Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Sloor sits up somewhere in the middle of Mir's reflection, but let's her finish before chiming in with his idea: "Break and enter awn Demaws' quarters? After we sell the need taw awer Hutt first maybe? And dan't wawrry haw we fawnd awt, Sra: we're a frecsing crack merc team! First thing we daw *anywhere* is scan the place tawp taw bawttawm... AND TB's a galaxy-wide expert awn communication slicing taw boot."

"I am?" with the vocal equivalent of raised hydraulic eyebrows.

"You are naw."

possum

First Post
OOC: There is no mention of any special project in the recordings. The only thing of note is that the slave merchants are unhappy and will be arriving tomorrow and a brief mention of the prisoners.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

<At the Guard Station>

After taking a good look at what's required, Mack says, "It is going to take some time to jury-rig a tracker. About an hour. But these numb skulls are out cold and it should be okay."

"You guys keep a look out, yeah?
"

Once completed, he puts it in the most concealed place possible.

OOC: I guess we are successful unless we are going to rewind the follow-on scene.

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle (single shot/stun)

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

Binder Fred

[Guard Station]
Once completed, he puts it in the most concealed place possible.
"Haw abawt unscrewing this panel here and putting it inside?" The besalisk taps the flashy thing on the side of the eldest's coffin.

OOC: TB will watch as before.

[Mack's Room]
"Right... Saw..." Sloor looks from Mir to Darius, but neither seem all that taken with his idea... "Well, you spirks are prawbably right taw boot. Let's just all gaw taw bed fawr naw and let the thing simmer a while in resting brain juice, alright?" Lovely image there, Sloor man. Why thank you, I do my frecsing best work drunk/skunked out of my tiny little mind... A single chuckle, "Frek knaws *I'm* nawt at my planning best right naw."

<Assuming they agree:
The besalisk lays a hand on Mir's shoulder as he goes by, wishing her "A gawd night, Sra. We'll get you your rescue." His smile is the smallest and yet the most strangely serene she's seen on his green face so far.

Dr Simon

Explorer
It seems like Darius's thoughts are elsewhere (again), but he zones back in to the conversation again once in Mack's quarters.

"I'm certain that those two in carbonite are Jedi," he says, "but now that we've got the tracker in place it may make more sense to wait until they are collected before we make our move." He shrugs, uncertain. "They may be linked to this deal with the Sarlacc Project, they may not. We might not even be able to restore them - I've never heard of a person being preserved in carbonite before." He stands and heads for the door. "But I intend to at least try."

[sblock=OOC]
As I understand it this is long before Empire Strikes Back, and nobody knew if anyone would survive carbonite freezing, so I'm assuming here that the "carb-sicles" are a strange novelty.
[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir looks to Darius and comments, "Our first find together," she motions to Mack and Sloor, "We found someone like those below. I would really prefer not to let them be taken, especially if it is the Empire, It only gets more difficult and from there I think."

Mir nods to Sloor, "Thanks." She yawns as it becomes a contagion and the need of some rest is more present. "I suppose we can see what the day brings in a few hours."

Binder Fred

Sloor raises two tired hands without turning around, his goodbye to the other two as he and TB trudge back down to the guard station, their soft voices fading down into the depths of Darga's castle: "Who'se brilliant idea was this anyway?"

"I believe that individual was your height, your weight and had an entirely under-appreciated yet brilliant droid at his side."

"Remind me taw punch sawme sense intaw him when I wake up then: his frekking ideas stink! Naw cansideratian at all fawr thawse under his cawmmand..."

OOC: Sloor will sleep in the guard station, as discussed, with TB on watch by his side (TB has orders to wake *everybody* up if it spots anything during the "night"). If Sloor knows what time shift-change occurs, he'll set an alarm just before that so Three Tops and co don't look too bad in front of their colleagues/management.

possum

First Post
OOC: That shouldn't be a problem

The next morning comes far too early far all of you, the result of spending half the night exploring the dungeons of Darga's palace. Sloor gets a brief thanks from Three Tops as the shift ends, but the next guard watch is a little less accomodating, ordering Sloor and TB back to their room.

It is mid-morning when you're summoned for an exotic breakfast in the audience chamber. It doesn't last long before three tough and scarred humans quickly enter the chamber, flanked by a Rodian wielding a large blaster rifle, a black-furred Wookiee and a Zabrak. Led by this group are a pair of Twi'lek women in chains.

The gathered crowd looks at the group in surprise. "The slaves that you've been selling us are worthless, Darga!" the Zabrak shouts at the Hutt in his chair. "They've been dying before we can even get them to market. They are used up--second rate, even! I want my credits back for my last four shipments!"

Darga gives a slight aside glance to you. "See what ungrateful business partners I have?" he says in Huttese before giving a short laugh. "The only thing wrong with you is that you party with my guards!"

Darga and the slavers begin a long discussion, neither side willing to budge.

Remove ads