The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray V2

Rhun

First Post
Hey, everybody! It's been a while...

With so many familiar names hanging around on this thread, I thought I'd pop in and say hi. How's everybody doing these days?

And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; and Renau1g, HolyMan, and Malvoisen, all returned to EN World.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
and i beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; and renau1g, holyman, and malvoisen, all returned to en world.

roflmaogarb!!!!!

Rhun

First Post
Although I do have to wonder if it is only the release of D&D Next (BETA...is BETA the right term?) that have brought these fine gamers back into the fold.

Malvoisin

First Post
You're not wrong, Rhun. I, for one, have started frequenting ENWorld a bit more often to get some tidbits about the new system. I then checked in on the pbp forums for old times' sake...

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Can't give you the much deserved XP there Rhun.

Tre Tre Funnie :p

I didn't know anything about a 5th addition?! Isn't it a little early for something like that?

HM

renau1g

First Post
Can't give you the much deserved XP there Rhun.

Tre Tre Funnie :p

I didn't know anything about a 5th addition?! Isn't it a little early for something like that?

HM

The playtest info will be coming out tomorrow. It will be interesting to see what they come up with.

apparently not. I think Pathfinder is outselling 4th Ed, so they went back to the drawing board. again.

Yeah, it may not be outselling, but the fact that there's a strong competitor for WotC it probably hurt their sales pretty hard. I still can't believe what they did to Paizo. I still miss good adventures in D&D :(

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I have 4e stuff (like all the modules) and I played a game here on Enworld and went to 6th level with a paladin. I just couldn't get into it for some reason.

When 2nd became third and the rules changed drastically I didn't blink. But something about the way 4e makes characters.

Hold on going to see what I have still....

...back, Was there an E3?? Only one I don't have. I have all of the adventures, a shoe box full of tiles (gave the minis to my nephew -kept the dragons), and the PHB, DMG, and Divine Power (HolyMan get it :p ).

Ok these books are near mint and I can't believe I haven't tried harder. So I think I will try and run a basic 4e game without a lot of filler (sorry to the filler lovers out there) to learn what this game is truly about.

Wait didn't they change 4e? 4.5e or something?? I remember paging through these smaller books at the store that were 4e.

HM

renau1g

First Post
There was a line called Essentials. It was additional class options that didn't follow the traditional 4e power structure (At-wills, Encounter powers, Dailies, Utilities) and in some cases changed the roles. For example the Fighter had an option called the Slayer (in addition to say the GreatWeapon Fighter from PHB) which focused on badass basic attacks (instead of say Cleave) and was a Striker, not a Defender. A few feats were cleaned up from stuff in Dragon, but overall little was changed from this launch. The Essentials monsters were way better than the MM1 stuff.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I just have to say... I somehow managed to get a non-geek girl (who really seems like she could easily be a geek) to squee about watching the Avengers.

Where is a football field post cause casually stroll through it with a fist raised in the air.

Remove ads