Scotley's 4e Swashbuckler

Vertexx69

First Post
Round 3

Thayoon brazenly strides into the Cock and Dog, dextrously tumbling between the legs of Colin to an open spot just inside the door, then gives the swarthy torch wielder on the balcony the slightest of nods toward the archer behind him. His identical bodyguard moving in perfect time with every step the wizard takes.

The fire warrior turns and leaps dynamically off the railing to a table deeper up on the balcony, and then executes a gorgeous spinning flip into melee with last bow wielding archer on the upper level. As the smoldering clubs are dragged through the smoky air of the tavern, they reignite becoming torches again as they are brought down in expert fashion into the body of the orc. "No easy way out this time..."

The two Orcs in front of Thayoon, along with the archers on the balcony and the one in the chandelier hear a strange voice in their heads, the shardmind's cobalt blue burning eyes flashing in time with the words from deep within the solid stone of his head.

You should run away before you are burned to a cinder where you stand.
[sblock=Actions]Free: Using Telepathy (5), Speaking
Minor: Summoned Fire Warrior to (P,9 up on the balcony)
Move: to (M,15)
Standard: Fire Warrior vs (P,10u) archer FW vs Orc Archer (1d20+8=21, 1d8+7=9 fire dmg).
[/sblock][sblock=Thayoon]Thayoon—Male Shardmind Mage (Wizard) 4
Initiative: +3; Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 14
HP: 38/38, Bloodied: 19, Surge: 9, Surges left: 8/9
AC: 20, Fort: 18, Reflex: 18, Will: 17
Speed: 6
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0

Magic Missile
Hypnotism
Scorching Burst
Shard Swarm
Burning Hands
Fire Shroud
Guardian Blades
Summon Fire Warrior
Tome of Undeniable Fire +1 (daily)

Fire Warrior HP: 19/19, Bloodied: 9,
AC: 22, Fort: 20, Reflex: 18, Will: 17
Speed: 6 flying
Standard attack melee 1: +8 vs AC, 1d8+7 fire dmg.
Opportunity attack melee 1: +8 vs AC, 1d8+7 fire dmg.

Thayoon
[/sblock][sblock=OOC]My Round 3 Summary:
Orc Archer 9 dmg

Any enemy that makes an attack roll while adjacent to Thayoon takes 5 force damage.[/sblock]
OOC: I think we could use a mid round update with a new map, considering how many players we have, say after 5 have gone? Ali is up ;)

Scotley

Hero
Manous attacks the orc in L16, using his Bless Weapon power (minor action). (Att 1d20+11, damage 1d10+5 + 1d6, crits on 18-20 against creatures vulnerable to radiant damage.)

OOC: Wow, that was a crit, but I ROLLED max damage with the weapon anyway. With the maxed crit radiant damage that's 21 hp damage total.

OOC: Manous has already acted this round, but I'll save your crit for next round. Note that Bless Weapon isn't really an attack, it is more like casting a spell on your weapon and then you can use a regular power to attack with it.

Leif

Adventurer
OOC: Manous has already acted this round, but I'll save your crit for next round. Note that Bless Weapon isn't really an attack, it is more like casting a spell on your weapon and then you can use a regular power to attack with it.
OOC: I thought that's what I said in my post -- did the bless as a minor action and an at-will attack, didn't I? No matter, sorry for acting too soon. Just too eager, I guess.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: I thought that's what I said in my post -- did the bless as a minor action and an at-will attack, didn't I? No matter, sorry for acting too soon. Just too eager, I guess.

OOC: I just didn't see any info about which power you used in the post. Almost done with the current post. Damn takes a long time to put everything together for a group this large.

Scotley

Hero
Round 3 Summary

Initiative Order
Colin 21
Manous 21
Aislinn 18
Francois 18
Wilhelm 14
Thayoon 11
Lucien 10
Ali 9
Tabitha 9
Malkyr 8
Orcs 7

When the Orc axe hits Colin's armor with enough accuracy to hit, Ali reaches out for that Orc and misses.

Colin, having taken two direct hits, steadies himself. "Woah, there."

Seeing the orc dance between himself and Manous, Colin MacKinnon grins. "Quite a spot you've pur yerself in, my friend." As the orc looks away for a brief second, the dwarf takes the opportunity to plunge his singing blade in the orc's hide.
Manous is filled with righteous wrath and smites the Orc before him soundly giving his companions heart to continue in like manner. (Colin, Lucien, Ali, Aislinn and Thyoon gain 9 temp hp)

Aislinn leans against the outside wall of the inn to catch her breath . . . that last shot took a LOT out of her.

