[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2011

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
"Yeah, I think I can do that. I'll go along".

Ghourra takes the hands of Garfuss and shakes them, perhaps a bit too hard, evidenced by the man's slight grimace.

"Still, I am curious as to the nature of this man's debt."

The man rubs his hands together, trying to knead out the hurt. "It's nothing untoward, really. I did a job for him a while back and he's late on payment. I'd like you and your fine cohorts to get me paid, and in the process, get yourselves paid." He gives the mul a quick wink.

drothgery

First Post
Turning to the mul, he answers, "Well, you're adventurers so I'd be willing to guess you've got a way or two to get him to see reason." He grins, running a finger along his scarred chin.
"Well, I am Zilargan..." Tana says, thinking that her people might not have invented blackmail, but they certainly had perfected it. "Oh, you were thinking more along the lines of just threatening violence? I never did that with anyone that could be reasoned with. Only completely unreasonable things -- creatures from Khyber, Xen'drik wild beats, assassins, House Cannith operatives, and the like."

jsb420

First Post
"Yer terms are acceptable to me. I, fer one, am willing to sign on.", Brondin proclaims, drains the rest of his tankard, and pounds it on the nearest table to accentuate his statement.

"Where are we to be findin' ya, once we return wit yer gold?"

Only completely unreasonable things -- creatures from Khyber, Xen'drik wild beats, assassins, House Cannith operatives, and the like."

"So, we've met before?" asks the drow threateningly glowering for a moment before cracking a big grin.

"Be carefuly who you include in such lists, one never know when could you end up in an adventure with creature assassin from Khyber under Xen'drik wilds."

Turning toward his new employer, Bellegon nods
"I agree to find that companion of yours. As long as you don't send another group after us on the same premise that WE owe you money if we don't find him. For all you know he might be in Xen'drik digging through the ruins."

He then looks over the group: "When do we start?"

drothgery

First Post
"And I was thinking that if anyone objected to that list, it would probably be someone from the House." She said, smiling. She was a cheerful bookworm by nature, for all her skill in blade magic. "They can get so difficult when you're trying to claim an artifact for the Library instead of letting them walk off with it. And unlike most people, they understand that a three and a half foot tall gnome girl setting up to hold the line in front of them probably knows what she's doing.

"For what it's worth, though, I would never consider a thinking person to be a mere creature or wild beast, whatever her origin. And while I have no direct knowledge of such things -- the Library would, of course, never hire assassins -- my understanding is that people in that line of work very rarely admit it."

"I must admit I could use the work." She told her prospective employer.

Last edited:

"Yeah, well, people here seem to think all drow are savages from Xen'rik jungles or some power hungry warmonger among goblinoid races. Not that most would be wrong, mind you. And yes, being an assassin isn't something one would put forward." Bellegon thinks for the moment "Except of course if he's trying to hide in plain sight." this time he remains serious, hard to say whether this was a joke or what.
"I myself am simple courier, lost in The War, I would never dream on assassinating someone, but never forget, I AM drow. I COULD do it. Unless of course you catch me before that." he smiles again. Sadly.

horticulture

Slightly entitled.
"Yer terms are acceptable to me. I, fer one, am willing to sign on.", Brondin proclaims, drains the rest of his tankard, and pounds it on the nearest table to accentuate his statement.

"Where are we to be findin' ya, once we return wit yer gold?"

Garfuss listens to the drow elf and gnome banter back and forth for a moment before answering Brondin. "You can find me in Cliffside, I can regularly be found in the Ship's Towers. Just ask around and you'll be pointed in the right direction."

He then looks over the group: "When do we start?"

"I must admit I could use the work." She told her prospective employer.

"You start as soon as you are ready to leave." He goes silent for a moment, tapping a rough, callused finger on his chin. "You know, travelling by mail coach will take entirely too long. Head on down to the docks and I'll meet you there. I've got a few favors to call in."

jsb420

First Post
"You start as soon as you are ready to leave." He goes silent for a moment, tapping a rough, callused finger on his chin. "You know, travelling by mail coach will take entirely too long. Head on down to the docks and I'll meet you there. I've got a few favors to call in."

"Before I canna leave, I must be leavin' some notice to me superiors at House Kundarak and I'll be needin' ta git the rest o' me gear fer the trip. I'll not be long.", Brondin says to Garfuss. "Until then."

With a respectful nod of the head to everyone, Brondin tucks his divine beard into his belt, and excuses himself. On his way out, he raises a hand to Brews and walks out into the busy streets of Sharn.

Son of Meepo

First Post
"I got nowhere else ta go, so I'll just be on mah way."

Ghourra turns off the glowing bauble with a touch and sticks it back into her pack. She grabs the second ale and quickly downs it before settling her tab and leaving the tavern. She heads directly to the docks.

Walking Dad

First Post
Deimos Vrago, Tiefling Wizard (Mage) 5

"Invitation to get to the docks. That is something different than just jump through a portal and end in a fight for your life.. but this could be fun, too!" Deimos says with a wink before making his way to the docks.

[sblock=OOC]
wiki sheet is still level 4 and before the flaming weapon update.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Deimos Vrago
Perception: 13 Insight: 20 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 16 Reflex 18 Will 19
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 40 / 40 Bloodied: 20
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist: fire 6
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: -
Healing Surge:10 Surges per day: 8 / 8