Scotley's 4e Swashbuckler

Leif

Adventurer
Manous Artouche, Human Protecting Paldin 4

OOC: I'm good with that. I think you did bloody him. Will have to check, but assume so and take the bonus since he slid around the corner unfairly.
OOC: Did you catch that, Insight? That's 9 temp hp to Colin! [5? Why would I say 5 when it's 9????] See post #141

Manous has gained 5 temp hp, thanks to Stubby uh, Colin!

Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
Ali's revision of end of last round

Ali moves forward and to the left of the orc savage in the doorway, risking an opportunity attack as he moves through to flanking position. Ali marks the opposite orc berzerker with his aegis of shielding.

Ali swirls his sword in arc that leaves the orc wondering where both blade and swordmage are as he disappears.

OOC: Orc savage at K14 gets an OA against Ali as he moves through to J14. Aegis of Shiielding on orc berzerkker at M15 (-2 to attack any but Ali and 7 damage removed as an immediate interrupt if orc hits a friend instead of Ali.) Use Daily power vanishing blade currently (CA due to flanking with Rhun/Lucian at L14) attack is +14 v AC dam 2d8+8; on hit, teleport invisible until end of Ali next turn to O14.

With the orc in front of him already dead, Ali whirls his sword above his head, sending out a lasso of lightning towards the next orc in front of him but misses (?!)

When the orc axe hits Colin's armor with enough accuracy to hit, Ali reaches out for that orc and misses again (?!)

OOC: This doesn't change as much as I thought it might. The actions the next round should all be able to stand so far.

OOC: Does the orc know that he's been marked?? It looks to me that Ali marked the orc who pushed past to get to Manous.
OOC:

At-Will Lightning Lure (range 3) +8 v. FORT 1d6+6 crit +1d8 pull target to nearest square to Ali, but it missed.
When Colin is hit: Dimensional Vortex (I) imm int when enemy hit ally with melee atk, r10 +8 v Will 1d8+6, teleport target 5 squares, target atks a creature of my choice if available, when used w aegis of shielding mark, atk adds 2 to dam--it missed too!

Ali should be at J14 and visible.

[sblock=stat block]
+2 to damage until EOMNT; +1 power bonus to attacks until end of Insight/Collin's next turn
Alejandro Arroyo Shielding Swordmage 4
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 17
AC:23, Fort:16, Ref:19, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP: 47/47 (+5 temp hp), Bloodied: 23, Surge Value: 11 with 10/10 remaining (currently with 5 temp hp)
Initiative +6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Swordmage Abilites: Swordbond (summon bonded magic sword up to 1 mile), Aegis of Shielding (AW-minor cb2 MARK, atk on others if hit, reduce damage by 7 as imm int); (Improved) Swordmage Warding (+2 AC if holding sword, +4 if off hand empty)
Powers:
At-Will: Luring Strike (W) +11 v AC 1d8+1 crit +1d6, Lightning Lure (I) r3 +8 v Fort 1d6+6 crit +1d8, Sword Burst (I) cb1 all +8 v Ref 1d6+6 crit +1d8 Basic Melee LS +11 v AC 1d8+8 crit +1d6, Heavy Thrown LS +8 v AC 1d8+3 crit +1d6, Basic Ranged Crossbow +6 v AC 1d8+2
Encounter: Sword of Sigils (W) std, cb1, enemies in burst, +11 v AC hit: 1d8+6 crit +1d6, target is marked UEYNT, 5 damage if atk not incl you; Aegis of Shielding-marked target hits creature in 10 not incl you, Immed int, reduce one damage by 2. Dimensional Vortex (I) imm int when enemy hit ally with melee atk, r10 +8 v Will 1d8+6, teleport target 5 squares, target atks a creature of my choice if available, when used w aegis of shielding mark, atk adds 2 to dam
Daily: Vanishing Blade (W) std, one, +11 v AC, 2d8+6 crit +1d6 MISS: half damage; effect: teleport 5 and invisible EOYNT; for rest of encounter, on basic melee hit, teleport 3 as free action
Utility: Dimensional Warp (Encounter) minor, cb3 (you and ally or two allies change places)

Str. 14, Dex. 14, Con. 14, Int. 20, Wis. 10, Cha. 8
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: Did you catch that, Insight? That's 5 temp hp to Colin! See post #141

Manous has gained 5 temp hp, thanks to Stubby uh, Colin!

OOC: I think you mean 9 temps, which Colin gladly accepts!

This will be added to Colin's status sblock for the sake of keeping things current there.

Rhun

First Post
Lucien slashes and thrusts his blade at the orc before him as he dances about, working the enemy into a more favorable position.

