GLEE #36: Blame It On the Alcohol

Felon

First Post
Y'know, I have now watched enough episodes to form the opinion that Sue is a pointless character. The intent seems to be that she gives the protagonists something to push against, but since nobody--not Will, not the coach, not the principal, not the students--actually pushes back against her, her presennce is just sort of a speed bump in the show. She shows up, goes off on some weird monologue or tantrum, exits the scene, and everybody else gives her a wide berth and goes on about their business.

And what's the deal with finding out that she has a sister with a disability? This somehow adds a touch of humanity and explains why she pushes people down staircases and tries to fire them out of cannons and generally looks down on misfits and losers? This does not work for me.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
The intent seems to be that she gives the protagonists something to push against, but since nobody--not Will, not the coach, not the principal, not the students--actually pushes back against her, her presennce is just sort of a speed bump in the show.

I don't know how many episodes you have seen, but what you say here is incorrect. There has been pushback a few times.

And what's the deal with finding out that she has a sister with a disability? This somehow adds a touch of humanity and explains why she pushes people down staircases and tries to fire them out of cannons and generally looks down on misfits and losers? This does not work for me.

It gives her a touch of humanity, but does not explain her behavior.

Her mother, however, explains a lot. :)

Felon

First Post
I don't know how many episodes you have seen, but what you say here is incorrect. There has been pushback a few times.
Hmm. Me gotta think now. I did not watch last season, but I think i caught just about everything this season. I do recollect her getting come-uppanced by the girls quitting the Cheerios. That's about it. Personally, I think Coach Beast should just beat the crap out of Sue, and then when Sue starts babbling about Gloria Allred, every witness in the room starts attesting that Sue threw the first punch.

Remove ads