Francois surveys the room and focuses his aim at the closest orc, the one next to Tabitha behind the bar. The drow fires both pistols quickly at the orc, the puff of smoke fills the air around him and Francois is already gone, moving quickly and sliding across the ground, moving under a table in the middle of the room to reload his firearms. He slides gracefully to his destination.

"Now this is more like it" the drow calls out jovially. The Orc is sorely wounded.
Seeing the others focus on the orc nearby, Wilhelm loads special shot into Drache. The shot splits into two bullets, one at either orc surrounding Lucien. Both Orcs lurch as the shots strike them.
Thayoon brazenly strides into the Cock and Dog, dexterously tumbling between the legs of Colin to an open spot just inside the door, then gives the swarthy torch wielder on the balcony the slightest of nods toward the archer behind him. His identical bodyguard moving in perfect time with every step the wizard takes.

The fire warrior turns and leaps dynamically off the railing to a spot further along the balcony, and then executes a gorgeous spinning flip into melee with last bow wielding archer on the upper level. As the smoldering clubs are dragged through the smoky air of the tavern, they reignite becoming torches again as they are brought down in expert fashion into the body of the orc. "No easy way out this time..."

The two Orcs in front of Thayoon, along with the archers on the balcony and the one in the chandelier hear a strange voice in their heads, the shardmind's cobalt blue burning eyes flashing in time with the words from deep within the solid stone of his head.

You should run away before you are burned to a cinder where you stand.
Lucien slashes and thrusts his blade at the Orc before him as he dances about, working the enemy into a more favorable position and leaving him with another wound.

Ali, frustrated at his inability to aid his friends last round, steps forward and tries again to lure an orc to him. Swirling his sword above his head and reaching out with a lasso of lightning, he pulls the orc into the middle of the swashbucklers with lightning damage to boot!

"Just like an orc," Tabitha taunts with a grin. "Bringing an axe to a swordfight."

She weaves her sword around teasingly, then suddenly launches a surprise kick at its scabrous knee, slashing at it as it starts to fall over! The Orc lays still behind the bar.

Malkyr reenters the tavern. With the near archer slain by Tabitha. He aims his hand crossbow at one of the orcs harassing the 'front-door' group. The Orc tumbles backward smashing a table as he falls.

The Orc archers on the balcony fall upon the summoned Fire Warrior with their axes and hack it to smoldering bits with grunts of rage and excitement. The Archer on the chandelier looses a volley of arrows at Thayoon and Colin, but somehow they are unscathed.

On the floor the Berzerkers continue to attack. One misses Lucien narrowly with his great axe while the other whirls on the Dwarf and sinks the great axe into his side (14 damage to Colin). The Orc grins as Dwarven blood flows and he seems to take heart from it.

Just when the Hounds seem to be getting the upper hand another group of Orcs pounds up the stairs from the basement. Their leader is a tall vicious looking brute with a gleam of zealotry in his one eye. The other is covered by a black eye patch. He gestures at Malkyr and Wilhelm and they grunt as the wind is knocked from them by a powerful unseen force. (4 damage each) Both men get the sense that they missed the full force of the attack. The Orc fixes Malkyr with a hard stare that makes him weak in the knees, but he resists the power of the Orc’s will if only just. A savage brute charges at Malkyr, but the blow is crudely aimed and smashes into the open door beside the Assassin. I final Orc charges up from the basemen in a berserk rage and moves into the heart of the room near François and Tabitha.

OOC: Actions for everyone but Manous who has already posted. His blow will almost by not quite finish the Orc.

Attachments

• cock and dog roadhouse upper level.xls
    59.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Lou

Explorer
OOC: Ali hasn't acted this round. The post above was the correction to last round. I asked a question in the OOC thread, but it seems to have been missed.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Ali hasn't acted this round. The post above was the correction to last round. I asked a question in the OOC thread, but it seems to have been missed.

OOC: Must have completely misunderstood you posts then. Will go check the other thread now! Also, can't seem to get the map to load.

Scotley

Hero
OOC: One more try on map! Had to take out some pics to get the file size down to the limit. I was going to suggest you make spiffy little pics of your characters, but I guess the board limit on file size is going to prevent this.

Attachments

• roadhouse.xls
    239 KB · Views: 102

Scotley

Hero

OOC: Okay check the other thread and make your attack. I'll revise the post as needed.

Remove ads