ZEITGEIST The ZEITGEIST Booster Project Kickstarter

eamon

Explorer
Is there a way to participate from outside the US? I thought I'd give it a shot, but kickstarter seems to require amazon.com's payment services, which seems to require a US account - perhaps I can get it to use a different amazon domain?

Is there a way to participate from outside the US? I thought I'd give it a shot, but kickstarter seems to require amazon.com's payment services, which seems to require a US account - perhaps I can get it to use a different amazon domain?

I'm from outside the USA, and I have contributed without problem.

eamon

Explorer
I'm from outside the USA, and I have contributed without problem.
Hmm, I'll try again...

Edit: Well, apparently it should work, but it doesn't. Kickstarter has a button "Continue to Amazon", which works as advertised, but after signing in, I'm redirected to a page titled "Enable Full Account Functionality", which has the US preselected and disabled, and requires a US address...

Edit 2: Right, this turns out to be a weird amazon bug affecting users that have used mechanical turk. Off to make a new account...

Last edited:

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Having been afforded the opportunity to read the first installment of this series, I felt compelled to contribute to the Kickstarter fund. If I could afford more, it would be yours!

The adventure really is excellent, and I very much hope you achieve the ultimate goal, and are able to add even more quality to the finished product.

You shot too high. If you'd gone for a reasonable number, you'd like have gotten and then exceeded it. When I look at the other projects RPG projects I've backed, they've all aimed for around $3k, and met or exceeded that by a large amount. Look at Do:pilgrims of the Flying Temple (target $4k, reached almost 25k) or Bulldogs (target $3k, reached 10k).

There's a psychological effect and a network effect. If people see the goal as readily reachable, they're more likely to contribute, and if you reach the goal early, even more will pledge (assuming the tangible benefits are sufficient).

And the more contributors you have, the more likely you are to have people that contribute to other projects as well, and you'll cross-pollinate, as it were, with your patrons finding new projects to back, and vice-versa.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You shot too high. If you'd gone for a reasonable number, you'd like have gotten and then exceeded it. When I look at the other projects RPG projects I've backed, they've all aimed for around $3k, and met or exceeded that by a large amount. Look at Do:pilgrims of the Flying Temple (target $4k, reached almost 25k) or Bulldogs (target $3k, reached 10k).

There's a psychological effect and a network effect. If people see the goal as readily reachable, they're more likely to contribute, and if you reach the goal early, even more will pledge (assuming the tangible benefits are sufficient).

And the more contributors you have, the more likely you are to have people that contribute to other projects as well, and you'll cross-pollinate, as it were, with your patrons finding new projects to back, and vice-versa.

Well, too late now! :)

Well, too late now! :)

Well, for future reference. And I suppose you could always try again with Zeitgeist.

There's a couple guys in the RPG community whose Kickstarter profiles I check on a semi-regular basis, because they're 'in the know' and are often early backers of projects.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, for future reference. And I suppose you could always try again with Zeitgeist.

There's a couple guys in the RPG community whose Kickstarter profiles I check on a semi-regular basis, because they're 'in the know' and are often early backers of projects.

I doubt we'll try it again. I was reluctant in the first place, but got talked into trying it.

Remove ads