Special Conversion Thread: Lycanthropes and their ilk

Shade

Monster Junkie
Is there anything else to give them? I would frankly give them a bonus to Spot and Listen or else make Imp Init a bonus feat since the original monster can't be surprised easily.

I'd be fine with all three. It will help soften the blow of losing the rake attack. :.-(

Cleon

Legend
I'd be fine with all three. It will help soften the blow of losing the rake attack. :.-(

Well if they gave the SRD Cat, Leopard, Lion and Tiger racial bonuses to Listen and Spot checks like they ought to have we wouldn't be having this problem.

Well I can go along with Freyar's suggestions.

How much of a racial bonus would you like?

We could also give them Alertness, like all the SRD Great Cats have.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Tactics: Jagweres attack most effectively from surprise, moving silently through undergrowth before springing on their victims. They will sometimes play with their prey, attacking and withdrawing to build up their victims' fear, before finally tiring and closing for the kill.

Cleon

Legend
Tactics: Jagweres attack most effectively from surprise, moving silently through undergrowth before springing on their victims. They will sometimes play with their prey, attacking and withdrawing to build up their victims' fear, before finally tiring and closing for the kill.

That tactics looks fine to me.

So, just to be clear, we're going to give them the racial skill bonuses of the Jaguar conversion we've got on Real-World Animals, plus a +4 bonus to Spot/Listen and Improved Initiative (B)?

If that's OK I'll update the Working Draft.

Cleon

Legend

Updating the Working Draft.

I cut out the skill numbers, since the ones I pasted over from the Wereleopard seem no longer to be relevant.

So, what 16 skill points are we giving them?

The Jaguar conversion we I posted has its 7 SPs divided as Balance 0, Climb 0, Hide 0, Jump 1, Listen 3, Spot 3, Swim 0.

I suggest we use the Jaguar's SPs and add an extra 4 points in Hide and Move Silently and an extra 1 point in Jump.

Including the additional racial bonuses, that would give it:

Skills: Balance +10, Climb +12, Hide +12*, Jump +12, Listen +10, Move Silently +12, Spot +10, Swim +10

Remove ads