Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

Mack looks back with his head cocked to the side slightly and raises a one palm up in a shrug. However, he is and has been keeping his hands to himself this morning.

After the besalisk scoundrel is out of earshot to talk to Demos, he asks in a murmur, "Mir, what's the deal between you and Sloor?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle (single shot/stun)

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

possum

First Post
"They are the Iron Ring group," Demos replies. "And yes, Darga and I would be most grateful if you help in the negotiations..."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"You have a plan," accuses TB, calmly hovering a space behind the three humanoids.

"I *always* have a frecsing plan," unhappily counters the besalisk, looking back at the droid. "The questian's haw taw implement it."

And *if* he frekking should in this case. His first instinct was actually to step right out and voice it, but what is he, some sort of frecsing caped diplomat or something? Maybe he's feeling difficult this morning, but this ain't exactly his frecsing problem, nothing he'd usually get involved with -- not directly anyway. No direct profit and kissing up isn't really his style. Plus, he ain't that happy with his idea taw begin with: ain't no Raden Bowl, that's for sure.... Middle ground then?

"Demaws man, you think you could call a refreshment break awr sawmething? They've circled back taw the start again anyway." (And indeed, as if on cue, the Iron Ringer is starting his "Could not even get them to market" tirade again...) "I'll talk taw Nawble Darga in the meanwhile, if that's alright with you?"

<Response Demos?>

While Demos sets that up, Sloor confabs with the dark-clad jedi, not taking his eyes off the proceedings at hall center any longer than he has too: "That alright with *you*, Darius man? You had sawmething in mind too, right?" He did seem to be heading somewhere himself before the besalisk hit his stride...

<Response Darius?>

OOC: Possum, does Sloor know anything about this Iron Ring group?

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir watches the negotiations.... She look to Demos for a moment...

(( Perception to Sense Motive (Deception) on him... 1d20+9=20 ))

She will turn back to watch and try to get a read on the slavers...

(( Perception to Sense Motive (Deception) on them as well 1d20+9=21 ))

possum

First Post
[sblock=Songdragon]
Demos is lying and it's obvious that the slavers aren't.[/sblock]

[sblock=Binder_Fred]Sloor hasn't heard much of anything about this group save that they exist.[/sblock]

"Very well, I'm sure that they'd be much happier to argue with a bit of wine in their bellies," Demos says as he interjects himself to suggest a brief refreshment break that's agreed to.

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir looks to Mack as his question about Sloor and her, "What do you mean?"

As Demos moves off she puts up a finger to hold Mack's response and whispers to Sloor she motions with her eyes to Demos, "Is lying... and the slavers seem to be quite genuine in their concerns. They are not lying anyhow."

She turns back to Mack, "Sorry... just something I, caught about our new 'friend'." the friend is said with sarcasm.

Binder Fred

Quick one before bedtime

She whispers to Sloor she motions with her eyes to Demos, "Is lying... and the slavers seem to be quite genuine in their concerns. They are not lying anyhow."

"Frek." The besalisk's eyes grow fractionnaly wider and he looks halfway to the neimoidian before catching himself and reversing the trend. In a hushed whisper: "You sure?"

<Response Mir?>

Dr Simon

Explorer
While Demos sets that up, Sloor confabs with the dark-clad jedi, not taking his eyes off the proceedings at hall center any longer than he has too: "That alright with *you*, Darius man? You had sawmething in mind too, right?" He did seem to be heading somewhere himself before the besalisk hit his stride...

Darius shakes his head.

"Just fishing," he says. "Figured it wouldn't hurt to get a bit more information. You heard of this Iron Ring?"

"Frek." The besalisk's eyes grow fractionnaly wider and he looks halfway to the neimoidian before catching himself and reversing the trend. In a hushed whisper: "You sure?"

"Interesting..." muses Darius. He looks at Sloor. "I'd trust Mir's instincts," he says. "Her, ah, senses are well tuned in this respect, I believe. I think it safe to assume that both sides will be dissembling, though. They're slavers, less trustworthy than a Corellian banker."

Binder Fred

"You heard of this Iron Ring?"
"Naw specifics," replies Sloor, who's heard the name but that's about it. He tosses the spindly cartilage and bones over sideways and starts making his way over: Demos has interjected himself to suggest a brief refreshment break and that's been (gratefully?) agreed to. "Well here gaws."

Frek the 'no profit' part. If the Sarlacc project really has something to do with the slaves, then getting as familiar as they can with that side of Darga's business is all for the good. He'd ideally like to get a tour of the facilities if he can, but any little bit could help.

Just then though, he spots Mir gesturing him to the side. When he closes, she whispers [etc]

"Interesting..." muses Darius. He looks at Sloor. "I'd trust Mir's instincts," he says. "Her, ah, senses are well tuned in this respect, I believe. I think it safe to assume that both sides will be dissembling, though. They're slavers, less trustworthy than a Corellian banker."
The besalisk let's that last one go, more concerned about *other* things right now. "What abawt Darga? You get anything frawm him, Sra?" He's wholly focused on her answer.

There's been some obvious - and pretty frekking likely deliberate - breaks in the info stream between majordomo and his Hutt. Is this one of them? (Frek if that wouldn't simplify their lives two or three hundred times over right about now...)

<Response Mir?>

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

As events and discussions are moving to more important things, Mack shakes his head and says, "Later," in response to the counter question about Mir and Sloor.

He follows along on the conversation and is not surprised by Demos lying one bit, since they already know he is sneak traitor. Nor is he really surprised the slavers are not lying, why would they? Dealing in being traffic openly, no reason to lie.

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle (single shot/stun)

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

Remove ads