ZEITGEIST The ZEITGEIST Booster Project Kickstarter

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Or, in this case, perhaps setting it up to fail? 'I don't want to do this, so I will make it unlikely to succeed'? (Trust me, I am personally familiar with this kind of trap. As a pessimist I am prone to this kind of self limitation.)

I have never been bothered when seeing Kickstart accounts for RPG material - it is how I ordered the most recent releases for Delta Green. My name is in in the first volume of the Skinhorse print comics from their Kickstart.

Before worrying about negative PR from Kickstarter projects, perhaps a poll to determine if there is any negative PR? The only times that I have noticed any negative comments about Kickstart attempts are when the stated goal was overly ambitious. (A Pathfinder Modern game comes to mind.)

Setting a low minimum can also help with auctions - momentum counts.

The Auld Grump

Colmarr

First Post
The only negative PR I can see is that it might be seen as framing the project as amateur. "Professional publishers don't need donations" kind of thing.

I don't personally agree, either that it presents that image or that - even if it does - that it's a bad thing. RPGs are a heavily loyalty-based hobby, and having your customers feel part of the product seems like a good idea to me.

I personally felt more attached to zeitgeist after making my pledge, to the point that when it became clear that we weren't going to make the target I started to wish you'd take the money anyway and used it on the AP.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases