PoPP: Souls For Smuggler's Shiv [01]

Rhun

First Post
OOC: I meant following the coast to the cove...maybe I'm confused, but the cove is on the coast, yes? I mean, isn't that the definition of cove?

mleibrock

First Post
[sblock=OOC] According to the map, if we don't swim across the mouth of the cove, we are going to have to do some inland exploring.

Mike,

Can you give us more info on the mouth of the cove, how far across is it and I'm assuming it would not be shallow enough to not have to swim even at low tide?

[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
At it's widest, the cove is about a half mile across. You might have some swimming to do in the middle if you crossed right at the coast line at low tide, but you won't have to go far back to be able to walk across if you want to stick pretty much to the coast line.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The area where the stream widens as it enters the bay is brackish, so you reckon upstream would be fresh water.

So my understanding is that you'll move just far enough away from the coast to ford the stream without having to swim, and then continue following the coast around.

mleibrock

First Post
The area where the stream widens as it enters the bay is brackish, so you reckon upstream would be fresh water.

So my understanding is that you'll move just far enough away from the coast to ford the stream without having to swim, and then continue following the coast around.

OOC: Yep, I think that's the plan.

IronWolf

blank

OOC: Yep - sounds like the plan.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Moving inland slightly leads to an easily fordable place in the largish stream, and the group crosses quickly. Of course Gelik has to complain about the depth as the water - only up to the knees on most of the party - rises to his armpits and he's thoroughly soaked before the stream begins to shallow.

The rest of the morning passes uneventfully, and soon enough it's time for the mid-day break.

[sblock=Taron]Casting a 'Weather Eye' to the horizon, it appears the usual afternoon downpour will arrive on schedule mid-afternoon (3 to 4 hours).[/sblock]

[sblock='Quick Glance' OP Links]
Wiki Front Page
"Encounters" Key
Current Tasks (Link to Castaway Interactions is on this page)
[/sblock]

Remove ads