• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] The Lady of Lake Laguna

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Yo gingerly opened the backpack as he fought against the stench and decay of the broken corpse. The man must have been a merchant who had made a successful haul. Inside the backpack was some broken pottery and dried fruit, but also a pouch with 185 gp inside, a smaller pouch with 150 sp inside, and a collection of 10 sapphires that were wrapped inside a cloth and packed tightly inside a plain, brass cylinder. The appraisers of the party (Yo and Elros) estimated that each of the sapphires were worth around 50 - 200 gp each, but were not able to pin it down.

OOC: Sorry guys. I rolled for you thinking one of you was bound to make a DC 10 check. You can try again the next in-game day.

deisenhut

First Post
Pulling out the items from the backpack, Yo holds up the coins and gemstones. "Probably worth about a thousand gold in total here." He glances at the dried fruit. If it looks still good, he'll say, "And some fruit to go with our bacon." He puts the items back into the backpack and attaches the backpack over his own. "We should hold on to this for now."

OOC: You roll a 2 because you rolled for me. The die roller is trying to get me killed.

deisenhut

First Post
Keeping one eye on the birds overhead and the other on this strange group, Yoshiki asks, "We should leave this place. But first, if this alter does possess magical powers as you suggest, would one of you axe wielders care to destroy it before we leave?"

Caim

First Post
Mortar listens to the group as he eats the stew made from the recently killed boars. But after the talk of evil eyed pigs and birds he gets a some what confused look on his face. "Ye don't think this boar is 'infested' with evil do ye?" He then looks to what remains of the boars and back to his stew. "Bah, I'm sure its nothing alot of strong ale can cure." Mortar goes back to eating his stew.

Several minutes later. "So where do these items take us next?"

[sblock=OOC] Have you totaled the XP DT? Just wondering so I can level Mortar up is all. Also when would the 'new' level be effective in play? After we rest? [/sblock]

CootaR

First Post
The little boy said we should destroy these alters. He seemed smart. But if it has a trail going to the bad place, we could maybe follow that trail first. Krag says we smash first, then follow later.

Krag chuckles.

Krag likes smash.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
After pushing the corpse off of the altar, Krag took up his great axe and began to chop up the rock hewn structure. It took a bit of time, but eventually his heavy blade and his great strength is enough to create a crack in the center of the altar. A few more well placed strikes led to the altar breaking in half and collapsing. The deed was done.

The party started cleaning up their items from the camp, preparing to head to the village called Boredton.

OOC: Unless the party says otherwise, I am assuming the next destination is to ask questions at Boredton to the southeast and not move on the second altar in the abandoned town of Hillby to the northeast.

Remove ads