Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

After some food and re-hydrating, Mack's hangover from drinking too much the night before and getting little sleep is on the ebb.

Keeping his mouth shut about slavers, the soldier is not wearing a pleasant expression at all. But he is smart enough to not say anything during the initial proceedings.

But after watching the negotiations get nowhere, he suggests quietly, "Perhaps we need to get involved to further our trust with Darga. We have the skills to be of use, surely."

"It could help our goals, despite what our personal opinions on the matter. Maybe we need to consider the greater good on this one.
"

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle (single shot/stun)

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
The next morning comes far too early far all of you, the result of spending half the night exploring the dungeons of Darga's palace. Sloor gets a brief thanks from Three Tops as the shift ends, but the next guard watch is a little less accomodating, ordering Sloor and TB back to their room.
"Sure, sure... Say this heap wouldn't happen taw have a pool, would it?"

As a matter of fact, it does <correct me if I'm wrong here, Possum>. Just a little down the corridor behind their collective quarters, as a matter of fact, but...

"Frek." It's a frekking open air affair, with rounded roofs slopping down over a narrow walkaround supported by a few strategically-placed stone pillars. That leaves the entire watery part exposed to the elements: no bulkheads, forcefields or even emergency handles to grab in case of hull breach or gravity fail or something... Frekking planets!

On the plus side, this early in the morning he's got the whole place to himself, so... "Frek it."

Clothes and weapons go on one or the other of TB's spindly metal limbs, a deep breath, and then it's a much anticipated dive, the water parting in a sea of bubbles before him! Ahhh Frek that's good!

[Later on]
It is mid-morning when you're summoned for an exotic breakfast in the audience chamber. [...]

Darga and the slavers begin a long discussion, neither side willing to budge.
Sloor grabs one of the server and orders an industrial quantity of Cooldown: nothing like ice mushrooms to dampen down the serious headache he's got building under the armor plates right now. "Frek if that last bawttle wasn't mandalawrian Tihaar. Dried me up like the desert! Haw are you spirks hawlding up?"

<Response any?>

perrinmiller said:
After watching the negotiations get nowhere, Mack suggests quietly, "Perhaps we need to get involved to further our trust with Darga. We have the skills to be of use, surely. It could help our goals, despite what our personal opinions on the matter. Maybe we need to consider the greater good on this one."

Sloor grimaces: why'd he have to bring *that* ugly concept into it? But, "I'll gaw recawnawiter a bit," he agrees. He'd been eyeing the scene already anyway.

The besalisk gets up and then quietly sidles up to the nemoidian majordomo for a bit of low key info-sharing: "Saw what's the deal here, Demaws man? Who are these spirks?" He takes a thoughtful bite of out of his haunch of... some sort of fleshy crab maybe? Frek if he knows. Nicely salty/spicy though.

<Response Demos?>

"And is there anything taw their whining?"

<Response Demos?>

Last edited:

possum

First Post
Demos looks at Sloor when the Besalisk asks him what the argument is about. "These are some of Lord Darga's greatest buyers of slaves," the majordomo explains. "As if there's anything to their complaining, that depends on what they're using the slaves for..."

Binder Fred

Not the chattiest of spirks, is he? Sloor is uncomfortably reminded of that first nemoidian they met on the airport pad yesterday morning... "Saw Nawble Darga's shipments were in tip tawp shape when they left here then?" He inserts just a bit of doubt in his voice, as Demos is probably the one in charge of that end of things...

<Response Demos?>

possum

First Post
"No slave is ever in tip-top condition," the majordomo replies. "Darga offers his shipments 'as-is' and they all seem as healthy as they can be when they leave here."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Darius watches the slavers and forces himself to remember that he is meant to be a hard-bitten mercenary and that such practices don't disgust him. He steps up behind Sloor's left arms.

"So you're saying that they're trying to claim for damages which they've caused?" he says in a flat voice. "Sounds like they're trying to rip you off, my friend." He glances sideways at Sloor to gauge his reactions to this interruption, then back to Demos. "We... happen to be quite good at sorting out, er, consumer disputes, if you're interested in hiring some, ah, ombudsmen." He pats the blaster pistol at his side.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

Mack gives the besalisk a wry smirk when he asks about his state of being, "Well, fair to middling this day. Could be worse, I suppose."

"While you talk to that guy, I will stay with Mir as we try to follow the latest in the point and counter-point of the contest with Darga and his associates."

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle (single shot/stun)

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

possum

First Post
"Complainers or not," Demos says, "They bring a lot of money into Darga's coffers. If you can perhaps negotiate something in favor of Darga?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
Again Darius gives a sideways glance at Sloor. Like the drinking contest, this isn't his area of expertise but, like the drinking contest, he is starting to relax into it.

"...then Mighty Dargo would be most grateful?" he finishes for Demos. "It would help to know who we were dealing with. That way we could work on motivations, levers, that kind of thing."

Binder Fred

"While you talk to that guy, I will stay with Mir as we try to follow the latest in the point and counter-point of the contest with Darga and his associates."
The many-armed one raises both eye-ridges in a questioning motion: You remember yesterday's discussion, right?

<Response Mack?>

"...then Mighty Dargo would be most grateful?" he finishes for Demos. "It would help to know who we were dealing with. That way we could work on motivations, levers, that kind of thing."
Sloor sighs: this is going to end up another beat-them-up-in-a-dark-alley kind of thing, ain't it? But then, "I dan't knaw, spirks. I mean: look at them gaw! Negawtiatian side seems taw be pretty frescing well cawvered. And if Nawble Darga thawght beating them up would daw the trick, he'd have called us awver by naw, wouldn't he?" A last bite off what's left of his 'crab' leg as he thinks it over...

Remove ads