Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter II: A Wretched Hive

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir looks to Sloor and nods, "I have not attempted to get a read on Darga, although I am sure he is able to hide any signs of common observation from all but the most skilled. Or so I have heard of the hutts." She whispers, "And I could never get anything in that[//b] manner from any hutt."

She nods to Mack, "Alright."

"So if we tried to help here I think it might cause more harm then good, especially if someone has to be 'dishonest' about it." she shrugs feeling like time is running out and whispers to those near by before Demos returns, "How are we going to find... you know. What we are hear for."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
The green one grins that slow, predatory grin of his: seems the swim (and the Cooldown) did him a world of good. "You give up taw easy, Sra." He snatches up a highly-ornate flute of... ripened fruit juice? from the table and takes a sip. "We might still be able taw help awt awer emplawyer... And I haven't been 'dishawnest' a day in my life, Sra: all legal and abawve bawrd, that's the Crimsan Fists fawr you!" He playfully pats Darius and Mack on the shoulder as he finishes, then turns to leave, grinning.

As he strides away, TB comments: "Amazing what comes out of his mouth, isn't it?"

***​

Sloor walks over to Darga's 'throne', stopping close: "If I can, Nawble awne?" he inquires, feeling marbling confident that he frecsing bloody will, but it doesn't hurt to ask, does it? Hutts like that sort of thing.

[sblock=Assuming Darga gives his OK]The heavily armed besalisk puts a foot on the edge of Darga's platform and leans close so he can whisper, one elbow propped up on the raised knee. He takes a largish pull from his 'juice', flings the empty on a passing server tray: "Saw the way I hear it, those spirks awver there are saying they gawt shawrt-changed, while *we're* saying they're a bunch awf vacheads who tend taw break their awn frecsing tawys and then blame the tawy maker, right?"

<Response Darga?>

One of his periodic, outwardly casual look into the rest of the hall (wouldn't do to be caught unawares, now would it?): "Haw abawt this then, Hawnawred Employer: *certified* healthy slaves! Hire a dawc bawth parties can agree with. He stamps his seal, they pay fair price." A look up into Darga's huge dark eyes, canny businessman aura set on High, "There's sawme definite advantages taw selling a quality prawduct line, as my pawp used taw say." A chuckle. "AND it might just shut them up fawr a while at least."

OOC: Figure I'll stop here, see Darga's reaction to the general idea before I go on.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack Granger, Human Male Soldier

Not really able to help, Mack stands around and looks like the hired muscle he is supposed to be. While the besalisk walks off, he nods to give encouragement to him. Then he remarks to their droid, "Well, TB, it is definitely interesting whenever he is around, that's for sure.."

[sblock=Mini Stats]DP: 4 (Rescue) FP: 6
Init: +10 Perception: +10
HP: 55 (17 Threshold) Current: 55 CT: 0
Reflex: 21 (18ff) Fort: 17 Will: 15

Weapon in Hand: Blaster rifle (single shot/stun)

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

possum

First Post
"The Besalisk has a fine idea," Darga says with a slight chuckle. "A neutral doctor..."

OOC: And the bribery race begins. BTW, can I get a perception check?"

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Yeah." An answering curl on the corner of his wide lips: seems like Darga skipped directly to the right conclusion. Always a pleasure to work with somebody who understand how business works. "Speaking awf, I'm frecsing sure *you* knaw plenty awf local dawcs, nawble awne. But if you wanted - say - a spirk the Iran Ring might agree with a bit mawre easily, weeell I just happen taw knaw a dawc whaw just might be willing taw be 'flexible' if I talk taw her just right... Fawr a small finder's few, awf cawrse." The grin widens, some of the predator showing through.

<Pause here for Darga's reply>

Sloor considers... "Anly thing is... Haw certain are we awf awer prawduct, All-Knawing Awne? Wouldn't look frekking right if the doc dawngraded us and backed *them* befawre we even have a chance taw talk to her..." A short pause, and then a quick idea, throwing it out there for the Hutt to judge: "Haven't had the pleasure myself, but I've known a few spirks who dabbled in the trade -- AND my drawid's top notch fawr -ah- biawlawgical field repairs. With your permission, me and the Demaws man cawld daw a walkarawd *tawday*, see if the prawcess - and the prawduct - can't be imprawved a bit awn the cheap? That'd cawver all angles nicely, I think."

OOC: Sloor's perception: 1d20+3=17
TB's perception: 1d20+9=22

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Mack looks on, watching the besalisk at work. Trying to be helpful in the discussion he adds, "Umm, yeah."

The lame attempt at being persuasive has certainly not affected his paying attention to things, however. He is keenly alert.

Aid Another Persuasion (1d20+2=3) & Perception (1d20+8=27)

Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)

Attack Options: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Battle Analysis, Cover Fire, Running Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot[/sblock]___________________________________

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

Dr Simon

Explorer
Having initiated the idea, Darius is happy to sit back and let Sloor do the talking. As always he scans the room in an almost paranoid fashion.

possum

First Post
Darga gives a slight knowing smile at Sloor's suggestion.

Mack's eye catches the beautiful Twi'lek slave that's being led around by the Iron Ring group and watches as she quickly places a bit of powder in Darga's wine cup as the refill makes its way towards the Hutt.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Mack notices the potential nefarious drugging and must decide for himself what to do about it. After a second, he says, "Lord Darga should not drink the wine. There is foul play and he is betrayed."

Having failed at being diplomatic, he goes for straight to the point and no nonsense.

Init: +10 Perception: +10(+8 without Helmet)

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir looks to Mack as he makes his statement and considers to herself, This cannot be good. She looks about the room as it likely is to come to a standstill. She looks about now for who might show some sort of sign of guilt.

((Apologies, I thought the perception check was to Sloor... not everyone. Perception 1d20+9=11 And is likely not seeing anything... ))

Remove ads