how to create golems

rankarrog

First Post
What about instead calculating 1000 per hp, calculate 5500 gold per hd? Constructs have d10 for hp which is about 5,5 hp/Hd. So your calculation wouln't change but we don't have to mess around with HP (Which is IMHO a bit better because roleplaying-wise a wizard can't think about precise HP if he's calculating his new golem, barely a rough guess of his toughness could be made. and this is IMHO better solved with HD then with HP itself).

Krishnath

First Post
Devon: Haven't had the time, wednesday today, been busy all day, with the latin and the computer classes, free all of thursday though, so I'll se what I can figure out.
By the way, Cthulhu, Dagon, Yog-Sothoth, Tsathoggua, Nyarlathotep, Shub-Niggurath or Hastur? :D

ragnarok: Hmm... still doesn't work, as was pointed out earlier. but I'll see what I can figure out, tomorrow.

Devon

First Post
By the way, Cthulhu, Dagon, Yog-Sothoth, Tsathoggua, Nyarlathotep, Shub-Niggurath or Hastur?

Cthulhu and Yog-Sothoth all the way. :D

instead calculating 1000 per hp, calculate 5500 gold per hd

That could work. Although I begin to wonder why Monte Cook has his constructs costing 10,000gp/ hit die when they're not as powerful as a prime golem (as far as immunities).

- Devon

rankarrog

First Post
Krishnath said:
ragnarok: Hmm... still doesn't work, as was pointed out earlier. but I'll see what I can figure out, tomorrow.

My concern was to get away from Hitpoints (Else it would suggest that players, if they construct a golem, could determite the exact hitpoints).

As stated before it works for the golems, not for the shield guardian, which OTOH isn't technical speaking a Golem. Its a Construct+a few Magical Powers+a Magic Item (Material wise the latter seems to cost as much as half the construct itself, perhaps thats the reason for it's high price?).

Last edited:

Krishnath

First Post
Devon: I'm kinda partial towards Cthulhu and Dagon myself, Deep Ones all the way!!!

Ragnarok: Well you could easily get 200,000 Gp for a fully operational Iron Golem, But you would have a hard time finding a buyer...

I spent most of today, trying to figure it out, and I still haven't gotten any closer to figureing it out, I got close a couple of times, but the formular breaks down after clay... :(

Dammit! But I will not surrender, yield or give up, not as long as Azathoth wakes in the great beyond. :D

Remove ads