OOC: Footwork Lure vrs Orc Berserker to the "north." +12 attack for 1d8+7 damage (plus any other bonuses I'm missing, like Colins?), slide to M13, and put orc in Lucien's vacated space.

Shayuri

First Post
"Just like an orc," Tabitha taunts with a grin. "Bringing an axe to a swordfight."

She weaves her sword around teasingly, then suddenly launches a surprise kick at its scabrous knee, slashing at it as it starts to fall over!

(Using Unbalancing Trick!)

Leif

Adventurer
Manous Artouche, Human Protecting Paldin 4

Manous attacks the orc in L16, using his Bless Weapon power (minor action) followed-up with his Enfeebling Strike at-will power (Att 1d20+11, damage 1d10+5 + 1d6, crits on 18-20 against creatures vulnerable to radiant damage).

OOC: Wow, that was a crit, but I ROLLED max damage with the weapon anyway. With the maxed crit radiant damage that's 21 hp damage total.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Malkyr Tsul

Malkyr reenters the tavern. With the near archer covered by Tabitha. He aims his hand crossbow at one of the orcs harassing the 'front-door' group.

[sblock=OOC]

move: to R4
standard: Handcrossbow ranged basic attack at M14. Should be just in normal range.

Special: If an enemy has 10 or less HP left after hit by me, he is dead.

[sblock=Mini-Sheet]
Malkyr Tsul
Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Dark Vision
AC 22 Fortitude 16 Reflex 20 Will 17
Initiative: +7
Hit Points: 40 / 40 Bloodied: 20
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +2 vs charm, illusion, or sleep.
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0
Healing Surge:10 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Bola Takedown, Percision Dart, Quick Shot
Encounter Powers: Cloud of Darkness, Assassin's Strike, Spiteful Glamor, Cloak of Shades
Daily Powers: Carrion Crawler Brain Juice 0/1, Poisoned Darts 4/5

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
OOC: I think I can go, it is kinda confusing with all the action going on.

Francois surveys the room and focuses his aim at the closest orc, the one next to Tabitha behind the bar. The drow fires both pistols quickly at the orc, the puff of smoke fills the air around him and Francois is already gone, moving quickly and sliding across the ground, moving under a table in the middle of the room to reload his firearms.

"Now this is more like it" the drow calls out jovially.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Quarry M4 archer
Standard: Two-Fanged Strike on archer - Two fanged strike on archer (1d20+10=23, 1d8+6=8, 1d20+10=28, 1d8+6=7) hits AC 23 for 8 & AC 28 for 7 + 3 more for Hunter's Quarry. HQ damage (1d6=3). If both hit then add 3 more damage (Wis mod). So, if AC is 23 or lower, total damage is 21, if 24 or higher, then total damage is 10.
Move: to O8 (attempt to slide under table) - either acrobatics or athletics (1d20=15). If it's acrobatics, total is 27, if athletics, is 24. I hope that's enough. [/sblock]

[sblock=Francois d'Yves]Francois d'Yves—Male Drow Ranger 4
Initiative: +7; Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15
HP: 41/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge: 10, Surges left: 8/8
AC*: 20, Fort*: 16, Reflex*: 19, Will*: 16
Speed: 6
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0

*Defenses are 1 higher against foes more than 5 squares away

Twin Strike
Nimble Strike

Two-Fanged Strike
Disruptive Strike
Invigorating Stride
Cloud of Darkness

Sure Shot
Targeting Hand Crossbow +1 (daily)
Shadowdance Leather Armor +1 (daily)
2 Potions of Healing
2 Potions of Clarity
2 Potions of Water Walking
1 Freezing Bolt +1
1 Attention Stealing Bolt +1
[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]Another suggestion (BTW: Thanks to Vertexx for letting me know its my turn): Post the monster's defenses after that defense has been hit (and maybe hitpoints after bloodied). Again to free up retcons.[/sblock]Seeing the others focus on the orc nearby, Wilhelm loads special shot into Drache. The shot splits into two bullets, one at either orc surrounding Lucien.[sblock=OOC]Rapid shot vs L13 & M14: AC 18 vs first, 26 vs second: 12 hp.[/sblock][sblock=Wilhelm (Dancing Serpent Active)]Wilhelm—Male Human Hunter (Ranger) 4
Initiative: +7 (+11 w/ Aspect of Pouncing Lynx); Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 20
HP: 41/41, Bloodied: 20, Surge: 10, Surges left: 8/8
AC: 21, Fort: 17, Reflex: 22, Will: 15
Speed: 6
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0

Aimed Shot
Clever Shot
Rapid Shot
Warning Shot

Disruptive Shot x2
Aspect of the Pouncing Lynx (active)
Aspect of the Dancing Serpent

Invigorating Stride