[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2011

jsb420

First Post
"By me beard, have a care, mage! Watch yerself, lest there be one skinny, dark elf fewer! 'Asides I knew yous was there.", Brondin says, his eyes scanning the dark shadows in search of more hidden creatures.

Now where in the hells did that drow come from!, Brondin wonders.

"Now I know not of either Vok or Crush, but if'n yer lookin' fer a strong arm, let's be talkin' me price an' what yer wantin' me to be doin'. I don't expect to work fer nothin'. I may be cheap, but i ain't free!"

OOC: I'm okay with that. Finding out that I can start at level 4 is worth it!

Drow relaxes, shadows dissipating and he smiles brightly. "Don't worry, this is not hunting ground, I just like testing whether someone is prey or a hunter. Come hither to my table. My name is Bellegon Darksun." drow motions toward shadowed table where, now that you look better, there is one less shadowed figure then it was when you looked last.

jsb420

First Post
"So the dark elf's got a name. Well met then." Brondin says lifting his mug and taking a gulp. "Let's go to yonder table and swap our stories, elf. I'll be followin' you, if'n ya don't mind.".

Brondin's knuckles tighten on his tankard, while his other hand straightens his impressive beard. He follows the darker-than-shadows drow warlock to a shadowy table in the tavern corner.

Son of Meepo

First Post
As the drink is placed on the table before her, the large mul woman lifts her head, revealing a small lake of tears that had gathered in a slight dip in the surface of the table. She grabs it in two hands and downs the entire mug in a single drawn-out gulp. She wipes her eyes and her nose and yells over to Brews.

"I'll be havin' another."

jsb420

First Post
The drow's path takes Brondin past the sobbing mul's table.

Poor thing! She's gotten herself all distraught, thinks Brondin sympathetically.

As the drink is placed on the table before her, the large mul woman lifts her head, revealing a small lake of tears that had gathered in a slight dip in the surface of the table. She grabs it in two hands and downs the entire mug in a single drawn-out gulp. She wipes her eyes and her nose and yells over to Brews.

"I'll be havin' another."
If'n she continues like that, her head will be hurtin' before too long, thinks Brondin sympathetically.

As he passes her, he reaches into his cloak and pulls out a handkerchief. "Here ya go, lass. I hope yer troubles pass ye by. Onatar knows, a forge canna always be re-lit even after the coldest night.". The lady dwarf takes the proffered handkerchief and - almost as if a punctuation - promptly blows her nose into it, then tries to hand it back to Brondin.

"Ah....no thanks, lass. You keep it", he says, and then continues to follow the dark elf.

"Weakling." comments the drow impassionately as they settle down. Either due to common decency or innate caution, he keeps his voice low so he doesn't have to handle woman drama if she overhears: "If she breaks like that in the middle of some trouble, whole patrol might get killed. She wouldn't leave the confines of the city after first tear."

OOC: apologies to women in the audience, this was just too good to pass up :D

Son of Meepo

First Post
"Thank ya," she says to the dwarf, again wiping her eyes. "It's been a rough three weeks. The name's Ghourra. It's not been so easy saying goodbye so suddenly."

Ghourra takes the second drink and slowly sips this one, sitting at a table watching time go by.

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
The door swings open, crashing against the wall with a bang and in walks a bald-headed human, an eye patch covering his right eye. A large, ugly scar crosses over the ruined eye, follows the man's jawline and ends at his chin. He runs a finger along the scar and, his gaze alighting on the packed bar, he moves toward the group of unemployed adventurers.

He drops a few silver atop the bar, demands a hearty ale, and takes a long draw before he scrutinizes the patrons. "Which of you louts is here looking for a bit of grunt work? Maybe get to crack a few skulls in the process?"

The man continues to slowly look around the tavern, his only good eye falling on Ghourra. "What about you, mul? You look like you could do the job I need done with ease."

He gazes around the room again. "Eh? Anyone want my money?"
OOC: Adventure has been approved, folks, so if you're interested in excitement and the chance for some bloodshed, inquire within.

drothgery

First Post
Tana, gnome female swordmage 4

"Perhaps." Tana said, looking up from her drink. "If it's for something I'd find interesting, anyway. Point me at an arcane tome or some sort of lost magical artifact, and you might not even need to pay me much."

jsb420

First Post
A brawny dwarf sitting at a table (a now empty table, shadows slowly dissipating the drow no longer sitting there) stands up, raises his near-empty tankard aloft, and proclaims, "Aye human. Me name's Brondin an' afore I can agree ta anything I be needin' to know a few things." Brondin lowers his arm and moves toward the scarred human.

"First, I need ta know who imma talkin' to. Second, watcha be needin' us fer? And last, how much o' yer money we talkin' about?"

Brondin extends his hand in the human fashion.

OOC: Thanks Horticulture! It's adventure time!

Remove ads