now and the distribution was exactly as I had expected:
16xC (each one twice)
18xU (each one once)
11xR (2xH, 2xL)
3xVR (1xH, 1xL)

My Very Rares:
- Bebilith :( (Well, at least it's not yet another dragon - I really got enough of these!)
- Yeenoghu (I would have preferred the Mind Flayer Noble, but this one's nice, too)
- Kalliroth, Githyanki Pirate :) (My favorite among the medium sized very rares!)

I'm a bit miffed, I didn't get either a Crownwing or a Swordwing. I was also hoping for a Fomorian or Spellweaver, but it was still an okay case.

Dausuul

Legend
Things I'd like to see in a 2011 set:

• A donkeyhorse. That should be its name, too.
  • An ooze or slime.
  • An erinyes or succubus (preferably erinyes).
  • A glabrezu.
  • An umber hulk.
  • A dryad in human form.
  • A giant ant.
  • A wooly mammoth or elephant (preferably mammoth).
  • A carrion crawler.
  • A shark.
  • A kraken.
  • A medium-size plant monster.
  • A medium-size giant beetle.
  • A pit fiend.

More in a bit...

Dausuul

Legend
And some more...

• A werewolf.
  • A dire ape.
  • A lich.
  • A mummy lord.
  • A ghoul.
  • The Dragon of Athas.
  • An illithid elder brain.
  • A manticore.
  • A swarm of bats.
  • A phantom steed.
  • A cat familiar.

Last edited:

Holy Bovine

First Post
Things I'd like to see in a 2011 set:

• A donkeyhorse. That should be its name, too.

More in a bit...

You monster!!! You're just giving those powergaming munchkins what they want to make every DMs life a living hell on earth! Everyone know a donkeyhorse is the most broken thing ever conceived of in all RPGdom!! Step back from the brink man!

Aluvial

Explorer

Herschel

Adventurer
I'd skip Popular Collections, my pre-oredered cases just arrived yesterday after a couple of e-mail flip-flops. (And both had Bebeliths for the VR Huge ;) )

It's a nice set. I'm still short both huge dragons, Dispater, Neogi Grand Old Master, Manshoon and the Rot Harbinger, but with a little over three cases overall I have a lot of great minis and at least one trade in the works. FTR I HATE huge sets and all the distributions of them so this set was no different but I live the minis. The last set was worse though even with the visible huges.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Only thing they have mentioned is a beholder collectors' set that is supposed to be out next month.

The Wrath of Asherdon (sic) board game will have minis....unpainted ones.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Well, I have many many figs now.

None of the following though:

Mephistophes: Sad panda face...

Nalfeshes: I can live without it but it's cool.

Masnshoon: M'eh.

Neogi Great Old One: M'eh.

Yeenghou: Sad panda face again!

Young Volcanic Dragon: it's cool...

Elder Copper Dragon: M'eh.

bebilith: Sad panda face once more!

Brain in a jar: m'eh.

I do have two of the ugly Mind Flayer Nobles though. I don't like that fig. Maybe I'll see if I can do some trading...

One thing is that a lot of the figs seem to have a really heavy paint job on 'em. Some good figs though this time around.

I particularly like the efferti, cloaker ambusher, heroslayer hyrda, and water archon. Could use some more of some of him. The trebuchet would make an ice background piece if I did a castle scene. Teh thri-keen is nice but those eyes have to be repainted or something. Human maruader is also a nice touch. Reminds me of the human wanderer from the first ste but more to scale.

Might have to check out that 'case' some have mentiond around here. See how that goes.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Well, I have many many figs now.

None of the following though:

Nalfeshes: I can live without it but it's cool.

Brain in a jar: m'eh.

Might have to check out that 'case' some have mentiond around here. See how that goes.
Hey, Joe, I have extras on Nalfeshes and the Brain. Only trouble I'll be tied up this week with the auction. BTW, I saw a number of DDM batches in the auction for Wednesday evening.

Remove ads